Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Noah Balta

• Aiden Bonar

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Played a pretty good game against us once so everyone faps over him. Has been really underwhelming IMO. Wouldn't give up pick 5 either.
Well, we're definitely going to draft a bust then because there's very little chance they'd be a better player than Jack Martin

He was.. was released into the middle more when Barlow went down. Probably a 60(fwd)-40(mid) spilt. The guy has loads of talent IMO, but sometimes can look laconic and is still pretty light on in the frame which may never change tbh. He's a brilliant mark for his size and stature and dead eye dick which would be nice for a change. If we are going mid with pick 5, i would rather Martin than the options we'll have.. but happy to stick with 5 and go KPP.

If we think we can get orielly next year we will trade our 5 pick to get a second pick and naughton. If we don't think we can get orielly next year we get brander.
That would work brilliantly. Just need his old man to announce that he is having tests for cancer around this time next year, but his family is rallying around him. He doesn't know what he would do without them.

Pick 5 for pick 9 and acres? If we truly are taking naughton he will most likely be there at 9
No way. Acres is not in the class of talent required to downgrade a top 5 pick.

Based on what Bondy or Lloyd (whoever said it) on radio the other day, we are "happy" with our KPD stocks. Don't think we will take Naughton unless Salim gets on the recruiting team before then.

Based on what Bondy or Lloyd (whoever said it) on radio the other day, we are "happy" with our KPD stocks. Don't think we will take Naughton unless Salim gets on the recruiting team before then.
Alright well naughton aside i still think theres quality 4 picks down the order. I would like to see us get as much value as we possibly can just like last year.

Alright well naughton aside i still think theres quality 4 picks down the order. I would like to see us get as much value as we possibly can just like last year.
While I'd love us to get a deal like last year, that really was the perfect storm. Cam sitting out, us wanting Logue at 3 anyway and GWS being overloaded with picks to the point where they can afford to do trades heavily in the other teams favour just to rise up the order for a particular player. No other team has that luxury. It just wouldn't happen.

We hold 5 IMO (unless somebody awesome wants to come home) and find other ways of getting some picks.

It may be that our recruiters rate someone they think will slide to ~10 anyway. Or it may happen they think the top 5 are clear standouts. We don't know, but I think there are a few players it might be worth having 5 instead of 9 for.

I'll be happy with who ever they take but we all all have our preferences.:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we don't take Naughton I will watch his career very closely with whatever club picks him up, looks like a future Rance/Taylor, shame we didn't have more access to forwards in last year's draft.

We had access to the best key forward prospect in last year's draft in Todd Marshall - not sure how much more access we could have had.

We had access to the best key forward prospect in last year's draft in Todd Marshall - not sure how much more access we could have had.
I say access in the sense that it wasn't a 'tall heavy' draft, the fact that Marshall went at pick 16 pretty much says it all, no real Schache/McKay/Hipwood hulking KPF that we could have used our pick 8 on. In saying that I'm happy with Logue and think he'll develop nicely.

Todd slipped pretty hard last year. Started the year up high and was end of first round (ie where he was taken) by the end of the combine.

Be interesting to see if he ends up any good.

Geez Jaidyn Stephenson is impressive so quick, good field kicking, knows where the goals are and knows how to find it. Has a light frame but put a few kilos on him and he could be a beast mid/fwd, would love to use pick 5 on him only worry is he's a vic metro boy. They tend to want to go home.

Who is to say Wilson will even play for us if he comes back to WA and not Eagles? Why is he only being linked to us? I doubt the Peel connection is that strong. I know he's somewhat close with Bennell but he did grow up an Eagles supporter and Eagles need a player like him more than us. If it comes to it and GWS have to trade him out I think Eagles could offer them more and they'll do that and Wilson won't care.
Him and harley are best mates, and he was a freo* supporter growing up

Geez Jaidyn Stephenson is impressive so quick, good field kicking, knows where the goals are and knows how to find it. Has a light frame but put a few kilos on him and he could be a beast mid/fwd, would love to use pick 5 on him only worry is he's a vic metro boy. They tend to want to go home.
Stephenson (since recently) is my favourite prospect in this draft but I don't agree with this. His field kicking whenever I have seen it is average at best.

Also not worried by him being a Metro boy because all the recruiters etc speak highly of his character when asked.

Stephenson (since recently) is my favourite prospect in this draft but I don't agree with this. His field kicking whenever I have seen it is average at best.

Also not worried by him being a Metro boy because all the recruiters etc speak highly of his character when asked.
What would recruiters have said about Dangerfield character? Etc etc etc

Heaps of pressure put on players to return home, and it is now a fairly accepted occurrence. We aren't flaming Balic. Hawks don't boo Hill. Deals happen every season regardless of good character.

I hope where good character is most useful is in predraft interviews where someone is asked how they would feel about an interstate move. Straight, honest answers required.

Should we bother drafting Brander if we are getting O'Reilly next year? (Assuming no club is dumb enough to draft him)

We need to replace Mundy and now Balic.

My name is Dirty_banchez and that's my hot take.

Should we bother drafting Brander if we are getting O'Reilly next year? (Assuming no club is dumb enough to draft him)

We need to replace Mundy and now Balic.

My name is Dirty_banchez and that's my hot take.

For starters, we are not getting O'Rielly unless we draft him as per every other side in the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Live Event 2017 AFL Draft - #2, #5, #42, #60, #66, #70, #77, #80, #90

Back