Mega Thread 2017 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That flog crumpet face on 6pr this morning reckons Harley looks disinterested playing for Peel and won't make his debut with Freo this year.

I would say he is probably very frsutrated because the club wont allow him to leave the goal square.

That flog crumpet face on 6pr this morning reckons Harley looks disinterested playing for Peel and won't make his debut with Freo this year.
He's not wrong about the second part. I doubt the gaol, since his WAFL return, has been for him to play in the ones. He is just coming from too far back. Get through the WAFL season play finals then build for next year.

Yeah it doesn't really make a lot of sense to stretch him by playing him in the ones this year. Let him jog around for Peel to get back into it and get another preseason in before testing it out fully.

I heard that call too and posted this in the Peel thread.

"Crumpet Face just reported that Harley Bennell was verbally abused and trashed talked all game which seemed to effect his game. I know the Swans crowd is renowned for being feral out there, or was he talking about the Swans players?"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard that call too and posted this in the Peel thread.

"Crumpet Face just reported that Harley Bennell was verbally abused and trashed talked all game which seemed to effect his game. I know the Swans crowd is renowned for being feral out there, or was he talking about the Swans players?"

He's got to get over that shit, happens to a lot of players @ wafl level.
Richardson from Claremont gets hammered by swans supporters.

This is just as bad as Fyfe being robbed of the Brownlow in 2014, no way that should have gotten a week...

Danger should be filthy

Always thought he was in trouble as soon as he pinned both arms. It then becomes his responsibility to not allow contact from the players head with the ground.

But probably will get it over turned on appeal - he is certainly a worthy winner of the Brownlow if he gets off.

I just can't see any force or desire to hurt in that tackle, can't even make out a second motion in it, just looks like one slow tackle without much force.
That's not the rule though and nor should it be. You have to protect the head because you can't barter with trauma. It doesn't stop causing damage because you didn't mean it.

That's not the rule though and nor should it be. You have to protect the head because you can't barter with trauma. It doesn't stop causing damage because you didn't mean it.
I cant see any force in the tackle though, it would at most be low impact but I would call it negligible

I just can't see any force or desire to hurt in that tackle, can't even make out a second motion in it, just looks like one slow tackle without much force.

He drove Kreuzer's head into the ground long after he got rid of the ball. In wrestling terms, it was almost like a DDT. All similar tackles this season where both arms have been pinned and the player has been knocked out or concussed have resulted in suspensions. People are only now up in arms because it is Dangerfield.

Whether you agree the action is worthy of a ban or not is irrelevant. There is precedent and there would have been much outrage that he got off because he is the Brownlow favourite. Part of me thinks direction came from the AFL to make sure there was a ban to avoid the shit storm they had after the Houli incident.

I cant see any force in the tackle though, it would at most be low impact but I would call it negligible

He drove Kreuzer's head into the ground long after he got rid of the ball. In wrestling terms, it was almost like a DDT. All similar tackles this season where both arms have been pinned and the player has been knocked out or concussed have resulted in suspensions. People are only now up in arms because it is Dangerfield.

Whether you agree the action is worthy of a ban or not is irrelevant. There is precedent and there would have been much outrage that he got off because he is the Brownlow favourite. Part of me thinks direction came from the AFL to make sure there was a ban to avoid the shit storm they had after the Houli incident.
100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back