2016 Trade/FA discussion (no hypothetical trades)

Remove this Banner Ad

So thoughts are that we will drop down the draft order to number 3.. Are we a chance to still get Hugh Mccluggage? Will essendon pass on him at 1?

I think that's who we will get but would much rather Will Brodie. We have Zorko and Taylor who are the Ainsworth type. Brodie a 189cm big body mid to help out rocky, beams, mathieson, rich. Thoughts ?
I like Brodie and if we make the deal to get in 3 i think we need to push as hard as possible to try get another pick in the top 6 because he would be exactly what we need.

I think with Hawthorn's history they'll back themselves to get the best out of him regardless of bung legs. Wasn't Burgoyne's body cooked when he went there?

any one have any idea whats taking so long with the Frost trade surely it is straight forward pick 59 for him done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

any one have any idea whats taking so long with the Frost trade surely it is straight forward pick 59 for him done.
More likely to be our late third rounder - currently pick 51.

It's kind of dawned on me that after all of this we could end up with, wait for it, exactly what we have now, Rockliff and Hanley still on our list and the picks we have currently. I know there's a week to go but you never know. :'(

It's kind of dawned on me that after all of this we could end up with, wait for it, exactly what we have now, Rockliff and Hanley still on our list and the picks we have currently. I know there's a week to go but you never know. :'(
Id be ok with pick 8 for Hanley and pick 19. Surely that's will get it done.

Only 4 list spots with Smith and Frost coming on the list. Maybe we move someone to the rookie list and maybe Green goes. 6 spots, maybe 2 academy picks leaves only 4 live picks.

Hanley and 19 for 8 is still a good deal. 2 8 23 30 (ball park) picks to use in the draft. Maybe still try trade pick 2 to gws if they are still keen. Maybe 2 and 30 for 3 and 16.

3 8 16 23 would be a good draft. 2 or 3 makes no difference IF Ainsworth is the 1 we want. Still plenty of time and im sure everything will change another 2 times before the deals get done.

Hanley is definitely gone.... Rocky, the club want him out the door so we'll see. Hard to see either being at the club in 2017.

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 Trade/FA discussion (no hypothetical trades)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back