2016 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Byrne-Jones has showed a bit in the NAB cup but he is still a long way down in the pecking order to get a game. Having Krakouer out suspended helps his cause though.

Port would need to have a bad run with injuries before DBJ gets a run. Clurey is out injured at the moment and he would get a spot ahead of DBJ once he is fully fit.
+1

Don't think you guys could have found someone better to turn Carlton around. Depending on Clarkos longevity it might turn out to be a greater loss to us than any other player or staff member we have lost in the last few years.
We know they're coming.........

What is the JS of Lincoln McCarthy and Tom Papley like? I feel like if McCarthy is named he will play a few rounds and then be replaced
They have the JS of most rookie-priced players. Most are only one or two bad games from heading for the reserves, not to be seen again for a month or two.

What is the JS of Lincoln McCarthy and Tom Papley like? I feel like if McCarthy is named he will play a few rounds and then be replaced
McCarthy has a very good chance to play a lot. I think he'll be a great rookie this year.
Papley on the other hand is a long shot. May be elevated and play round 1 but he'll probably be the first to go for McVeigh, Reid and McGlynn.

Jade Gresham... anyone have any info on him?
Likely to start and play a decent role for the team?

I'm gunna be shameless and just put a list out there. Obviously I don't expect one person to answer them all (feel free to if you want to), guys who support the clubs these kids play for are probably best to comment. I wanna know job security/round 1 start likelihood and whether or not these guys are on the senior list or rookie list.

Tom Ruggles
Marcus Adams
Kieran Collins
Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti
Jade Gresham
Dean Gore
Nic Newman
George Hewett
Ryan Davis
Jonathan Beech
Darcy MacPherson
Adam Marcon
Ben Keays
James Polkinghorne
Nathan Freeman
Christian Petracca
Tom Keough
Jarred Jansen
Nick Kommer
Blake Hardwick
Tom Papley
Andrew Galluci

I'm gunna be shameless and just put a list out there. Obviously I don't expect one person to answer them all (feel free to if you want to), guys who support the clubs these kids play for are probably best to comment. I wanna know job security/round 1 start likelihood and whether or not these guys are on the senior list or rookie list.

Tom Ruggles
Marcus Adams
Kieran Collins
Jade Gresham
Dean Gore
Nic Newman
George Hewett
Ryan Davis
Jonathan Beech
Darcy MacPherson
Adam Marcon
Ben Keays
James Polkinghorne
Nathan Freeman
Christian Petracca
Tom Keough
Jarred Jansen
Nick Kommer
Blake Hardwick
Tom Papley
Andrew Galluci
Ruggles - Iffy, needs to be upgraded
Adams - better chance than Collins
Collins - see Adams
Tipungwuti - should be upgraded next week and named round 1, to much to like about him
Gresham - some say JS is iffy, i would pick him but start him on bench
Gore - see Gresham
Newman - needs to be upgraded, JS is iffy when McVeigh comes back in
Hewett - cant see a spot for him in Swans mid
Davis - should and will get upgraded and play round 1
Beech - cant see it happening when he didnt play a NAB game
MacPherson - was solid in NAB 1, but Davis beat him to the elevation
Marcon - NO, they upgraded Castagna
Keays - probs better now Mathieson is out for 6, last picked, first dropped IMO
Polkinghorne - wont play round 1, bit iffy, didnt do much at Brisbane
Freeman - if he can get his body right, great downgrade target mid season
Petracca - see Freeman
Keough - see MacPherson
Jansen - see Keays
Kommer - Spud of the highest level, yes if you want cover, no if you want starting rookie
Hardwick - may play 3 or 4 games, not enough to get good cash generation, PASS
Papley - see Newman
Gallucci - PASS, Blues upgraded Byrne

I wanna know whether or not these guys are on the senior list or rookie list.

Tom Ruggles
Marcus Adams
Kieran Collins
Jade Gresham
Dean Gore
Nic Newman
George Hewett
Ryan Davis
Jonathan Beech
Darcy MacPherson
Adam Marcon
Ben Keays
James Polkinghorne
Nathan Freeman
Christian Petracca
Tom Keough
Jarred Jansen
Nick Kommer
Blake Hardwick
Tom Papley
Andrew Galluci
I can confirm all of the players listed are on the senior list or rookie list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Ruggles
Marcus Adams - coach has told him he would debut R1 after NAB2, locked
Kieran Collins - unlikely for R1, may be an emergency in early rounds as he was in NAB3
Jade Gresham
Dean Gore
Nic Newman
George Hewett
Ryan Davis
Jonathan Beech
Darcy MacPherson
Adam Marcon
Ben Keays
James Polkinghorne
Nathan Freeman
Christian Petracca
Tom Keough
Jarred Jansen
Nick Kommer
Blake Hardwick
Tom Papley
Andrew Galluci

Both Bulldog players above are already on the senior list.

Technically not a rookie, but rookie priced, Tom Lee from St. Kilda. Any saints supporters think he's any chance to play some games this year, particularly early on? I noticed that he was bog in a VFL practice match last weekend, so I presume he may be close. It's mentioned that he took some good intercept marks in the backline which sounds promising from a SC point of view, given his price. Pretty risky pick but I'm desperate for some back rookies to put their hands up :)

Played 1 NAB match for a 73 from 93 minutes played.

Technically not a rookie, but rookie priced, Tom Lee from St. Kilda. Any saints supporters think he's any chance to play some games this year, particularly early on? I noticed that he was bog in a VFL practice match last weekend, so I presume he may be close. It's mentioned that he took some good intercept marks in the backline which sounds promising from a SC point of view, given his price. Pretty risky pick but I'm desperate for some back rookies to put their hands up :)

Saints played as close as they could to their round 1 team in NAB 3 - Lee didnt play

No issues with his scoring. Just JS. I'm bullish. Once he is in he will see a few games but not sure when we will start him!

No issues with his scoring. Just JS. I'm bullish. Once he is in he will see a few games but not sure when we will start him!

Cheers - let's hope you're right :) He has been around for a bit (25 y.o), so I'm hoping as you are, that he takes his chance early on in particular.

Saints played as close as they could to their round 1 team in NAB 3 - Lee didnt play

and Jack Watts took 11 marks playing out of the forward line.

Saints undersized down back, one of Delaney/Goddard/Lee has to come in.

Hewett & Newman named to play NEAFL in weekend, Papley not.

Interesting. Was really hopeful of Hewett playing R1.
Probally just one more go at it to earn a spot. I wouldn't look into it too much mate. He might still play.

I think and hope he plays round one. Adds a different dimension to our backline and can score decent enough to make you cash, you probably wouldn't want him on your field though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back