List Mgmt. 2016 Trade, Draft and free agency news (no hypothetical trades)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about it 14 and the Hill pick is surely enough for O'Meara and a late pick back.

Gold Coast pretty much gave up Harley Bennell with pick 22 for pick 16 and pick 21(this years). (was originally less but there was a late trade that may have been linked to this trade).
Both probably have similar ceilings both have risks. Bennell with his attitude but he played 30 games in the 2 years prior.
Thanks for posting this Nick.
I too think that's a far & equitable deal as well.
I feel all these 'experts' who think Hill is only worth a 2nd or early 3rd pick is laughable!
FFS the guy was pick 33 & has since played in 3 flags. He's best football is too in front of him. I feel the club's minimum for Brad should be a late 1st rd or early 2nd at the latest!
Problem with Hawthorn is we're too accommodating & like to get deals done quickly & efficiently! Other clubs should take notice.
Yes I too recall Bennell as the next big thing as well & those above picks were enough to snaffle him.
The freo compo pick for Mayne which we get from Hill & our first pick this year is adequate to get them 2 players of reasonable quality that they want!
Jacked off we all these rumors we have to give up Bruest, Sicily etc. Media worry about getting all your little facts correct ok.

Excuse me..?

You seem to know more about him than anyone else on here

Just to try and respectfully bring some semblance of balance to these threads - im pretty sure the TradeWhisperer account is run by one of the AFL.com guys and not a teenager. I think his name is Nick Bowen?

I don't think he necessarily makes anything up, but I do think the nature of the business is that people might throw him a morsel of info but because its a fickle time it wont always eventuate if that makes sense.

/fairbumpplayon

Not that it really matters tbh, but I have to disagree. If you read their news feed its impossible to make all that up surely? At the very least you could see how most of their tweets have some logical element of truth to them. Whether there is merit in it or not who could really know.

04f899ed65ad1de258595b5506533200.jpg

If you check out Bowen's feed its mostly trade related so it would make sense.

Again, its only semantics and who really cares at the end of the day but I wouldnt be super quick to dismiss everything they tweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back