2016 NFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Boof glad to see you out of retirement.I agree with you nothing in it. go the tiges.

Definitely nothing in it:

1) High profile ex AFL player on a packet leaves club before preliminary final
2) Disharmony within playing ranks with said player and others
3) President not happy but has accepted it

Nothing to see - Please!!!

If it was any other club the Heidelberg faithful would be all over it. This is the biggest story of the NFL year by a long way.

Nothing in it - Give us all a break.

In further news - more disharmony at greensborough will have repercussions at the end of the season.

Did you read my comment? I was referring to the individual, not the team as a whole. The jury is still out re the team. Reports of multiple 25k sign ons + $1500-2000 per game for top 4 players. Geez, that could almost put 3 Macleods on the park, those figures. And then there's the other 18 who run out every week, which from what I've heard play for a base of $200-250. There's another 80k minimum. That's 300k for the season which is at the low end. Some say the figure is closer to 400k. Those figures suggest you should not be just finishing on top and getting double chances, but walking straight into the GF and winning by 10 goals. Call me old fashioned, but as a supporter I'd be putting my hard earned somewhere else.
Hey "Old Fashioned " I think I know what you're spending your hard earned on and you need to get off it. "Reports of", " from what I've heard", "some say", They're having a lend of you.

Did you read my comment? I was referring to the individual, not the team as a whole. The jury is still out re the team. Reports of multiple 25k sign ons + $1500-2000 per game for top 4 players. Geez, that could almost put 3 Macleods on the park, those figures. And then there's the other 18 who run out every week, which from what I've heard play for a base of $200-250. There's another 80k minimum. That's 300k for the season which is at the low end. Some say the figure is closer to 400k. Those figures suggest you should not be just finishing on top and getting double chances, but walking straight into the GF and winning by 10 goals. Call me old fashioned, but as a supporter I'd be putting my hard earned somewhere else.
Didn't your side get relegated? Maybe you should have put your hard earned somewhere else...

Massive news at selection table for Heidelberg tonight, mass walk out unless demands met.

All players have demanded that the Limousines that take them to and from games have more CC and Dry in them, apparently last weeks Limos only had a few VBs, Crowneys and Jim Beams. They have also demanded that less starch is used in their playing socks, that who ever cleans their boots uses mint foot freshener and the ladies that assist them in the shower post game be at least DD cup....some will accept a light back rub from Boof :)

If their demands are not met they are all moving across the road to West Heidelberg or they will take a pay cut and nominate for the draft.

Good physical game , well done to the Bergs.
Be curious to see if Gaylard is cleared to play after being KOd in the 2nd min of the game.

Massive news at selection table for Heidelberg tonight, mass walk out unless demands met.

All players have demanded that the Limousines that take them to and from games have more CC and Dry in them, apparently last weeks Limos only had a few VBs, Crowneys and Jim Beams. They have also demanded that less starch is used in their playing socks, that who ever cleans their boots uses mint foot freshener and the ladies that assist them in the shower post game be at least DD cup....some will accept a light back rub from Boof :)

If their demands are not met they are all moving across the road to West Heidelberg or they will take a pay cut and nominate for the draft.
Anyone rock up in a pink hummer limo

Well you wouldn't read about it, the limo drivers are booked to do a wedding next week, so we were wondering if some of you Eltham blokes were interested in driving the boys over to the grand final.It would be the first time in over 40 years that an Eltham person has a reason to go to a first division GF. Don't worry about the grog, none of our blokes would drink that Woodstock crap that you blokes drink but Denny if you want to pack a wire brush to do their boots just in case it's muddy in the middle that would be good.

Well you wouldn't read about it, the limo drivers are booked to do a wedding next week, so we were wondering if some of you Eltham blokes were interested in driving the boys over to the grand final.It would be the first time in over 40 years that an Eltham person has a reason to go to a first division GF. Don't worry about the grog, none of our blokes would drink that Woodstock crap that you blokes drink but Denny if you want to pack a wire brush to do their boots just in case it's muddy in the middle that would be good.

Do it Denny! They will give you $25k up front and $1500 a boot!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ooops, some keyboard warrior living of the grandeur of others does not comprehend sarcasm. Here blowie, let me educate you so you can calm down after what was obviously a hard day watching the men play footy.

sarcasmˈsɑːkaz(ə)m/noun the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.

Whilst tone is hard to comprehend in a written post I think you should be able to see that I was actually taking the piss out of all the people that has conspiracy theories against Heidelberg. Maybe you are not old enough to understand maybe your just a bit simple. I will explain it in simple mind terms....

It was a Joke mate, relax. :)

And we have been to Preston for Div 1 Grand Finals......U19s we won, oh hold on, I better explain again, U19s are a grade of football that is designed to allow Clubs junior program to come into senior football whilst maintaining the restriction of age. Clubs invest heavily in their U19s to ensure all junior players are coached correctly and have passion for their Club. They play on a Saturday at 9.30am prior to the Reserves....

Finally, Bundy mate. Would not let a woodstock near this body.

Ooops, some keyboard warrior living of the grandeur of others does not comprehend sarcasm. Here blowie, let me educate you so you can calm down after what was obviously a hard day watching the men play footy.

sarcasmˈsɑːkaz(ə)m/noun the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.

Whilst tone is hard to comprehend in a written post I think you should be able to see that I was actually taking the piss out of all the people that has conspiracy theories against Heidelberg. Maybe you are not old enough to understand maybe your just a bit simple. I will explain it in simple mind terms....

It was a Joke mate, relax. :)

And we have been to Preston for Div 1 Grand Finals......U19s we won, oh hold on, I better explain again, U19s are a grade of football that is designed to allow Clubs junior program to come into senior football whilst maintaining the restriction of age. Clubs invest heavily in their U19s to ensure all junior players are coached correctly and have passion for their Club. They play on a Saturday at 9.30am prior to the Reserves....

Finally, Bundy mate. Would not let a woodstock near this body.
Pretty sure there was plenty of sarcasm coming back your way Denny, don't be so sensitive!!

Anyone want to make a prediction for the comp b&f?

I'm going with Matty Dennis or Fennell from Mont. Sam Gilmore should poll well but probably missed too many games.

Selection dilemma's at Macleod. I haven't heard if Lynch & Hobbs are right to go. Jack Langford back from VFL to add some much needed height.
Could be 3 unlucky players at selection

Macleod by 15 points
Liam Brandt BOG

No doubt the ticket inspectors and car thieves will be out in force on Saturday in Preston

i thought it was funny Denny

There will be plenty of new coaching appointments for 2017. Bundoora, West Preston, Northcote Park, Eltham. Possibly Greensborough. I've heard that Jason Heatley will step up to become senior coach for 2017 at Heidelberg. Robert Hyde is sniffing around, if not Greensborough possibly a rival club. Any other news on possible candidates?

More like making the coaches job a bit easier by not putting his hand up and taking someones spot. Things could change by Sat though if Hobbsy or Lynchy don't come up.
He has been told that he won't be selected, certainly wasn't his decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 NFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back