2016 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having less cash generation this year is implies that finding mid price keepers is gonna be more important than the last couple of years. This may finally be the year that GnR is the inferior strategy. Especially as other than Petracca there don't appear to be many rookies other than those starting who are applying pressure for spots. Basically we are all going to be relying on injuries for our second generation of cash cows.

Its going to be an interesting year.

Having less cash generation this year is implies that finding mid price keepers is gonna be more important than the last couple of years. This may finally be the year that GnR is the inferior strategy. Especially as other than Petracca there don't appear to be many rookies other than those starting who are applying pressure for spots. Basically we are all going to be relying on injuries for our second generation of cash cows.

Like you said I'm sure a few rookies will spring up once the season starts and injuries occur. Currently though I find myself spending top dollar to get the rookies with the highest job security and even they could well be dropped or score horribly. In fact I can't remember a year when the NAB cup has unearthed fewer rookies than this year. Crazy. That said, I love the challenge so I can't wait for this season to start, its going to be a ripper.

And with less rotations/interchanges there should be plenty of injuries to give the rookies a chance.

If we are relying on injuries for the second crop of cows the teams with the top premos will score well.
Loading up on midpricers robs your team of the top premos and their scores. Yes your midpricers will score more than the rookies but it's balanced out by the lack of super premos in your side, then you have to remember that midpricers often are inconsistent scorers as well.

Maybe starting with as many high scoring premos as possible will give you a more finished team as the midpriced madness teams struggle with sideways trades and less cash generation from starting with less rookies (if that's possible).

I'm going guns and rookies. I think the guns will hold their average or even take a few points off the top, especially late in games when CD do their points scaling.
Guys like GAJ, Danger, Fyfe, Gray who go forward and kick goals will score very well.
Guys like Rocky, Priddis, Neale maybe not so much but still average 105+ with more time on the ground.

A midpriced team full of guys who are in nowhere land price wise, and with-in their teams best 22 might prove to be the most risky structure this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cannot think of a past example where a non-playing R1 rookie selection on the bench has paid off - it's a recipe for disaster. Anyone think of one?
Lambert.

And with less rotations/interchanges there should be plenty of injuries to give the rookies a chance.

If we are relying on injuries for the second crop of cows the teams with the top premos will score well.
Loading up on midpricers robs your team of the top premos and their scores. Yes your midpricers will score more than the rookies but it's balanced out by the lack of super premos in your side, then you have to remember that midpricers often are inconsistent scorers as well.

Maybe starting with as many high scoring premos as possible will give you a more finished team as the midpriced madness teams struggle with sideways trades and less cash generation from starting with less rookies (if that's possible).

I'm going guns and rookies. I think the guns will hold their average or even take a few points off the top, especially late in games when CD do their points scaling.
Guys like GAJ, Danger, Fyfe, Gray who go forward and kick goals will score very well.
Guys like Rocky, Priddis, Neale maybe not so much but still average 105+ with more time on the ground.

A midpriced team full of guys who are in nowhere land price wise, and with-in their teams best 22 might prove to be the most risky structure this year.
A good midprice on baller is worth it but not key position players like lonergan tree trunk legs spud;)

I cannot think of a past example where a non-playing R1 rookie selection on the bench has paid off - it's a recipe for disaster. Anyone think of one?

I started with Krakour last year, opting out of a few forward rookies, Lambert, Nelson and Salem. Footywire appears to have crashed so I can't look this up, but I think by Round 4 or Round 5 he was on the bubble.

It saved me a trade as I didn't need to bring him in, and from memory, he scored quite well in his pre-bubble games.

So who is everyone using for Round 1 loop?

All the popular R/F spuds appear to be playing early in round.
MKing is the best ruck/fwd loophole option for the year, despite playing early Saturday in both round 1 and 2

Dusty my only option in round 1. Yes, I know his record vs the Blues is trash, but I can only hope for the best

MKing is the best ruck/fwd loophole option for the year, despite playing early Saturday in both round 1 and 2

Dusty my only option in round 1. Yes, I know his record vs the Blues is trash, but I can only hope for the best
Wrong thread i know, but loopholes wont be needed round 1, if GAJ plays, there is absolutely no need for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back