2016 Trade Hypotheticals (Opposition supporters post here)

Balls on the line, who you moving on......

• Rocky

Votes: 75 42.1%
  • Pearce

Votes: 82 46.1%
  • Rich

Votes: 21 11.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Fairy tale trades:
- Rockliff + #2 + #20 for #4, #6 & #8. Use 4 & 6 to get Ainsworth and McGrath.
- Sign the Brown brothers for experience.
- Trade #28 for McKenzie.
- Trade #8 & Green for Steele & 16
- Throw money at Enright or Boyd.
- Trade Gardiner for Majak Daw.
- PP for StKilda's second round + Holmes
- StKilda's second round for Allison
- #16 for best available mid

IN: Nathan Brown, Mitch Brown, McKenzie, Enright/Boyd, Majak Daw, Holmes, Allison
OUT: Rockliff, Green, Gardiner, #28, #2, PP
DRAFT: Ainsworth, McGrath, Allison, #16 best mid

Would having both the brown brothers and McKenzie maybe be a little overkill on the key back pos?

Probably well overs hearing from others.
A first rounder (10) plus a Lee or Holmes or Lonie more realistic

Wasn't Lonie looking really good at one point?

Wasn't Lonie looking really good at one point?
Our supporters seem to rate him higher than I thought he ever was.
He is talented, finds the ball and can kick goals but his size 173 70kg
Leaves him struggling to tackle which we do in our style. Minchington went past him.

Our supporters seem to rate him higher than I thought he ever was.
He is talented, finds the ball and can kick goals but his size 173 70kg
Leaves him struggling to tackle which we do in our style. Minchington went past him.

Ah ok, fair enough. Much appreciated mate!

Probably well overs hearing from others.
A first rounder (10) plus a Lee or Holmes or Lonie more realistic

Too late, locked in now. I've printed it and mailed it to your list manager.

I can assure you they won't be cut

Viney, Hogan, Mcdonald and your first for Rockliff, Watts, West, Merritt, Hanley, Beasley, McGrath and Mcguinness?

I can assure you they won't be cut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can saints trade their first rounder this year as they traded last years for Carlisle?

Really good question

I THINK it's just a rule you apply to the trading of future picks? Dlanod will probably know the exact ruling, haha

Really good question

I THINK it's just a rule you apply to the trading of future picks? Dlanod will probably know the exact ruling, haha
I just did some research.. Must make 2 selections in the 1st round in a 4 year window.. This can include trading in a first rounder also. I don't think many teams will be limited by this rule aside from collingwood and Geelong at present

I just did some research.. Must make 2 selections in the 1st round in a 4 year window.. This can include trading in a first rounder also. I don't think many teams will be limited by this rule aside from collingwood and Geelong at present
They traded back into the first round last year, and selected Jade Gresham. So they've got no restrictions on what they can trade this year as far as I know. Except for their second rounder which we already have.

Can saints trade their first rounder this year as they traded last years for Carlisle?

Really good question

They traded back into the first round last year, and selected Jade Gresham. So they've got no restrictions on what they can trade this year as far as I know. Except for their second rounder which we already have.

EIGHT clubs will be able to trade its future first-round draft picks this season safe in the knowledge it has already fulfilled the AFL requirement to make two first-round draft picks in any four-year period.

It gives Adelaide, the Brisbane Lions, Carlton, Essendon, Gold Coast, Greater Western Sydney, Hawthorn and Melbourne flexibility as it enters the trade market in October to trade first-round draft picks.

Geelong and Collingwood did not have a first-round draft pick in 2016 and will not have one in their hands when they enter the 2016 trade period either, having used a future first-round draft pick last year to secure Lachie Henderson from Carlton and Adam Treloar from Greater Western Sydney.

The two clubs will have to make two first-round draft picks before the end of 2018, potentially limiting their immediate options at the trade table this season unless they can trade their way back into the first round.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-12/the-futurepick-puzzle

I don't get why St Kilda isn't in the list of clubs able to trade future first round picks because, as L Dizz said, they brought in Gresham last year, plus McCartin and Goddard the year before.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-12/the-futurepick-puzzle

I don't get why St Kilda isn't in the list of clubs able to trade future first round picks because, as L Dizz said, they brought in Gresham last year, plus McCartin and Goddard the year before.

Isn't that article just saying that 8 teams have already fulfilled their quota for the 4 year period by taking two picks in the first round last year? They're not saying St Kilda can't they're just saying they're one of the teams that hasn't satisfied the 4 year rule as they only took 1 first round pick last year.

Another interesting side affect of the academy bidding system. Despite the fact that we technically only used 1 first round pick last year AFL.com are counting it as two, given we took hipwood in the first round, but not with a first round pick. Wonder if that is the way its being counted by the afl or not as well? A little wiggle room there that may come in handy.

Isn't that article just saying that 8 teams have already fulfilled their quota for the 4 year period by taking two picks in the first round last year? They're not saying St Kilda can't they're just saying they're one of the teams that hasn't satisfied the 4 year rule as they only took 1 first round pick last year.

Another interesting side affect of the academy bidding system. Despite the fact that we technically only used 1 first round pick last year AFL.com are counting it as two, given we took hipwood in the first round, but not with a first round pick. Wonder if that is the way its being counted by the afl or not as well? A little wiggle room there that may come in handy.

Fair enough, that makes sense. The way I was reading the key point was "EIGHT clubs will be allowed to trade its future first-round draft picks this season", but the key point should be read as "EIGHT clubs will be able to trade its future first-round draft picks this season safe in the knowledge it has already fulfilled the AFL requirement to make two first-round draft picks in any four-year period."

Wait, what? It's unmodified.

I could have sworn when i went to quote it it said something else, not the Petracca and Mccartin part. I think when they brought in future trading last year the whole 4 year period stated afresh but could be me misunderstanding or making that up in my head. Both equally plausible.

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 Trade Hypotheticals (Opposition supporters post here)

Back