Mega Thread 2017 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He drove Kreuzer's head into the ground long after he got rid of the ball. In wrestling terms, it was almost like a DDT. All similar tackles this season where both arms have been pinned and the player has been knocked out or concussed have resulted in suspensions. People are only now up in arms because it is Dangerfield.

Whether you agree the action is worthy of a ban or not is irrelevant. There is precedent and there would have been much outrage that he got off because he is the Brownlow favourite. Part of me thinks direction came from the AFL to make sure there was a ban to avoid the shit storm they had after the Houli incident.
I keep watching the footage and just can't see this driving motion, it all comes in one slow movement and Kreuzer goes to ground, it is genuinely different from others like McCarthy, Waite, and Stevens where there is a 2 movement motion and seemingly alot of force applied. Dangers looks like very little force and a one motion movement

There is precedent and there would have been much outrage that he got off because he is the Brownlow favourite.
I agree with what you've said but isn't this the only system in the world where precedent is inadmissible??
ie inconsistency is embedded in the system:rolleyes:

Mark Duffield has come up with the brilliant idea of resting Darcy for a week and playing Taberner as the primary ruckman. How much do these media guys get paid for what they write?

Mark Duffield has come up with the brilliant idea of resting Darcy for a week and playing Taberner as the primary ruckman. How much do these media guys get paid for what they write?
Well at least it'll get us a better draft pick

Taberner and Cox would be the worst ruck combination in the history of the AFL. Could be the first time a team would get less than 10 ruck knocks over a game. Nothing wrong with Griff's form in the WAFL, he gets the gig when Darcy needs a rest.

Would have rather played on saturday night Mayweather McGregor fight is on that day i believe
The footy starts at 11.10am Perth time.
The fight's undercard starts at 12.00 noon Perth time and will drag on for several hours.
No way they clash.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thewest saying Crozier 2y deal not far off being done. News on Tucker re-signing next please.
This is good. I think someone mentioned the Tucker one was in the works in another thread.

Looks good so far. Obviously Balic is sad but if we swap him for Mountford it might work out ok. Declan has looked decent when I have seen him this year.

Mutton Chops Foster laying the boots into his West Coast.

Comment: West Coast might have a 'pulse' but the buzzards are circling

West Coast can still make the top 8, but with two out of its three remaining games against sides currently sitting on top of the ladder it would require a Jon Snow-style resurrection from the dead for the Eagles to take part in September.

But there is no Red Witch lingering in the shadows to breathe life back into West Coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back