Hot Topic 2016 Leadership Group - Murphy retains Captaincy

Which 5 players will form our Leadership Group?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd addressed that in his book. They all tried to stop him. Kernahan tried to stop him as well. They can't physically drag the guy out of the place if he doesn't want to go.

He went to Brisbane. Did Brown and Voss control him?

Fev was Fev's fault. We are searching if we think our leadership or lack thereof of created him.
Was not saying we created him but yes we should have dragged him out.

Was not saying we created him but yes we should have dragged him out.

We're not security. The scene would have been even worse. Judd told him he was done several times. He loudly argued the point.

Fev was working for Channel 9 on the night and that is why he was determined to stay. 'People ****ing love street talk'. 9 would have stopped him by cutting off his feed.

We're not security. The scene would have been even worse. Judd told him he was done several times. He loudly argued the point.

Fev was working for Channel 9 on the night and that is why he was determined to stay. 'People ******* love street talk'. 9 would have stopped him by cutting off his feed.

That is why I used it as an example. It spoke volumes to me about our leadership.
If it had of been stronger, I don't believe Fev would have ignored the warnings.
Did they talk to 9 about cutting off the feed or getting someone else to do it?

They are experienced good players.
Have no issue if they are in the LG. Thomas I am convicned wants to bust his gut for the side.
Walker just needs to curb his penchant for screaming at teammates.

Someone had to scream at teamates, doesn't seem to have been a lot of that by the coaching staff over the last few years.

Fev was working for Channel 9 on the night and that is why he was determined to stay. 'People ******* love street talk'. 9 would have stopped him by cutting off his feed.

Always felt that channel 9 escaped criticism expertly that night. You only have to look at the nuffies that had acted in that role in the past, Newman and silly Shane if I recall and the only difference between them and Fev was a few (debatable) brain cells.

You give an idiot the mike, let him within 100 yards of alcohol and show him prior footage. What would you expect.

Someone had to scream at teamates, doesn't seem to have been a lot of that by the coaching staff over the last few years.

I've only seen Walker yelling encouragement this preseason.

Anyone getting the feeling that Cripps may be part of the leadership squad, now?

The way they keep talking about his leadership qualities ... yes. A couple of weeks back though, the message seemed to be 'not yet'.

I will say that some the Suns having 10 in their group and the Pies elevating Adams after a breakout season (he is 18 months older than Cripps) may have made us take another look. Wonder if we offered him a role for a signature?

I will say that some the Suns having 10 in their group and the Pies elevating Adams after a breakout season (he is 18 months older than Cripps) may have made us take another look. Wonder if we offered him a role for a signature?

That's what I think, although he may not have asked for it.

Would now seem somewhat surprising should Cripps not be part of the group, given just how many questions have centred around his leadership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll have a better idea of the structure and the players involved in the leadership group, soon.

The noise does seem to be getting stronger about Docherty being an inductee.

Inductee?

I have a feeling (hope) that he will be head of the group before too long.

The leadership group may well be, Murphy, Gibbs, Kreuzer, Simpson and Cripps.
They'll omitt Thomas untill he can show that he can stay on the park, showing some forum and sparkle.

The leadership group may well be, Murphy, Gibbs, Kreuzer, Simpson and Cripps.
They'll omitt Thomas untill he can show that he can stay on the park, showing some forum and sparkle.
Not sure about Kreuz and Simmo. Got nothing to do with them not being worthy, but I don't think we will go for more than 5 and I think Doc and 2E are strong contenders for a spot.

Really think Simpson is a must for the leadership group... Puts his body on the line every time its his turn to and bleeds navy blue, a fantastic example for everyone to follow.

Really think Simpson is a must for the leadership group... Puts his body on the line every time its his turn to and bleeds navy blue, a fantastic example for everyone to follow.
I'd be more than happy for Simmo to be in the LG, but I also don't think a 200+ gamer, 30+yo, club legend that leads by example every week NEEDS to be in the LG. He's a respected leader regardless. He's part of Bolton's leadership density.

Simpson has nothing to prove and may have already stepped out, in order for others to move in.
I'll no doubt be wrong but if we are keeping it to a 5 player group:

Definites: ...................Murphy & Gibbs
Possible retentions: ....Jamison
Likely outs: ................Rowe

Possible inductees: .....Docherty, Tuohy, Curnow, Cripps

I can't see Walker or Simpson being involved again and as good a candidate Thomas may be....................maybe not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hot Topic 2016 Leadership Group - Murphy retains Captaincy

Back