List Mgmt. 2016 Hypothetical draft, trade and free agency thread

what to do with Pick 10?

• continue trying to trade with GCS for JOM?

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • draft a youngster

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Rockliff

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Hartlett

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumours floating around that Langford and McEvoy could be part of a three way trade between us, GC and the Lions. If so;

Hawthorn
IN: O’Meara
OUT: Future 1st + 23 (Compensation from Mayne) + Langford/McEvoy

Brisbane
IN: Langford/McEvoy + Future 1st
OUT: Hanley

Gold Coast
IN: Hanley + 23 (Compensation from Mayne)
OUT: O’Meara

Rumours floating around that Langford and McEvoy could be part of a three way trade between us, GC and the Lions. If so;

Hawthorn

Brisbane

Gold Coast
So what happens to hawks ruck stocks
Seems like 2 players a first round pick and early second is way overs

rumours of Motlop to hawks and kersten confirms hell go to freo. hill also to freo

Any chance theres the start of a mega deal there maybe involving Delidio ?

stumbling block is no one wants to go to goldcoast

Well with T Mitchell coming for our first pick (14) and swap of later picks now confirmed by Graeme Wright, not sure what hypotheticals we can come up with for JOM as no doubt that was a solid bargaining chip for that deal (most likely as part of a 3 way trade as GC said all along they want players not picks).

With Sammy moving and freed up cap space, I hope JOM puts a ridiculous price on his head and goes to the draft and GC get nothing.

Could this be as simple as GC getting a good-but-not-great mid from WCE and whatever pick we get for Hill? So:

Hawks
In: JOM
Out: Mitchell, Hill

GC
In: WCE mid, pick
Out: JOM

WCE
In: Mitchell
Out: mid

Edit: obviously Freo in Hill, out pick.

Last edited:
Can't believe sammy is probably leaving. He's the 3rd last guy i thought would leave(Rioli & Hodge as 1 & 2)
Absolutely shattered.
Can't believe sammy is probably leaving. He's the 3rd last guy i thought would leave(Rioli & Hodge as 1 & 2)
Absolutely shattered.

you and me both...looks like theres zero that can be done...this was all done behind closed doors...we only just woke up to it today.What a way to treat fans and supporters......

you and me both...looks like theres zero that can be done...this was all done behind closed doors...we only just woke up to it today.What a way to treat fans and supporters......

You're right.
After all you've done to win those pretty silver cups sitting in our museum.....
The nerve of the club to not consult you.

The JOM deal will take a 3rd team you'd think. Will get 23 for Hill and who knows what for Sammy. plus our 2nd rounder (36) plus a future first rounder plus maybe Hartung/Langford etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How bout:

Mitch - WC
Ballantine - WC
Hill - Freo
Pick 12 - Freo
Fyfe - Haw

Maybe if WC gave Freo EMac too, that would make a bit more sense.

Hawthorn

Brisbane

Gold Coast

We get screwed here big time IMO

We get screwed here big time IMO
On the right track though. Think now they have got Tom Mitchell and know what they have left to give I think they will pay a bit more than what they were going to just because they dont need to save it for anything other than the draft. Might get back a second rounder from Brisbane too

This better be for the greater good as it stands if all we get is a shite pick for Sammy it stinks.

I see it as follows for us to have a win here.

1. Load up JOM and price him out of the market for anyone else.

2. Get Eric Mackenzie in the door and a pick.

3. Free up cap space for another player this year/next

If we signed on Hodge, Gibson and Burgoyne something big is brewing.....

We"re still in contention so what's going on in the background or am I kidding myself?

IMO we should be pro-active with the Lions to see if we can facilitate Hanley to Suns. Club must be aware of who is prepared to be moved on, and with Fagan as their new coach, our players may be more amenable to going to Lions. With Hanley to Suns JOM can be easily arranged. They may want us to take Schade too as they need to reduce their list. Hence them wanting quality.

For JOM to turn down 900k for 2 years, or 5 if he wanted, Suns must stink.

GW did well to get agreement with Swans so quickly so he only has JOM to deal with. With the Sam news they could easily have stalled to squeeze more out of us. Consummate professional, as were Swans.

Motlop to the hawks? What's the rumour

Don't know how Hawthorn would go about getting Motlop anyway. He'd cost us a lot (salary cap wise) and he's also currently contracted at Geelong so the Hawks would have to trade for him which we currently don't have many assets at the trade table to get a deal done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back