Competitions 2017 Fantasy Football Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Clearly. I totally have him in my midfield at the moment and now I'm reconsidering.

His big scores are huge. But his bad ones are stinkers.

I prefer someone who regularly goes between 95 and 100 with the odd 120 than someone who goes 150 one week and 75 the next

hey guys, could someone please share with me the latest fantasy freako rave with all the JLT scores? was too late signing up this year and missed the email

Hi guys, interested in thoughts on Ben Long - is he likely to play this year and maybe string a few games together? Cheers

Suspended for the first two rounds but will play games as Richo is a fan from all accounts - worth a rookie downgrade in the first 6 rounds or so depending on when he debuts.

Hey dudes, can someone spitball on your midfield hierarchy list?

Where does Steele fit in? Could he start at bounces/ given significant responsibility

all the best Sainters.

Where does Steele fit in? Could he start at bounces/ given significant responsibility

all the best Sainters.
He won't start the year starting in the square for centre bounces, that'll be Hickey, Steven, Ross and 1 of Dunstan/Armitage. But he will definitely be in the rotations as that's his best position.

Might even force his way into the starting bounces if he continues his pre-season form before the end of the year.

So after being in my team from the very first day I registered, I've finally made the biggest decision I've had to make so far and that's to not start Gawn. 640k is just too much money for anyone who's not a proven elite ultra consistent midfielder (like Pendlebury). I can't see him holding that value all season. He will drop, especially after Hickey gives him another soak in the tub round 1 ;)

Too many question marks to start superstar rucks for mine this season, so going mid pricers with the aim to upgrade to the form ruckman when time comes. Extra money has obviously gone to bolster other positions.

This year is mid price delight.

So after being in my team from the very first day I registered, I've finally made the biggest decision I've had to make so far and that's to not start Gawn. 640k is just too much money for anyone who's not a proven elite ultra consistent midfielder (like Pendlebury). I can't see him holding that value all season. He will drop, especially after Hickey gives him another soak in the tub round 1 ;)

Too many question marks to start superstar rucks for mine this season, so going mid pricers with the aim to upgrade to the form ruckman when time comes. Extra money has obviously gone to bolster other positions.

This year is mid price delight.

If Spencer isn't named, you gotta go Gawn my man, he hits 150s on a regular basis

If Spencer isn't named, you gotta go Gawn my man, he hits 150s on a regular basis
I know what he's capable of, I just can't see him improving on last season though. He will fall in price, right now he's the second most expensive player lol. That's ridiculous. Give me Pendlebury, Selwood, Kennedy, Sloane etc etc ahead of him.

Even healthy Sandilands and Goldstein are capable of reaching his levels.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

all the best Sainters.

It's a tricky one, he looks likely to get games early based on how well he went in the preseason but he is likely to be having to push out Armo who was injured last year, Dunstan who also played a very good preseason and Koby Stevens who was brought in to lighten the load on the inside mids. Steven and Ross go in there automatically so to me It's -
Steven- hopefully freed up to use his pace to spread rather than having to win the ball first
Ross- plays more outside now though
Armo- inside pretty much purely
Dunstan- inside as Armo
Stevens/Steele- probably one spot for two players, Stevens more inside outside and forward, Steele inside and forward. Neither probably fast enough to be the pressure forward when not on ball though.

Just on this - are you expecting him to play much at senior level this year?

Yes I am - Richo loves his aggression as the ball and he will debut sooner than later. Whether he stays in the side will be up to him but he will debut within the first 6 rounds IMO. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a game in R3 or 4, ie straight into the side...I would still pick another rookie and then downgrade to him after the first rookie has made a bit of cash....well that is what I am going to do anyway!

Yes I am - Richo loves his aggression as the ball and he will debut sooner than later. Whether he stays in the side will be up to him but he will debut within the first 6 rounds IMO. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a game in R3 or 4, ie straight into the side...I would still pick another rookie and then downgrade to him after the first rookie has made a bit of cash....well that is what I am going to do anyway!

Thanks mate.

Was actually asking for a draft based game - we're into the 36th and final round of picks :)eek:) - and I wanted to take a bit of a smokey.

Have hopped on the bandwagon - hopefully he gets some game time!

Thanks mate.

Was actually asking for a draft based game - we're into the 36th and final round of picks :)eek:) - and I wanted to take a bit of a smokey.

Have hopped on the bandwagon - hopefully he gets some game time!
he's easily gonna play sometime this year, already better than wright IMO who gets a game, he should play 12+ games IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions 2017 Fantasy Football Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back