2016: Player X vs Y vs Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Hadn't seen this thread here so thought I would start it. Pretty self explanatory title. I am just wondering on the 2-300K defenders.

Curious about thoughts on:
- Howe v McKenzie

Dan Howe - could take McKenzie longer to get into his stride after the 12 months off

D. Howe vs J. Ramsay???
Its for my D3 as I'm rocking a verrrrry weak backline at this stage...
Job security would be the biggest worry for both of them, I think Howe has the higher ceiling and for players at that price it's vital they have a lot of upside but only two players over 265k in your backline is a very bold call but it's good to be different.

A new one that has me in a dilema:

Lonergan v Graham v Crouch (Choosing crouch would mean 40k less cash on the bench. ie. 2 *125 rooks rather then a better rook)
I've got the same dilemma. I've chosen Graham as the extra cash allows me to improve my side elsewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Graham will have a very good season, would have a very good job security and got some very good scores before he got injured last year. My problem is actually working him into my team. Lonergan should be a good selection this year too but with the amount of decent mid rangers in the midfield this year would it be better to use him down back and use that spot on a Crouch brother, Libba or Graham?

I've also got a question involving Graham,

Option A: Daniel Wells & Clayton Oliver

Or

Option B: Nick Graham & Josh Dunkley

Hit 'clear team' too many times and now have another selection issue.

a) Deledio + Macrae
b) Montagna + Wines
c) D. Martin + Parker
???
These are for F1 and M4/5...

Hit 'clear team' too many times and now have another selection issue.

a) Deledio + Macrae
b) Montagna + Wines
c) D. Martin + Parker
???
These are for F1 and M4/5...
Im not really a big fan of any of those pairings to be honest. My preference would be to find a little extra cash and go Martin and a better mid.

But out of those ones... probably Montagna and Wines is pretty quality or Dusty and Parker.

I think Graham will have a very good season, would have a very good job security and got some very good scores before he got injured last year. My problem is actually working him into my team. Lonergan should be a good selection this year too but with the amount of decent mid rangers in the midfield this year would it be better to use him down back and use that spot on a Crouch brother, Libba or Graham?

I've also got a question involving Graham,

Option A: Daniel Wells & Clayton Oliver

Or

Option B: Nick Graham & Josh Dunkley
If they have to be on field Oliver and Wells is safer as Dunkley's job security is questionable.

Im not really a big fan of any of those pairings to be honest. My preference would be to find a little extra cash and go Martin and a better mid.

But out of those ones... probably Montagna and Wines is pretty quality or Dusty and Parker.

Cheers, already scabbed enough money from the backline and don't really want to take any more. I'm leaning towards Dusty and Parker but its bound to change.

A new one that has me in a dilema:

Lonergan v Graham v Crouch (Choosing crouch would mean 40k less cash on the bench. ie. 2 *125 rooks rather then a better rook)

Straight away I thought Crouch easily. But didn't think of the 125 rookies.
I'd probably say ride the Graham train for as long as it goes and then hopefully upgrade before he falls over.

If they have to be on field Oliver and Wells is safer as Dunkley's job security is questionable.

I think Dunkley has a fantastic scoring potential but his job security is with out a doubt his main concern. I've fiddled around with my team to get both Graham and Oliver (would much prefer Graham over Wells and Oliver over Dunkley.)

Laird vs Kolodjasnij???? Anyone?
Personally I'd go with Laird, a safe bet and should improve his average on last season. With the days of small tagging forwards just about gone he should have a free scoring year.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

2016: Player X vs Y vs Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Back