List Mgmt. 2016 Trade, Draft and free agency news (no hypothetical trades)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about it, the more Vickery stands out as a free agent target.

I think Vickery would be a good get. Can take a big mark and isn't a bad kick. Will prosper playing for the Hawks. If he has been above average at Richmond, then imagine what he could do for us.

Have to stay away from Zak Clarke, I get to see him a lot over here and he is a very very average footballer, even me calling him a footballer is taking the p@ss. Do not want.

Witts would be a good get, as would James Stewart from GWS, comes from not too far from Waverley aswell I think.

Last edited:
Vickery is between us and the blues. Wouldn't cost more than 400k I reckon. He is better than Witts and Vardy is unreliable.
But lets not get sidetracked from the real problem. ..2 inside mids that will cost somewhere in between 1.1 to 1.3 mill per season! Unless Hodge or Burgoyne hang up the boots I cant see it happening.

Maybe we don't need to talk about lawyers and people's opinions on them in here. I'm sure we have some as supporters who don't need to have their career choice bagged by anonymous keyboard warriors on a forum.

We may have another crack at a ruckman we attempted to get in seasons passed. I am talking Billy Longer who hasn't had a clear run at 2016 due to shoulder surgery and concussion in June. He signed a 2 year extension with Lewis Pearce this year but it looks like StKilda like to run with the one ruck in Hickey.

At only 24 the former 1st round pick would be ideal in sharing the ruck role with Big Boy. Given he has hardly played in 2016 we could get him for a second rounder, thoughts?

As free agents go I see a lot of potential in Vickery, Mayne and Clarke

In 2015 Vickery had the second best hitout to advantage of any player averaging more then 50 hitouts. Plays Forward and Ruck? would this be the worst thing to have in a player? Ranked 15th for goals per game last season (No silver service at Richmond) and had the 2nd best kick rating of any player in the AFL. If the price is right I would back the development staff to get the best out of him. A fresh start can do wonders.....

Not Mayne as we already have plenty of third tall forwards in Gunner, Burton and Sicily. We need a big contested marking forward as much as we need an inside mid.

Whered u get that kick rating? For 2015 zac clarke actually had the best rating for key fwds, (and ceglar one of he worst for rucks btw). Id be happy for both as they wont cost any and we only need 1 to work out
6ff9608dfcb91f70d6be99f31645b52f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kick rating in front of goal.

Apologies I should have been more specific.

Tory Dickson was number 1.

Spot on for Zac Clarke, he was elite for kick rating and also score assists, unfortunately he is a terrible offensive target. He had the third worst winning percentage of any player in one on one contests. He is also below average for ruck contest, that being said when he did win ruck contests he was the 2nd best hit-out to advantage rate of any player that played more then 10 games.

Last edited:
Please no Vickery, please please please...I couldn't bare reading posts trying to talk him up and say he isn't playing so bad, and he actually is a good bloke, Clarko loves him blah blah. Take Clarke from Freo, Longer if he isn't too ass hurt by us, Wayde Skipper is free most days in the week. There is a kid at Vermont who is getting some attention too.

Not Mayne as we already have plenty of third tall forwards in Gunner, Burton and Sicily. We need a big contested marking forward as much as we need an inside mid.
Mayne looked alright as a backman when he was thrown there a few times this season

What's Shem doing these days?

How would he have fared in the mix if he had of stayed on the list? A pinch hitting ruckman, wrecking ball, widowmaking enforcer on our forward line. Would have been handy at BH given the we pillaged those stocks, but could he have been called up to the 1sts at any stage?

What's Shem doing these days?

How would he have fared in the mix if he had of stayed on the list? A pinch hitting ruckman, wrecking ball, widowmaking enforcer on our forward line. Would have been handy at BH given the we pillaged those stocks, but could he have been called up to the 1sts at any stage?

I really would have loved to have found out. If he could have built his tank and got more feel for the game he would have been great to watch. He had a knack for the game i reckon, more than just a big ball of power rugby style.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe people on here are throwing up zac Clarke as a possible inclusion he is a absolute Spud. His knees are shot has the heart of pea worse then vickery and has lost all his speed and ability to jump . Will be spewing If we ended up with some one like him or even vickery if he was going to be getting something like 400k a season. He's barely strung 2 good games together his whole career

For those saying no to Vickery or Clarke who would you pick up as a ruck or forward/ruck type player for next year.

It's easy to bah suggestions when you don't have to out a name out there

For those saying no to Vickery or Clarke who would you pick up as a ruck or forward/ruck type player for next year.

You wouldn't trade for Vickery, but because he is a free agent, he comes into calculations

You wouldn't trade for Clarke, because he is cooked, so why bother with the suggestions?
Ahh, that's right, because "Dash" suggested it, and the sheep follow!

Vardy is another we are looking at, but injury prone, but gee if he could overcome his injuries, is exactly what we need. Massive IF though!

Lobb? No chance

Billy Longer? would need a trade, not cheap, average ruck/poor forward

Witts? :eek:

Maybe scrape the bottom of the barrel and get Lowden back!

Not much out there, but if Fitzpatrick can get a list spot, anything is possible

You wouldn't trade for Vickery, but because he is a free agent, he comes into calculations

You wouldn't trade for Clarke, because he is cooked, so why bother with the suggestions?
Ahh, that's right, because "Dash" suggested it, and the sheep follow!

Vardy is another we are looking at, but injury prone, but gee if he could overcome his injuries, is exactly what we need. Massive IF though!

Lobb? No chance

Billy Longer? would need a trade, not cheap, average ruck/poor forward

Witts? :eek:

Maybe scrape the bottom of the barrel and get Lowden back!

Not much out there, but if Fitzpatrick can get a list spot, anything is possible
Sorry did you have any actual suggestions? That would you know be better than Clarke or Vickery and gettable.

out of the 3 suggested I'd probably prefer vardy if we were to target one mainly because he can actually play when he is fit but will he ever will get a good run at it is a different story. I'm not sure any of the guys suggested would provide much more then pittonet and Fitzpatrick . I would love us to throw the kitchen sink at lobb but he is gws or wa

Sorry did you have any actual suggestions? That would you know be better than Clarke or Vickery and gettable.
I'd chase Vardy

Wouldn't cost much salary or trade wise
Has informed Geelong he is out
Massive potential to be that marking option in attack, with bursts in the ruck

Young enough to grow with the next wave of Hawks

If we are interested as stated in the papers, we must believe we can get him up and going

I know probably no-one else will agree because of his injury history, but to me he is the one I'd take

I'd chase Vardy

Wouldn't cost much salary or trade wise
Has informed Geelong he is out
Massive potential to be that marking option in attack, with bursts in the ruck

Young enough to grow with the next wave of Hawks

If we are interested as stated in the papers, we must believe we can get him up and going

I know probably no-one else will agree because of his injury history, but to me he is the one I'd take
If Russell and Monky ticked it off sure. Durable big men are hard to find and the role kind of needs it so it would be risky

What about lobe from port might be out of favour when ryder returns
Coming back from a PCL doesn't seem to work well as part of a ruck tandem, looked great as the solo option in 2014 but was he a product of that season dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back