Mega Thread 2017 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to hear what Ross has to say about it even if I missed it live I would be interested in the podcast.
Ross has to say about what? Hardie's comments?

If the comments were fabricated I think he is well within his rights to refuse to deal with them. I am sure if they(Brad) want to apologise he would reconsider. Ross always happy to give a 2nd chance.

Holding them to account for fabricating stories is 100% what anyone should do when it happens. Otherwise they just keep doing it.

Ross has to say about what? Hardie's comments?

If the comments were fabricated I think he is well within his rights to refuse to deal with them. I am sure if they(Brad) want to apologise he would reconsider. Ross always happy to give a 2nd chance.

Holding them to account for fabricating stories is 100% what anyone should do when it happens. Otherwise they just keep doing it.
Ross has not given 6pr an interview in a long time.
Not only since the Hardie accusations.
I feel its a cop out he does not go on there since a lot of Western Australian sport fans would listen to it even if on podcast.

Ross has not given 6pr an interview in a long time.
Not only since the Hardie accusations.
I feel its a cop out he does not go on there since a lot of Western Australian sport fans would listen to it even if on podcast.
Wait, so if he hasn't been on in a long time does that mean the last time was before we got flogged twice in a row? At that time we were tracking ok if I am not mistaken, so what is he copping out on? He gives two press conferences a week, appears on Ch7 once per week and gives the odd radio and TV appearance. I think that is a reasonable media presence.

Would I like more as a fan? Of course but I understand there has to be a limit. For the record I listen to everything (even 6PR) if it is Docker related and I am in QLD.

Don't think you will see him on 6PR until they apologise and if they stand by their words (ala Gerard Whately) then you might never hear him on there again. That blood is on their hands.

I hear what you are saying don't get me wrong but if I was Ross in the situation he was in atm, I would be looking for any avenue to calm the bewilderment and disbelief of Freo fans right now.
That's fair enough. Well I don't think it will be on 6PR.

Not sure what Ross can say really that he hasn't already. I think the tipping point is real because we haven't been getting enough out of our senior players so we can't effectively carry the young players.

They get behind, heads drop, stop trying and get flogged. I honestly think that is all it was. Against Sydney they never thought they could win (like against Crows) so their heads were never in it to start with, don't try and get flogged.

That is the issue I would be working on, sell the belief they can compete. They showed it against GWS and Geelong but couldn't carry that to the last two games for whatever reason. That is the only long term issue I had from the last two games.

I had a listen to 6PR tonight. Darcy Tucker was on.

They also play these little snippets of Hackdorn to let you know he can be heard daily on their breakfast show.

End of last week there was a clip of him saying Mark LeCras hadn't been named in WC squad to play GWS and - Watch out next week for a farewell game against Adelaide after he announces his retirement.

Tonight I heard him say Le Cras will play on next year and is about to sign a one year deal.

He says these things with such an absolute indubitable tone - its like one statement never had any bearing on the other.

I guess if you keep making contradictory predictions - one of them is going to end up being right and you can always be known as The Scoop!

That's fair enough. Well I don't think it will be on 6PR.

Not sure what Ross can say really that he hasn't already. I think the tipping point is real because we haven't been getting enough out of our senior players so we can't effectively carry the young players.

They get behind, heads drop, stop trying and get flogged. I honestly think that is all it was. Against Sydney they never thought they could win (like against Crows) so their heads were never in it to start with, don't try and get flogged.

That is the issue I would be working on, sell the belief they can compete. They showed it against GWS and Geelong but couldn't carry that to the last two games for whatever reason. That is the only long term issue I had from the last two games.

Agreed on the Sydney game, they never thought they could win. That's what frustrated me most in the Richmond game. We were ahead at quarter time and more than matching them in all areas. To then just stop, I'd love to know what the vibe was amongst the group at quarter time. Did they think they'd shown enough to prove they were moving forward as a team and that was enough?

I had a listen to 6PR tonight. Darcy Tucker was on.

Tucker say anything of note?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tucker say anything of note?

Well, I just watched the other press conference he did earlier today - and most of the same stuff came up again in the radio interview - although nobody quite as insincere as Barich to ask the questions (Karl must have had the night off).

Hase - himself a former representative, compared notes with Darcy about the Grand Final sprint.

Not many Fremantle supporters would listen to 6pr would they? Surely not. We're more intelligent than that.
Only did when Ross was on Sports Today.
From memory Ross seemed to stop appearing while Hackdorn was on the show.
I figured he was boycotting the show as a way of protesting hackdorns rubbish.
I thought he might come back when Hackdorn was moved to morning, but I quess not.

When Ross did make appearances both Hardie and Langdon lifted their game.
The only time I've tuned in to the cesspit of dross garglers.

The club promotes excellence and rejects mediocrity.
Will not have a senior presence on 6PR for years to come.

Which part of anything I have said, is wrong?

You don't see the inconsistency of saying Crozier should chase harder, but Fyfe gets a free pass? Bizarro World?
Did you have a really good look at the footage that On The Couch showed?

Fyfe ran to that position ... which placed him in the corridor ready for any Fremantle cross from the wing where the ball was still in contest. Fyfe regularly does this and it is part of Freo's new game plan. This strategy sets Fyfe up for a scoring involvement. Fyfe is the sort of player that makes the corridor cross out of the back half less risk because of his contested marking capability.
Meanwhile, Crozier starts off standing defensive side near Rioli (good) ball watching (in the centre square). Rioli reads the play and starts jogging forward. Crozier dawdles letting Rioli get 5-10 metres goalside in a forward attacking position and only starts running after Rioli when it is too late and Rioli enters the i50 to about 40m out and passes to Martin.
So who made the bigger mistake ... Fyfe or Crozier (remembering that Rioli would have most likely kicked the goal from 40m out if Martin wasn't there)? ... I know if I was coach who I would be more disgusted with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back