2016 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Hewett a lock for round 1? If so he's possibly a better pick than Mills so you can pocket 80k
Not as good as Mills JS wise, maybe a more durable player because of age but ,hard to split ATM
+1, From JS and Scoring Output ill have Mills.

Take a read of this article on the Herald Sun few senior players asked about their Supercoach picks for 2016.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...l/news-story/8b233dac1bdc2a639a8c99ff3d54274f

Charlie Curnow, Callum Mills, Brent Maccafer, Jade Gresham and Christian Petracca all mentioned. Im more intrested in Jayden Hunt ($123,900 Fwd) and Darcy Byrne-Jones ($123,900 Def) who were tipped as smokies for R1 by Brad Ebert and Jack Watts.. :rolleyes:.

Is Hewett a lock for round 1? If so he's possibly a better pick than Mills so you can pocket 80k
hqdefault.jpg

If he's named for round 1, will you go with him?

Depends on which other Def rookies are named. It will probably be a last minute decision with Byrne. Wish Byrne was still a DPP (was a B/F last year) for this reason I'd rather Tippa, Adams, Brown because I can rotate them for flexi bench cover across 2 lines.

Just with Carlton in general, I think our top 6-8 players will score reasonably well, but SC scores will fall away drastically after that with more than half the team scoring 60 or less most weeks.

Depends on which other Def rookies are named. It will probably be a last minute decision with Byrne. Wish Byrne was still a DPP (was a B/F last year) for this reason I'd rather Tippa, Adams, Brown because I can rotate them for flexi bench cover across 2 lines.

Just with Carlton in general, I think our top 6-8 players will score reasonably well, but SC scores will fall away drastically after that with more than half the team scoring 60 or less most weeks.

Is Weitering a top 6-8 player?

Not yet, but who knows, he could well end up being a top 6-8 scorer this year. I can see him being in our highest 6-8 SC scorers some weeks and pull out a 30-50 other weeks.
His JS is unquestionable which makes him an attractive proposition in itself.

His JS is unquestionable which makes him an attractive proposition in itself.

For sure. I was the first or at least one of the first here to to have him in my team even before NAB. JS and class. He might even end up in my "complete" team as bench cover, because I like seeing him in my team.:)

For sure. I was the first or at least one of the first here to to have him in my team even before NAB. JS and class. He might even end up in my "complete" team as bench cover, because I like seeing him in my team.:)
Did you watch "Carlton: The Journey" last night on fox footy? They showed some footage from Carlton's draftee camp and he came across as a very intelligent and well spoken young man. Future captain of the club.

Did you watch "Carlton: The Journey" last night on fox footy? They showed some footage from Carlton's draftee camp and he came across as a very intelligent and well spoken young man. Future captain of the club.
Good show, I found it interesting.

BB will be a ripper IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good show, I found it interesting.

BB will be a ripper IMO.
Absolutely top class, demands respect but also gives it out in spades to the players that deserve it. I loved how he urged the players to not just sit on their arses on their days off and to actually do something useful.

I have Optus Fetch. :$ Came free with my Internet/Phone package.:rainbow:

I'll check the Carlton site, they'll probably have it on there.

I have Optus Fetch. :$ Came free with my Internet/Phone package.:rainbow:

I'll check the Carlton site, they'll probably have it on there.
Was a really interesting insight into the club during the off-season. Was too short though (only 30 minutes).

Absolutely top class, demands respect but also gives it out in spades to the players that deserve it. I loved how he urged the players to not just sit on their arses on their days off and to actually do something useful.
He has a teaching background and it shows. Seems likeable and someone players will play for.

Weitering impressive future leader.

If this ends up anything like the similar documentary that the Bulldogs made last year (which looks likely), there will be a drip-release of footage online throughout the year and a compilation available on DVD at the end of the year.

It might be the same beginning (humble), but my tip is that it won't have the same ending (finals) ;)

Just watched it now on the Blues website. I found myself wishing that I had a Brendan Bolton as a mentor, life role model when I was between 17-21. I have no doubt after watching the video that he will bring out the best in our list over the course of his tenure at the club.

Just watched it now on the Blues website. I found myself wishing that I had a Brendan Bolton as a mentor, life role model when I was between 17-21. I have no doubt after watching the video that he will bring out the best in our list over the course of his tenure at the club.

Don't think you guys could have found someone better to turn Carlton around. Depending on Clarkos longevity it might turn out to be a greater loss to us than any other player or staff member we have lost in the last few years.

No wonder hawks won so many premierships, what a coaching team they have/had.

+1, From JS and Scoring Output ill have Mills.

Take a read of this article on the Herald Sun few senior players asked about their Supercoach picks for 2016.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...l/news-story/8b233dac1bdc2a639a8c99ff3d54274f

Charlie Curnow, Callum Mills, Brent Maccafer, Jade Gresham and Christian Petracca all mentioned. Im more intrested in Jayden Hunt ($123,900 Fwd) and Darcy Byrne-Jones ($123,900 Def) who were tipped as smokies for R1 by Brad Ebert and Jack Watts.. :rolleyes:.
Byrne-Jones has showed a bit in the NAB cup but he is still a long way down in the pecking order to get a game. Having Krakouer out suspended helps his cause though.

Port would need to have a bad run with injuries before DBJ gets a run. Clurey is out injured at the moment and he would get a spot ahead of DBJ once he is fully fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back