2016 Trade Hypotheticals (Opposition supporters post here)

Balls on the line, who you moving on......

• Rocky

Votes: 75 42.1%
  • Pearce

Votes: 82 46.1%
  • Rich

Votes: 21 11.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I am trading Lewy Taylor and Josh Green. Our under 180cm players are Christensen and Zorko. That is is. Taylor and Green are to go.

Green to Melbourne for Jack Grimes

Taylor to Saints for Tom Lee

No chance in the ****ing world, Grimes is a free agent so you can get him for free, and we do not need a Green...

Cant believe the high handed crap people dish out to our younger players on this board...now its Gardiners turn! What do you think Rance was doing at the same stage ? Apart from the problems of being played carrying injuries, and having to cover for a pathetic midfield and non existent leadership division....its a wonder its not the GH 25 by now !

It's truly disgusting how different people have different opinions on players and dare to express them! I hereby declare it to cease now, and will immediately ban anyone who disagrees with any of my opinions!

No chance in the ******* world, Grimes is a free agent so you can get him for free, and we do not need a Green...
Dont worry he was already hounded down for that haha. Grimes could come for free. Greens value has dropped this season. Was looking ok until this year. Melbourne dont need a green. Not sure who he will go to.

It's truly disgusting how different people have different opinions on players and dare to express them! I hereby declare it to cease now, and will immediately ban anyone who disagrees with any of my opinions!
Difference between denigration and genuine ,commentary,especially where young players,and debut players are concerned ...immoderate .

Difference between denigration and genuine ,commentary,especially where young players,and debut players are concerned ...immoderate .

Given the comments of both the post you quoted and the post he quoted, I'm struggling to find any denigration or immoderate comments.

2016 Off-Season

Major List problems:
*Lack of 1st round talent
*Lack off players that run both ways or apply any defensive pressure
*Quality key talls and running half backs
*Quality young ruckmen
*Mature AFL ready body that can win contested ball

Trade 1
Adeliade:
Josh Green
Brisbane: Cam Ellis Yolmen

Trade 2
Geelong:
Lewis Taylor, 2017 4th Round Pick
Brisbane: Pick 33, 38

Trade 3 - Three-way trade
St Kilda:
Caleb Marchbank, Jack Steele
Brisbane: Pick 8-10 (St Kilda), Pick 7, 15, 17 , 53 (GWS)
GWS: Pick 2, 20, 28, 2017 3rd Round Pick (Brisbane), 33, 38 (Geelong - Lewis Taylor)

IN:
1. Pick 7: Ben Ainsworth or Andrew McGrath or Jack Scrimshaw
2. Pick 10: Daniel Venables
3. Pick 15: Josh Rotham
4. Pick 17: Tim English
5. Pick 47 + 53: Jacob Allison
6. Pick 56: Declan Watson
7. Cam Ellis Yolmen

OUT:
1. Daniel Merrett
2. Trent West
3. Justin Clarke
4. Josh McGuinness
5. Josh Watts
6. Josh Green
7. Lewis Taylor

2016 Off-Season

Major List problems:
*Quality young ruckmen

Trade 1
Adeliade:
Josh Green

Trade 2
Geelong:

St Kilda:
GWS: Pick 2, 20, 28, 2017 3rd Round Pick (Brisbane), 33, 38 (Geelong - Lewis Taylor)

IN:
7. Cam Ellis Yolmen

OUT:
1. Daniel Merrett
2. Trent West
3. Justin Clarke
4. Josh McGuinness
5. Josh Watts
6. Josh Green
7. Lewis Taylor
don't mind the look of that, love venables and ainsworth as ins. how about we get a little bolder and trade out one of rocky/pearce and a swaping around of later pciks so we can get in one of McGluggage/SPS/Brodie/McGrath as well?

don't mind the look of that, love venables and ainsworth as ins. how about we get a little bolder and trade out one of rocky/pearce and a swaping around of later pciks so we can get in one of McGluggage/SPS/Brodie/McGrath as well?
If you want to get one of those players then I guess you trade out Rocky or Hanley, but I reckon we can't afford to lose any of our senior players. Hence this is the best strategy I can come up with where we retain our senior group and also bring in elite talent through the doors. I do understand why you would want to trade Rocky or Hanley for one of those player you listed.:thumbsu:

2016 Off-Season

Major List problems:
*Quality young ruckmen

Trade 1
Adeliade:
Josh Green

Trade 2
Geelong:

St Kilda:

IN:
7. Cam Ellis Yolmen

OUT:
1. Daniel Merrett
2. Trent West
3. Justin Clarke
4. Josh McGuinness
5. Josh Watts
6. Josh Green
7. Lewis Taylor

Not bad I must admit. Would like to think we would still end up with a top 5 pick though

Of all the teams that need a small forward Adelaide is not one of them. Green would be the 4th or 5th best small forward in that side

Also that's not a 3 way trade, it's two separate trades really. The media lives to string them together but for a 3 way trade something of ours would have to go to the saints

2016 Off-Season

Major List problems:
*Quality young ruckmen

Trade 1
Adeliade:
Josh Green

Trade 2
Geelong:

St Kilda:

IN:
7. Cam Ellis Yolmen

OUT:
1. Daniel Merrett
2. Trent West
3. Justin Clarke
4. Josh McGuinness
5. Josh Watts
6. Josh Green
7. Lewis Taylor

This is seriously good - the best and most reasonable I have seen yet. None of this trade Rocky/Hanley shit. With not a great deal of difference between the top 10-12 picks, getting Ainsworth and English would be great.
Wonder if Tomlinson could be used in the monster trade???

I think this is a tough one with McStay, if we keep Gardiner he becomes a little less required with the talls we already have. He has to play back but If we get an experienced defender as we are chasing and in need of, then one of the current guys goes out. Maybe if McStay has a lot of currency (and he might since he can play either end) it is worth a look. If Gardiner goes though then we shouldn't even think about trading McStay at all

I'd love for McStay to become a 200 game Brent Staker type player for us, with a bit more x-factor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade Hypotheticals

1. Picks 2 & 20 (points 3429) for picks 5 & 8 (GC) (points 3429) - points exactly the same.
Trade L. Taylor to Geel for picks 33 & 2017 2nd rounder
On-trade picks 27 & 33 (points 1266) to GC for picks 22 & 41 (points 1257)
Draft picks: 5, 8, 22, 41, 47, 56, ..

OR

2. Picks 2 & 27 (points 3220) to GWS for Tomlinson and picks 7 & 17 (points 2669) - Basically getting Tomlinson for 551 pts (pick 34).
Then on-trade 17 & 47 (points 1341) to NTH for Green, picks 11 and 29 (points 1942).
Draft picks: 7, 11, 20, 29, 33, 56, ..

Trade Hypotheticals

1. Picks 2 & 20 (points 3429) for picks 5 & 8 (GC) (points 3429) - points exactly the same.

OR

2. Picks 2 & 27 (points 3220) to GWS for Tomlinson and picks 7 & 17 (points 2669) - Basically getting Tomlinson for 551 pts (pick 34).
Then on-trade 17 & 47 (points 1341) to NTH for Green, picks 11 and 29 (points 1942).
So we would give up 11, 29 for 17, 47 and green from Bris?

I don't care how we get him through the trade period, I really want SPS in lions colors next year
yep the risk if we trade out our pick 2 is we give up on SPS who is likely to go in the top 3. while this years draft is very even i still see a group of 3-4 as the standout non-academy players ie.Brodie, Petrevski-Seton, McGluggage and maybe Ainsworth. although some phantom drafters have SPS around the 4-9 range in their rankings.

Trade Hypotheticals

OR

To nab a player like Tomlinson (doubt he'd be on the table, but we can always hope) and still have #7, #11, #20, #29, #33, #56...that's a good position to be in. #7 could nab a McGrath/Ainsworth (or SPS if he slid but that'd be a very slim chance), and #11 could pick up another one of those guys who you could throw a blanket over from #5 onwards to #15. #20 could get us Parfitt/Witherden/Simpkin.

Unlikely now that Rolls or Allison will get picked early, so we could have three live picks before any academy matching takes place.

Any hey if the rumours are true and Rocky goes for #9 + later picks/steak knives St.K player, then pushing back into the top 5-8 could be an option with a package deal of #11 + player wanting to leave and/or #29/33 and try and get back into the top 5-8. Ultimately leaving us with #7, #9 and #?0-8? in the top 10 and still a pick of #20 to nab a quality player of the likes of Parfitt/Witherden/Simpkin etc etc. Plus surplus later picks to cover academy bids.

This draft is looking tremendously good for the first 15-20 picks or so and I believe this could very well be a super-draft of sorts in years to come.

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 Trade Hypotheticals (Opposition supporters post here)

Back