Game Day 2017 2nd QF v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nervous AF.

We lack mercurial attacking ability with only Danger the bloke who could pull a goal out his ass... by stupidly dropping Menzel. It has "chappy the sub" all over it and Scott has fu*ked up again with this decision. There is no justifying it, we are a weaker team without Menzel and I can't be bothered going further into this, I think the reasons are obvious.

Anyway, we need to be switched on from the opening bounce .. which is unlike us after byes of late. If we are switched on and quell the crowd a bit, we should be ok with our setups slowing them down.

First Goal: Hawkins
Last Goal: Mackie
Most Touches: Dangerfield
Most Goals: Hawkins
Most Marks: Henderson
Most Tackles: S Selwood
Most Composure: Duncan

Geelong by 17

Im not confident but put it this way, if we start well and get a little lead and take the crowd out of it i reckon the tigers might panic a bit, there is so much pressure on them to perform after all the media attention and cockiness and if they fall behind it could all fall apart, in saying that if we start slow then I expect Richmond to be up by 5 goals at quarter time, they will bring manic pressure and we have crumbled under that In the past, we need to hit them and hit them hard from the first bounce, relentless, no stopping.

Nervous AF.

We lack mercurial attacking ability with only Danger the bloke who could pull a goal out his ass... by stupidly dropping Menzel. It has "chappy the sub" all over it and Scott has fu*ked up again with this decision. There is no justifying it, we are a weaker team without Menzel and I can't be bothered going further into this, I think the reasons are obvious.

Anyway, we need to be switched on from the opening bounce .. which is unlike us after byes of late. If we are switched on and quell the crowd a bit, we should be ok with our setups slowing them down.
We don't know what's been happening in the club. Menzel has been managed all year with bad knees and on a wet MCG against a team that can only be beaten with pressure, this might have been a call that was made to stop us being exposed. I trust the club did the right thing. They have more information than us. Maybe I'll start questioning it if we get rolled, but at least Menzel will be fresh for the next game, which - either way - will be a knockout final.

Nervous AF.

CS doesn't make the selection decisions on his own. Finals rely on team pressure - Menzel is the worst pressure forward in the comp. I'll back in MC here.

The last time we played them at the MCG we were 35 points down and came back to win - however Richmond's lead was built on some incredibly stagnant play by us, the insistence to bomb the ball on Hawkins' head all game and some fluky luck by them... I clearly remember one piece of play where Lonergan and Henderson both fumbled badly close to goal which allowed Shaun ****** Hampson to snap a goal over his shoulder.

We ended with 66 inside-50s to 39 and in the last quarter we finally moved the ball with speed and purpose.

I hope we have looked at the learnings of that game, and also the recent Collingwood game where we squeezed them for three quarters after their fast start.

Five key points:

- We MUST start well and hit the scoreboard. If we are close or in front at 3/4 I am 99% certain we will win. The concern is if we allow them to get 20 points up early on, which will have their fans up and about and the players pumped.

- Don't mind if Dusty plays a spectacular game because I expect Dangerfield to at least match his efforts. What we need is for Scooter to put the clamps on Cotchin (held him to 20 possessions and little influence last time). Cotchin's finals failures are well documented and Scooter needs to get in his head. Martin can't win the game for them on his own.

- We have a significant advantage in the air and need to force their mids to kick long inside 50 where Lonergan, Henderson, Mackie and co will have a field day.

- With Menzel out, Motlop simply needs to have an impact tonight. He split the last game v Richmond open a few times with 70-80m plays and pinpoint delivery inside 50m. We need more of the same.

- I expect Rance will go to Hawkins instead of Taylor. I quite like the idea of using Taylor as a decoy and isolating Hawkins and Rance one on one as much as possible. Rance is a great player but I think he's vulnerable one on one especially against someone with as much strength as Hawk.

In regards to the bolded, kicking 2.11 to 9.2 over the middle two quarters didn't help either (in fact, we kicked 8.20 to 10.2 after quarter time that day), neither did kicking 4 straight behinds at the start of the 3rd quarter last time we played this mob. As I said in another thread, we have our kicking boots on tonight, it will be a blow-out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the team tonight goes in as named there will be 4 changes from round 21.

IN: Selwood, Hawkins, Duncan, Blicavs

OUT: Menzel, Stanley, Simpson, Thurlow

Richmond will have two changes.

IN: Graham, Townsend

OUT: Soldo, C. Ellis

Actually, the INs for Richmond are
IN: Graham, Townsend, Caddy
OUT: Soldo, Corey Ellis

Richmond have one extra player tonight.

Actually, the INs for Richmond are
IN: Graham, Townsend, Caddy
OUT: Soldo, Corey Ellis

Caddy played against us, the fact he was injured early is irrelevant to your changes tonight.

Mat-Nicholls1-270x300.jpg

I've been in bed with the flu all week (which might explain some of my more surreal posts), but I'm off my death bed to witness a strong contest from the Cats.

Please let us be the Adelaide Crows to their insipid GWS.
Hope you're recovering from ManFlu, an amazing effort to survive frggr ;)

I'm watching the Adelaide -v- GWS game atm - only Q1 though + Giants have missed goals. So yeah, really hope our Boyz rise to the occasion tonight, they just love the blockbuster games + I really hope we anihilate the Tigers.

Giants seem shell shocked last night, wonder if Tigers will be rabbits in the headlights tonight?

I've also been wondering this morning, prompted by posts, about the width issue of the MCG for Geelong? At KP Geelong squeezes opponents. Cats are practising at Deakin Uni Oval, aren't they, to familiarise the players with similar MCG width? If Cats can play fast, congested footy, disallowing Tigers to find space, it will be one key to winning.

Zac Smith is going to be vital for us tonight.
Smith -v- Nankervis
Hit Outs 31.3 -v- 24.1
Effective Disposals 10.7 -v- 8.9
Clearances 4.1 -v- 2.9
Score Involvements 4.4 -v- 4.1

Just a quick reminder...Id actually like to watch the game tonight...

so ...

Keep the Baiting and trolling out of it. Wont be tolerated and bans will be issued.

#letDazwatch :D

Go Catters

oh.. and lets smoke these feral large tigger thingys...

Need Bews, Kolo, Murda, Guthrie, Scooter to just do their jobs.

PFD, Hawk, Sel, HT and Stewart.... get it done....

Richmond has made two changes to its round 21 team, Caddy was named in both round 21 and tonight. Where's the confusion?

I'm not confused. Caddy was injured in the opening minutes, he's practically an in for them tonight regardless of what the team sheet says.

Nervous AF.

Just wait for the final team sheets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back