List Mgmt. 2016 re-signing mission accomplished!

Remove this Banner Ad

Going in to this season he is the last person I thought might leave!

Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty sure he will stay. But can understand if he doesn't.

The whole "If we wanted to keep him he would be signed" thought process, isn't exactly well thought out though. Overlooks the most imperative part of contracts.

Has the thought that Darcy might not want to re-sign crossed your mind?.....

yes it had but it was more to do with him maybe not being a fan of Rockliff and/or Hanley and he is waiting to see what happens there.

The whole "If we wanted to keep him he would be signed" thought process, isn't exactly well thought out though. Overlooks the most imperative part of contracts.

i'll endeavour to up the standard of my player comings and goings discourse from the prattle level to the cogitation level.:)

Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty sure he will stay. But can understand if he doesn't.

I interpret your 1st sentence as there is more to Darcy's decision that just footy, in which case you just have to respect whatever he feels is the right thing to do in whatever circumstances he has been presented with.

Hoping he stays that's for sure

You guys know I retracted my Gardiner guarantee right?

He's still unsigned and I'm just as much in the dark about his intentions as everyone else.

Best and final offer still on the table but seems to be some hold up, right?

Whilst I'm not staking anything on this one, I'd be very surprised if he left us. But one can't help but to feel for him.

shame, we were pretty much guaranteed Gardiner would stay by BrownDog as we were Aish with Leemas.

In any case, l can't see Gardiner leaving. Who would want him? He hasn't shown too much at this point in time and other clubs would probably prefer developing their own. And l doubt he would get the same salary anywhere else.

:p
shame, we were pretty much guaranteed Gardiner would stay by BrownDog as we were Aish with Leemas.

In any case, l can't see Gardiner leaving. Who would want him? He hasn't shown too much at this point in time and other clubs would probably prefer developing their own. And l doubt he would get the same salary anywhere else.
Haha look brown dog your the new me. Glad I'll be finally passing on the crown.
Could this be the beginning of a new award the annual trade horse of the year? :p:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You ever given us some sweet mail a Mayes ing?

:p
Haha look brown dog your the new me. Glad I'll be finally passing on the crown.
Could this be the beginning of a new award the annual trade horse of the year? :p:p

That's for the punters to decide. May need to get some credit in the bank first.

Actually, I think there is truth in this.

I like Darcy because he shows a bit of mongrel and I think he's a team kind of guy.

But at this stage, he would probably NOT command a big price tag from any team that consider themselves a serious contender in 2017.

"Role" players really are a dime a dozen.

If we have a reasonable offer on the table and he is holding out, I'm quite comfortable with the club drawing the line with him.

You ever given us some sweet mail a Mayes ing?
nope, but l have never claimed l have inside mail. And you obviously do most of the time but you got this one wrong. As did Leemas but he got in a lot of shit last season because of that. Just making sure that people know even the mightiest sometimes get things wrong :D

Edit: it's the problem with dealing with definities when things havent happened yet.

On that I can't see another club really being that interested in Gardiner. I reckon he's more likely to get game time here rather than anywhere else.

nope, but l have never claimed l have inside mail. And you obviously do most of the time but you got this one wrong. As did Leemas but he got in a lot of shit last season because of that. Just making sure that people know even the mightiest sometimes get things wrong :D

Most things with player re-signings are moving feasts. The word I got on Gardiner was that it was all done bar the formalities at the same time and from the same source that told me Squizzy had re-signed for 3 years (along with me being able to pass on a lot of other re-signings over the previous year. So we can follow the chain of "wrongness" back all the way but I was happy to pass it on at the time.

I was also able to correct the record well in advance too. The club was of the belief that Dizz was done, until Lucas suddenly applied the brakes.

I'm cool with taking a whack but ideally moreso from people who give sometimes instead of total taking.

There are other avenues for the sharing of information after all.

Edit: it's the problem with dealing with definities when things havent happened yet.

This is pretty unfair really mate

On that I can't see another club really being that interested in Gardiner. I reckon he's more likely to get game time here rather than anywhere else.
exactly right, every club has defenders and have probably shown just as much as him (if not more). We have a dearth of defenders atm, more so than any other club, would be silly to leave now. If he wants game time, he should be staying here. Definitly want him to stay because we can't keep getting rid of players after developing him and believe he can turn into something good but l am glad our club is not giving him anything more. Final offer, take it or leave it.

Most things with player re-signings are moving feasts. The word I got on Gardiner was that it was all done bar the formalities at the same time and from the same source that told me Squizzy had re-signed for 3 years (along with me being able to pass on a lot of other re-signings over the previous year. So we can follow the chain of "wrongness" back all the way but I was happy to pass it on at the time.

I was also able to correct the record well in advance too. The club was of the belief that Dizz was done, until Lucas suddenly applied the brakes.

I'm cool with taking a whack but ideally moreso from people who give sometimes instead of total taking.

There are other avenues for the sharing of information after all.
Yeah l know. Not trying to start anything at all mate. But when respected posters such as yourself deal with definitives like a player definitly over the line (or something to that degree) then someone has too call that poster out :thumbsu:

If l make a definitive statement and l got it wrong, then by all means someone call me out on it. All good.

As l said before, can't see anyone taking Gardiner just through lack of interest so l believe he will stay.

Yeah l know. Not trying to start anything at all mate. But when respected posters such as yourself deal with definitives like a player definitly over the line (or something to that degree) then someone has too call that poster out :thumbsu:

Yeah they did at the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 re-signing mission accomplished!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back