Player Watch 2024 AFL Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Same rules as every other year.

This isn’t the thread to talk about your ladder predictions or declarations of how interested you are in the draft in response to a win/loss, nor is it the thread to declare who you want to trade for.
Those posts will be deleted.

Talk about the kids in the draft.

Personally I don't see us using our first pick this year as I think we will use it in the Barass trade. Ideally we would use a future first round pick instead but I'd still expect the Hawks to trade our first pick back for multiple picks in the 20-30 range, as I really like a few players in this range. Sydney have Picks 18 & 19 which would be perfect.

Job Shanahan
Kayle Gerreyn
Harry Armstrong
Matt Whitlock
Sam Marshall
Alix Taura

Happy for the club to bring in experienced players I'd love form them to get two picks in the top 30 some how.

In 2024 changes it says:

• The AFL will also continue to run its review on changing the NGA zones ahead of Tasmania’s entrance into the game and the required eligibility and sign-up process for NGA draftees.

Wonder if that opens the door for a change to eligibility that would allow Moraes and Tauru to become part of our NGA.

Personally I don't see us using our first pick this year as I think we will use it in the Barass trade. Ideally we would use a future first round pick instead but I'd still expect the Hawks to trade our first pick back for multiple picks in the 20-30 range, as I really like a few players in this range. Sydney have Picks 18 & 19 which would be perfect.

Job Shanahan
Kayle Gerreyn
Harry Armstrong
Matt Whitlock
Sam Marshall
Alix Taura

Happy for the club to bring in experienced players I'd love form them to get two picks in the top 30 some how.
Sam Marshall could be next level

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch 2024 AFL Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back