Preview 2017 First Elimination Final Ports vs West Coast Eagles, AKA The Perth Stadium Penguins

Remove this Banner Ad

We simply have to win this game (and I firmly believe we can). We are only 1 day into the fortnights break before the game and the drivel that we have to put up with here is amazing. 8 pages in the paper this morning, 15 minutes on the radio with Belly and Corb (ABC) on who looks like being their opponent in the 2nd week of the finals - all before getting to work.

Don't know how I'm going to get through.

Hope you guys don't mind me jumping into this thread but good luck for this game.

Don't give JK room to run into. If you get players to fill the empty space that wet toast creates then he won't get all the simple uncontested marks. Same with McGovern at the other end.

That said, they play like turkeys away from Subi with their tame umps, so I'm really hoping for you guys to get up

Hope you guys don't mind me jumping into this thread but good luck for this game.

Don't give JK room to run into. If you get players to fill the empty space that wet toast creates then he won't get all the simple uncontested marks. Same with McGovern at the other end.

That said, they play like turkeys away from Subi with their tame umps, so I'm really hoping for you guys to get up

Adelaide Oval is their home away from home though :(

I'll be livid if Kenny hasn't learnt from our previous encounters vs them at AO. We have a poor record here for some reason.

We simply have to win this game (and I firmly believe we can). We are only 1 day into the fortnights break before the game and the drivel that we have to put up with here is amazing. 8 pages in the paper this morning, 15 minutes on the radio with Belly and Corb (ABC) on who looks like being their opponent in the 2nd week of the finals - all before getting to work.

We are SA's equivalent to the Chicago White Sox. The South-Siders are shamelessly treated as a lower club compared to the Cubs. It is ridiculous.

To be fair I am already lining up accommodation in Sydney for when we play (and beat) GWS

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Go Sox!*

*next year of course, we gave up on this year 25 games in

I haven't been introduced to cricket*, but I like baseball. I barrack for an AL Central club as well, but not the Sox...
IMG_5752.jpg

*Actually, a kind of two-a-side cricket is a very popular game in Brazil. Its name varies regionally, but it is essentially the same everywhere.
0000018919.jpg

17841670.jpg

In where I live, we call it "Taco-Bola" (Bat-Ball) or, simply, "Taco" (Bat).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't been introduced to cricket*, but I like baseball. I barrack for an AL Central club as well, but not the Sox...
IMG_5752.jpg

*Actually, a kind of two-a-side cricket is a very popular game in Brazil. It is name varies regionally, but it is essentially the same everywhere.
0000018919.jpg

17841670.jpg

In where I live, we call it "Taco-Bola" (Bat-Ball) or, simply, "Taco" (Bat).
Wow that does look very cricket-like.

Yeah I love my baseball, once went to chicago to tour Comiskey Park and got there and they told me they don't do tours. I said oh I've come from Australia and was hoping to have a look (as we'd only just bombed out in the regular season I missed seeing them in a playoff), so the admin girl asked for some help and I got a private look around the stadium, went out onto the pitch, sat in the dug out and went into the changerooms. Was bloody awesome!

Don't listen to the radio. I haven't since they took the Goon Show off. Although from what you're saying it sounds like it may still be on.

- Chad disposing of Waters
- Motlop, Salopek, Megahead kicking goals
- Motlop's mark on the siren
- Shepherd by Tredrea
- Chainsaw by the Hoff

• The last second Hawthorn win.
• The last second Geelong win.
• Scott Lucas kicking 7 in the last quarter against WCE in Sheedy's last game for Essendon to tank their %
• The bee's penis WCE win.
• North Northing.

It all fell into place, didn't it...

Will be my second ever AFL final, although the Richmond elimination final in 2014 almost didn't feel like one because of how the game panned out :drunk::drunk: but the build up and game day atmosphere at the ground before the first bounce was just electrifying.

Forget about our top-8 record, forget about the coaching dilemmas and forget about everything that's happened in this season passed. It's finals football, and I just can't wait.

I was on a plane for the Suns game and it now appears I'll be traveling while this game is on as well.
Disappointed I won't get to see the game as it happens as I think it should be a good game.
Hopefully we can shut down or at least restrict their tall forwards.
I enjoy watching Kennedy - except when he plays us!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I missed the Richmond 2014 final due to work but I'll be home for this one. Hoping for a fully charged atmosphere to help our boys out. Should be revved up and ready to rock.

Nic Nat won't play http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-28/nic-nat-likely-to-return-if-eagles-make-deep-run

Surprised McGovern hasn't been talked about. Not listed as injured on the AFL.com match report but he took a big knock to the shoulder and was in major discomfort. Was not even bending over to pick up the ball at contests, just toeing it on for a team mate. I'd be testing it out early on.

O.k Nic Nat has as mutch chance of playing as Ben Cousins has of listening to minor threat and painting a x on his arm.

Broadbent over Bonner, i wouldnt but they might.

If they do id like to see Broadbent in the guts feal we are a mid short.

- Shepherd by Tredrea
- Chainsaw by the Hoff

but does westhoff have shoulders yet?

- Shepherd by Tredrea
- Chainsaw by the Hoff

I don't remember it being that close!

Didn't we beat them by a hundred during the season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2017 First Elimination Final Ports vs West Coast Eagles, AKA The Perth Stadium Penguins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back