List Mgmt. 2016 NAB AFL Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Im sorry but how is Geelong trading another first round draft pick?

Dont clubs have to have 2 first round selections in a 4 year period?

2015 - Dangerfield trade
2016 - Henderson trade
2017 - Touhy trade

Surely the only way it works is if they start counting the 4 year rolling period from 2016 I.e the Dangerfield pick was a free hit!

In the past it was possible for a club to trade out their first rounder every year, the new rules make that next to impossible.

Last edited:
So... by that example, Pickett, a former pick 4 in 2014, should also be costing us a mid to late first rounder. And Ahern should have cost North a late first rounder because he was a pick 7 in 2014...

If an injury plagued Ahern can go for pick 69 and GWS are chasing picks 45 and 55 and are sending pick 58 back our way (apparently) for Pickett, then Marchbank, in spite of his required tag, should only cost a mid second round... considering that he is just as injury plagued as Ahern and Pickett.
you can't just rate it on other players, that is what i find it amusing how some fans do that. Marchbank will be better than those players and will be apart of our awesome defence set up for years to come. It is why GWS rate him highly and want a fair deal.

Exactly. People want to imagine some conspiracy because they want more for him....or that we are idiots. Occkams razor says they want more for him because he is better.

I trust sos not to pay overs, we're not desperate for tall defenders.

Exactly. People want to imagine some conspiracy because they want more for him....or that we are idiots. Occkams razor says they want more for him because he is better.

I trust sos not to pay overs, we're not desperate for tall defenders.

Who is occkhamss?

Occam's razor is a principle of problem solving or deduction that basically says that the simplest or most obvious explanation is invariably the correct one

I think Lance was just having a shot at your spelling. :)

I don't particularly agree with Occam's principle in the way it is interpreted in the modern day, any more. Man is so tricky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wrong. We won't be screwed. We will give up the Geelong 1st, a 4th and get Marchbank, Pickett and a second round pick back

So basically the picks have all cancelled themselves out (give or take some spots) ie trading to GWS a 1st and 4th that were never ours and trading a second rounder out and back in, meaning we've straight swapped Tuohy for Marchbank, Pickett and Smedts as well as blocking Adelaide's bargaining power.

Nice work.

Deadline day predicition...

Adelaide trade Lyons to GCS for 26
Carlton trade Gibbs for 13 + 26
Carlton trade Geelong 2017 1st to GWS for Pickett + Marchbank

End of trade period
Carlton lose Gibbs, Touhy, + 2017 2nd round pick
Carlton Gain 13, 26, Pickett + Marchbank.

It also would not surprise me if we traded something to get 1 of GCS top 10 picks..

SOS just on trade radio, not direct quotes but this is what he conveyed:

SOS: Been in discussion with Crows, not satisfied so far.

Reporter: Would proceeds from Lyons trade do it?

SOS: Unsure, but long way off at present.

Reporter: How much more than #13 is required?

SOS: A lot more.

'We're a long way off'
Nerves of steel from SOS.

No problem hanging onto Gibbs if he's happy to stay.
That's all that matters and that he can live away from his partner and kids. Going to be tough but it's his call.

#13 and a swap of next years first for our second would do it, but seems that won't come about now.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 NAB AFL Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back