2016 Trade Hypotheticals (Opposition supporters post here)

Balls on the line, who you moving on......

• Rocky

Votes: 75 42.1%
  • Pearce

Votes: 82 46.1%
  • Rich

Votes: 21 11.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

i wouldn't say no to Reece Conca and/or Ben Lennon, both high draft picks, in the right age bracket and may just need to get out of Richmond. i would not involve our current pick 20 in the deal, need to take that to the draft IMO.

lions out- Josh Green and our current pick 28.
lions in- Reece Conca and Ben Lennon.

or straight swap Green for Lennon, he was very highly rated in his draft year and only recently turned 21.
Josh green to the Tigers can be our Todd banfield mark II:thumbsu:

Since we are possibly moving on more players such s Green I think we may have the list spaces available to acquire Conca. I wouldn't mind having a further look at what he can do. From memory he is a trier and tough at it kind of bloke which is something we are missing on our team currently. Pick 28ish I think would be a fair deal. Is a poorest trainer though which might explain why he has regressed. Hopefully a new environment gets the best out of him again.

Conca would be a good get. Battled injuries the last couple of years but showed a fair bit earlier on. Can play anywhere on the field. At worst a significant upgrade on lester/c.beams/bell at his best probably a poor mans Dane swan.

Conca would be a good get. Battled injuries the last couple of years but showed a fair bit earlier on. Can play anywhere on the field. At worst a significant upgrade on lester/c.beams/bell at his best probably a poor mans Dane swan.

I can't get over him running over to Devon smith and elbowing him in the head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could understand Greene - those accidents seem to follow him around, but not Smith. :(

images

You'd have to be confident about Conca's hamstrings. He's had repeated tears. When fit he is useful but durability is a big concern.

This. Strikes me as one of those players who will never reach their potential. And given he always appeared as a "good solid" type...

I just came to post a rumour i heard (unsure of reliability of the source so take it with a grain of salt) that was Jonas to Brisbane, Conca to Port, Brisbanes second rounder to Richmond

In what world is Tom Jonas worth pick 20?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In what world is Tom Jonas worth pick 20?!

Good key defenders who can also play on smalls don't grow on trees I'd say that pick 20 is around the mark.

I just came to post a rumour i heard (unsure of reliability of the source so take it with a grain of salt) that was Jonas to Brisbane, Conca to Port, Brisbanes second rounder to Richmond

You'd need to do better than Conca to get this deal done.

Good key defenders who can also play on smalls don't grow on trees I'd say that pick 20 is around the mark.

You'd need to do better than Conca to get this deal done.

Agreed but Jonas isn't a key defender. He's more of that mid sized defender who plays on smalls but who can play a bit taller for small periods of a game. Given we've got McStay, Gardiner, Paparone and Cutler who are all taller than him and can play the same role i doubt we'd be even close to paying that sort of price for another player of that ilk.

Tom Jonas is a 3rd round pick at best.

While pick 20 for Jonas simply wouldn't happen - Brisbane wouldn't do that, saying he's a third rounder at best is clearly wrong. He's a late second to mid third every day of the week.

As for the original three way trade, there's no way it would happen. Even if Brisbane decided to part with 20 for jonas, there's no way on earth port would send it to Richmond for Conca.

I really hope we don't go after Conca. His best is pretty ordinary. Not even Bastinac level. Hrovat from the bulldogs might be tempted given his lack of opportunity there. Don't expect he would cost much at the trade table either.

While pick 20 for Jonas simply wouldn't happen - Brisbane wouldn't do that, saying he's a third rounder at best is clearly wrong. He's a late second to mid third every day of the week.

As for the original three way trade, there's no way it would happen. Even if Brisbane decided to part with 20 for jonas, there's no way on earth port would send it to Richmond for Conca.

To us he's worth a late third rounder at best.

Given our past two trades (Aish and Beams) have ended up completely in our favour, I think it is time we gave the Lions a leg up. So with that in mind the Pies will be prepared to take your third round pick for Jarrod Witts. You get a ruckman who could by 2018 be the second best (behind Grundy of course) in the competition. We get to use a pick in the late 30s to uncover a gem (probably from Queensland, think Beams, Oxley, Smith).

You know it makes sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 Trade Hypotheticals (Opposition supporters post here)

Back