Mega Thread 2017 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hmm, think those boys may have overrated us going into 2017 if we get a 2-3 with 8 wins and Cartlon get a 4-5 with 6 wins.
I hear ya. Doubled the number of wins from 4 last year to 8 this year, however "they've gone backwards in 2017". And is it me or did Gary Lyon audibly sigh when asked for the positives in our season?

I hear ya. Doubled the number of wins from 4 last year to 8 this year, however "they've gone backwards in 2017". And is it me or did Gary Lyon audibly sigh when asked for the positives in our season?
Yeah he may have...

I don't mind Lyon to be honest but I have noticed that pretty much all of SEN know nothing about football outside of Victoria except maybe Sydney. Definitely do not have their hand on the pulse of our team that's for sure.

It reflects when they do things like this. No doubt all the Vic crowd nod and agree but all the other states are like WTF?? I'd be interested to here what other non-Vic fans think of their teams rating. I don't think it would be glowing.

The article was a lot better than the video. Trav has followed us through the year, knows more than 5 of our players and put more than 30 seconds into analysing the season.
I didn't read the article first time through. It is definitely better than the video but not perfect. Not sure Allen is the answer we are looking for either.

After the round 3 loss to West Coast last year, Lyon said “winning and losing” was his “fundamental philosophy.” Now it’s about “growth and possibility”.

Once a proud believer of “birth certificates go out the door” Lyon now explains away bad play with lines like “but that’s youth.”

I don't see anything wrong with that. Sounds like a guy adjusting his philosophies now he's faced with the reality of rebuilding a side for the first time.

I prefer people who have the self-awareness to amend their opinions when it's appropriate to those who stubbornly stick with their initial thoughts no matter what evidence is presented to them (see the latter a fair bit on bigfooty at times).

Trite Tripe with Pics.

Do it on any coach if you had nothing better to do.
More suitable for a comedy Roast than something purporting to be a sportsnews article;but that's the terrain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I prefer people who have the self-awareness to amend their opinions when it's appropriate to those who stubbornly stick with their initial thoughts no matter what evidence is presented to them (see the latter a fair bit on bigfooty at times).
Sounds like the way we try to bring the ball inside 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back