2016 Rate My Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on my team? Had a few changes in last day!

Remaining salary $2,000

DEF: Shaw, Laird, Houli, Harwood, Dea, M.Adams (Cowan, Ruggles)

MID: Ablett, Hanners, Rocky, T.Adams, Libba, Robinson, B.Kennedy, Macaffer (R.Davis, Menadue)

RUC: Currie (C) , Z.Smith (Cox, S.Martin)

FWD: Martin (VC), Barlow, A.Hall, Wells, Kerridge, McCarthy (Kommer, Sumner)

- Bench players are not locked in, will change depending on selections
- Starting currie, to use Dusty as a Captain if he kills it against Blues
- wondering whether Harwood is worth the hype or try and juggle some cash around to squeeze in a Lonergan(GC) in DEF or someone similar
Good looking side mate, wouldn't stress about your defence. Harwood isn't going to go and get monster scores but he's got a good job security and can average 65ppg, Shaw, Houli and Laird should be able to carry the backline whilst the others sit there, get there 55-70 points every week whilst making you plenty of money. It's a very poor year for defensive options, most people aren't spending a lot down there. Looks strong to me!

Was that Dan Robinson from the Swans in your midfield? If so did you not have the money for Mills (or even Oliver) or do you just rate Robinson as a better scorer?

I know you said your rookies will play but the basement priced rookies up forward are certainly causing a few headaches. With Sumner not named for the Blues trade him out before tomorrow. Relying on McCarty, Kommer or whoever else you pick at a basement price Sumner is quite risky, McCarthy doesn't have a very poor job security and ideally you don't want to plan to start with Kommer on the field. Without spending anything I'd move Kennedy or Menadue to F6 for Sumner and then put Hewett if he's named tomorrow as your M8. That way Kommer and McCarthy are on you bench, even though Hewitt doesn't have a very good JS either atleast he's on your bench, realisticly this year I can't think of a 125k player that has the scoring potential or job security to warrant an onfield option to start on your ground. If you were able to free up some cash Anthony McDonald-Tipung (because he's. DPP he could also be a better option for Adams down back)or Josh Simpkin would be some good options for Sumner and then If you did get the extra cash personally would also bring in Mills for Robinson.

Overall a very good team to go into round 1 with mate, great stuff!!

Good looking side mate, wouldn't stress about your defence. Harwood isn't going to go and get monster scores but he's got a good job security and can average 65ppg, Shaw, Houli and Laird should be able to carry the backline whilst the others sit there, get there 55-70 points every week whilst making you plenty of money. It's a very poor year for defensive options, most people aren't spending a lot down there. Looks strong to me!

Was that Dan Robinson from the Swans in your midfield? If so did you not have the money for Mills (or even Oliver) or do you just rate Robinson as a better scorer?

I know you said your rookies will play but the basement priced rookies up forward are certainly causing a few headaches. With Sumner not named for the Blues trade him out before tomorrow. Relying on McCarty, Kommer or whoever else you pick at a basement price Sumner is quite risky, McCarthy doesn't have a very poor job security and ideally you don't want to plan to start with Kommer on the field. Without spending anything I'd move Kennedy or Menadue to F6 for Sumner and then put Hewett if he's named tomorrow as your M8. That way Kommer and McCarthy are on you bench, even though Hewitt doesn't have a very good JS either atleast he's on your bench, realisticly this year I can't think of a 125k player that has the scoring potential or job security to warrant an onfield option to start on your ground. If you were able to free up some cash Anthony McDonald-Tipung (because he's. DPP he could also be a better option for Adams down back)or Josh Simpkin would be some good options for Sumner and then If you did get the extra cash personally would also bring in Mills for Robinson.

Well said. This year is going to be a roll of the dice (more so than usual) with the 125k rookie players at D8 M10 and F8. All the information in the world can only take one so far, just have to trust your gut on who to select and structure up well so they are nowhere near your field. Depending on the team sheets tomorrow, looking long term it may even be worth finding extra cash to get in a Gault/Kent type instead of Kommer/McCarthy.

Mate what an awesome reply. Thanks for the time for your input!

My m6 is Mitch Robinson (could even chuck him up forward).

Yes I did see Sumner isn't named and am thinking if doing very similar to what you mentioned. Thinking of bringing in McTippa for Adams, pending selections and same with the two feeling defenders I have.

Just wondering the Hewett everyone is talking about is that the SYD or PTA?

Mate what an awesome reply. Thanks for the time for your input!

My m6 is Mitch Robinson (could even chuck him up forward).

Yes I did see Sumner isn't named and am thinking if doing very similar to what you mentioned. Thinking of bringing in McTippa for Adams, pending selections and same with the two feeling defenders I have.

Just wondering the Hewett everyone is talking about is that the SYD or PTA?
No worries at all, Mitch Robinson gives you an even stronger midfield!

Hewett from the Swans mate, appears a really good shot to be named tonight, just have to wait and see though.

All the best with your team mate. :thumbsu:

I'm going risky/hype team with too many midpricers and a weak defence.

Includes the likes of -
BroSmith
Howe
Lonergan

Duncan
DblCrouch

Leuey

No dusty
Gray
Hall

Got $124k break glass in case of emergency bank fund.

I wouldn't recommend anyone else do this. Just felt my original team was a bit boring and very similar to my DT squad.

Funnily enough a lot of these risky players have relatively high ownership. I think sticking traditional with mostly guns and rookies could really pay off this year. Not listening to my own advise at this stage

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I'm going risky/hype team with too many midpricers and a weak defence.

Includes the likes of -
BroSmith
Howe
Lonergan

Duncan
DblCrouch

Leuey

No dusty
Gray
Hall

Got $124k break glass in case of emergency bank fund.

I wouldn't recommend anyone else do this. Just felt my original team was a bit boring and very similar to my DT squad.

Funnily enough a lot of these risky players have relatively high ownership. I think sticking traditional with mostly guns and rookies could really pay off this year. Not listening to my own advise at this stage

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Apart from Luey I like it..... I probably have a similar-ish forward line to you!!

Here goes - criticism appreciated! Praise is preferred :):):) i clearly still need to settle on my bench

JsrstZP.jpg

Well I finally think I'm settled baring my rookie selections so I thought I'd reveal pretty much my final team. This was how I was looking last week: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2016-rate-my-team.1119907/page-10#post-43387534

upload_2016-3-24_12-54-6.png

- Decided to drop Johannisen for Mcdonald-Tipun, I got cold feet and was after some money to bolster my midfield/forward line. I'll absolutely rage if he starts to tear it up but I've just been bit on the but to many times before by hype picks in previous seasons.

- Probably the weakest backline I've ever started a season with ever. I know a lot of teams will start with a bit stronger of a defense but I'm really not overly concerned the money I've saved has really helped strengthen the rest of my side. With the lack of quality options down there you'd be silly to spend a lot of money in your defense I feel.

- Quite concerned about three Essendon rookies in my backline. I feel Matty Dea and Anthony McDonald-Tipun are the best two options available under 175k so they won't be going anywhere, hopefully I can move on Hartley after seeing the teams tonight. Broad not getting named was a pain in the but.

upload_2016-3-24_13-7-25.png

- Have spent a lot of money in my midfield five premiums, one higher priced mid-ranger and two premium rookies is some serious dosh but I'm really not worried about over spending there because I believe every each one of them players can up their averages from last season and make me money. I've found it quite interesting that the most expensive midfielder I've got is worth 581k, normally I'd have one or two players over that bracket but I think it's allowed me to get a even spread across those premium selections.

- However I can acknowledge I've taken quite a risk selecting Selwood, Rocky and Ablett who all didn't play a NAB Challenge game is quite a risk but If there was three players you could bank on to perform even underdone It'd be those three. Selwood played in the VFL last Friday so I've got no concerns on his fitness. At that price, his new much stronger midfield around him and the Catters playing GWS, Brisbane and Essendon in round 2, 3 & 4 how can you not select him? Even if Rocky isn't at full fitness or takes a few rounds to get going at 580k you're not going to lose a cent and still pump out scores of 100+ no worries. Ablett is my real concern but with the Suns quite easy first month I don't want to miss the boat, we all seen how he scored in his game back from injury last season he scored 119, 119 & 176 points in the three games before getting injured again. With the two trades each round he can be easily replaced if he does pick up another injury.

- Macrae is the other addition to my midfield, has been Mr Consistent over the last two season. I replaced Hanners for him, Macrae saves me 30k but has a lot more upside. Whilst Hannenbery is a safer bet he's not going to improve from the standard he's at Macrae really can become the next fantasy pig. I actually talked my self into it when I was telling Fitzey how good of a pick he made putting him in his own midfield. :D:p Don't think I'm stealing your man though mate you just made me realize how good he is/can be. (Now it sounds like I'm talking about women ahaha)

- Decided to go against a mid pricer (other than Hall who I actually see as a premo), I dropped Graham and used the freed up in my backline to make him Garry Ablett. Yes, there's plenty of mid price options this yeat but other than Hall I just had question marks on everyone else there wasn't a clear standard mid pricer. I feel far safer with a guns/rookies set up.

upload_2016-3-24_13-31-2.png

- Only position I haven't touched. Flirted with the idea of going Gawn but I'm confident in Smith to average 80pts a game, make me some money and then look to upgrade him into a top level premo in the near future.

- Presuming Cox and/or Currie aren't named round 1 I'll use the rucks to try a loop hole. I'll chuck the VC on Dustin Martin tonight and if he scores 130+ I'll put one of those rookies on my field and Zac Smith on the bench with the big E on him.

upload_2016-3-24_13-35-58.png

- Not much to report on very happy with how my fowardline has turned out. Martin, Barlow, Greene and Barlow stay put very confident in them all to have big season. Green does concern me a little bit that he may play to much time down forward and it'll affect his points but I do think he can have a break out season and he is priced quite nicely.

- Turned Ben Kennedy and Mitch Brown into Daniel Wells and Jonathan Simpkin which I'm quite happy with two very secure rookie who I'd probably rate as the best two rookies in their respective price brackets.

** have exactly 20k sitting in the kitty to give me a tiny bit of movement to use on my rookies.

Now I really must get back to work but If you've thought I've lost the plot somewhere or missed something like always feedback is welcome and wanted! If you'd like to ask any questions or reasoning behind selections please fire away!! :thumbsu::thumbsu:

i See that Ryan Davis has been announced to play for GC Suns

What is the likely return date for some of the Suns missing midfielders ?? I know they have a few (Swallow, O'Meara...) out sort of indefinitely, but are there any others likely to displace Davis in the next few weeks ?

What is the likely return date for some of the Suns missing midfielders ?? I know they have a few (Swallow, O'Meara...) out sort of indefinitely, but are there any others likely to displace Davis in the next few weeks ?

I'm not 100% sure but im pretty sure Swallow and O'Meara are more longer term Swallow knee indefinate, O'Meara knee Indefinate. This does not guarantee Davis though.

I see also that Prestia is back still got a few bodies to run through the MID for the suns

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would appreciate any feedback you guys have.

4gk8b8.jpg

Notes:

- Originally wanted to start with 5 premo mids. Have decided the cash spent and what it takes away from the rest of the team will most likely not be worth it. Hunter had an un-vested average of 109 at Etihad last season (where the Dogs play their first 7 games) so I don't think the points lost there will be of greater value than the money saved /points gained in other areas.

- Rich over Lonergan/Sheridan. Think that's 50k well spent as Lonergan/Sheridan are big risks. I can see a lot of people getting burned by one or both of them. Rich should be a solid 85-90 and improve on last season's output, which would see him become a great D5/6 down the track.
- Howe is a slight risk, but his scoring potential is a huge upside at that price. By all reports has good job security so long as he performs, which I think he will. Apparently being groomed as a midfielder which gets me excited.
- Hannerbury/Danger over Steven/T Mitchell. Think Steven will drop in price be a good upgrade target. I love Titchell but there still remains the possibility of a negating role for him in some games. I'm backing Hanners/Danger to be a top 5 mid this season, with Danger especially looking primed to take the AFL by the balls this season at his new club.
- B Crouch over M Crouch. Not following the pre-season hype, he's a better ball winner and tackler than his brother. Will be attending plenty of bounces with Danger gone. 40 touches in his last SANFL game sealed the deal for me.
- Robinson over Dusty. 70k cheaper and his averages without Beams in the team are through the roof. By all reports has turned into a leader up at Brisbane (who would have expected that!) so I think he'll start the season like a house on fire. Dusty will drop in price anyway and be a nice upgrade.
- Hall over Greene/S Gray. Smashing pre-season form earns him a spot. I think with pure midfield time he can average near 100 this season and be one of the picks of the year.
- Zac Smith over Gawn. This was more due to price than design. Gawn will most likely average more ppg but I think Smith can average enough to prove to be better value. Doesn't really matter as a later trade would be used here regardless of who was picked - they are both just stepping stones to Goldy.
- Hewett and McCarthy are the only rooks JS I'm worried about. If it was in RDT I'd be spending more money for a Simpkin/Greshan/Gaultwho have better security, but with 2 trades a week its worth the gamble given their basement price and scoring potential.

Again, any feedback regardless if it's good or bad is much appreciated.

Last edited:
Would appreciate any feedback you guys have.

4gk8b8.jpg

Notes:

- Originally wanted to start with 5 premo mids. Have decided the cash spent and what it takes away from the rest of the team will most likely not be worth it. Hunter had an un-vested average of 109 at Etihad last season (where the Dogs play their first 7 games) so I don't think the points lost there will be of greater value than the money saved /points gained in other areas.

- Rich over Lonergan/Sheridan. Think that's 50k well spent as Lonergan/Sheridan are big risks. I can see a lot of people getting burned by one or both of them. Rich should be a solid 85-90 and improve on last season's output, which would see him become a great D5/6 down the track.
- Howe is a slight risk, but his scoring potential is a huge upside at that price. By all reports has good job security so long as he performs, which I think he will. Apparently being groomed as a midfielder which gets me excited.
- Hannerbury/Danger over Steven/T Mitchell. Think Steven will drop in price be a good upgrade target. I love Titchell but there still remains the possibility of a negating role for him in some games. I'm backing Hanners/Danger to be a top 5 mid this season, with Danger especially looking primed to take the AFL by the balls this season at his new club.
- B Crouch over M Crouch. Not following the pre-season hype, he's a better ball winner and tackler than his brother. Will be attending plenty of bounces with Danger gone. 40 touches in his last SANFL game sealed the deal for me.
- Robinson over Dusty. 70k cheaper and his averages without Beams in the team are through the roof. By all reports has turned into a leader up at Brisbane (who would have expected that!) so I think he'll start the season like a house on fire. Dusty will drop in price anyway and be a nice upgrade.
- Hall over Greene/S Gray. Smashing pre-season form earns him a spot. I think with pure midfield time he can average near 100 this season and be one of the picks of the year.
- Zac Smith over Gawn. This was more due to price than design. Gawn will most likely average more ppg but I think Smith can average enough to prove to be better value. Doesn't really matter as a later trade would be used here regardless of who was picked - they are both just stepping stones to Goldy.
- Hewett and McCarthy are the only rooks JS I'm worried about. If it was in RDT I'd be spending more money for a Simpkin/Greshan/Gaultwho have better security, but with 2 trades a week its worth the gamble given their basement price and scoring potential.

Again, any feedback regardless if it's good or bad is much appreciated.

nice team, Zac Smith seems a high risk to me... How will you roll if he gets injured early? Leuy? or downgrade elsewhere?
apart from that you are rockin a great midfield.

upload_2016-3-27_16-32-43.png

Went Aaron Hall and Clayton Oliver originally and then took them out unfortunately (at least i swapped Oliver with Parish who did well). McGovern did okay. Could switch with Anderson. Mumford disappointing, considering changing next week. Gray looks like he is going to get a massive score at the moment. Any feedback would be appreciated. Haven't really played seriously before.

Really didn't expect to be posting my team again but here I am, would honestly love to know some thoughts and opinions. Still working with in the 10m salary cap and have 17k remaining.

upload_2016-4-1_10-9-13.png

- Have taken a few more risks and picked up a lot mid pricers.
- Have Prestia as my POD/cheaper premo mid, originally had Shiel but GWS have Cats and Swans (who he scored 47 against last season) over their next two games with a poorer Rd 1 he's only going to drop in value. I like the upside in Prestia.
- Had to drop Martin which I really wasn't to keen on doing but I needed the cash. No Forward over 450k isn't ideal but Gray/Hall can become true premos and Kerridge/Wells shouldn't have any troubles getting their prices over 450k.

As I said I really wasn't to sure how to approach this round after Round 1 but I do have unlimited trades and feel a bit better about things after a bit of playing around. Thoughts, opinions and suggestions would be really appreciated.

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 Rate My Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back