Oppo Camp 2016 non-Geelong match and general football (Australian Rules) discussion - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cousins may be out on the streets but he has contacts. At some point in time (when he realizes death is just around the corner) he can get a foot in the door where others in his same position would not do so and this is why in 10-15 years time, we will read of Ben Cousins and how he changed his life and is living happily ever after. Even right now, all he has to do is make a phone call to one of those news channels and they will hand him a large wad of cash for him to tell them his sob story. May not be as much money as what he got years ago, but I can bet a lot of people would still tune in to watch an interview. What he does with that payment is the issue of course.
Yeah he does have more of a chance than just about anyone in his position to still come out on the other side ok.
Could still be relatively well off and be able to be a decent dad to his kids.
Unfortunately he has really lost his shit (even for a crackhead) and there might be no coming back and it's incredibly sad and bloody scary of what could happen soon.
I don't care how he makes it out of this, just hope he does.
I've never really been against drugs or anything like that but I really hate ice. It changes people's minds.
Can't stand even being around people who only even do it once a week. They always have a certain vibe about them which I hate.

"West Coast has confirmed forward Simon Tunbridge has torn his anterior cruciate ligament.

Tunbridge hurt his knee in an innocuous incident at training on Monday, falling awkwardly after changing direction.
The Eagles have confirmed the 23-year-old will require a knee reconstruction.
It is the second ACL for West Coast this year, after ruckman Nic Naitanui tore his late in the 2016 season.
Tunbridge has played 10 games for the Eagles since being picked up in the 2012 rookie draft, including three in the 2016 season."

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/news/2016/12/west-coast-player-tears-acl-at-training/

Cousins may be out on the streets but he has contacts. At some point in time (when he realizes death is just around the corner) he can get a foot in the door where others in his same position would not do so and this is why in 10-15 years time, we will read of Ben Cousins and how he changed his life and is living happily ever after. Even right now, all he has to do is make a phone call to one of those news channels and they will hand him a large wad of cash for him to tell them his sob story. May not be as much money as what he got years ago, but I can bet a lot of people would still tune in to watch an interview. What he does with that payment is the issue of course.
Interesting pov, but not sure it's as reversible as that.
Bit like thinking a chronic depressive or person with eating disorder can just decide enough is enough.
Some certainly do- I listen to Gavin Crosisca on SEN who was one of the fortunate ones to do so, but there are way too many who do not make it.
All the $ AND "friends" have not been his allies so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back