Club Mgmt. 2017 Membership Thread - 67,770 - Final Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like they're making a push to get to 70000.
5 game membership for the price of 3.
With 6 games to go that kind of deal is getting a crowd in the door as well. 4 home, 2 away, 5 in Melbourne (inc. 4 at Etihad which is more accessible for the northern train lines). You don't get the value out of the discount unless you go to more than 3 :p

Assuming that's home and away games?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just wondering how everyone goes with receiving birthday cards for their kids?

My daughter who's birthday is in october got hers in January and now my son's is late. Though I got a thing advertising the finals 2 days after we made it. Is it normal for the cards to be late?

My daughter who's birthday is in october got hers in January and now my son's is late. Though I got a thing advertising the finals 2 days after we made it. Is it normal for the cards to be late?
My eldest gets hers in the wrong month. Can't remember the youngest. Would your daughters birthday happen to be the first of the month? Just curious as the month my eldest gets it coincides with the day she was born in a different month.

my two got theirs on time.

Big boys are back in town.

http://www.roymorgan.com/findings/7345-roy-morgan-afl-supporter-ladder-2017-201709210118

"A rejuvenated Essendon were the most widely supported Victorian club with 671,000 supporters, an increase of 127,000 (+23.3%) on 2016 when Essendon had 18 of their players banned from taking part and “won” their first Wooden Spoon since 1933.

Traditional Victorian powerhouse Collingwood slipped to fourth on the supporter ladder with 663,000 supporters, losing 117,000 supporters (-11.6%), and falling below their traditional ANZAC Day rivals for the first time since 2007 after coach Nathan Buckley led the team to a fourth successive year without finals action.

Premiership drought-breakers the Western Bulldogs have far fewer supporters than their vanquished opponents with 247,000 – virtually unchanged on a year ago. The Bulldogs disappointing year on-field is clear evidence that Premiership hangovers after drought-breaking Flags is a real phenomenon – ala Hawthorn 2008-09, and look how Hawthorn bounced back from that unexpected slide down the ladder as Premiers."

upload_2017-9-21_15-17-6.png

Having said that, the club itself doesn't seem to be actively promoting the 'Bombers' nickname. The only things that really use "Bombers" are things that are consistent across all clubs that seem to follow a pattern of using nicknames (BomberTV, HawksTV, etc.), things that use the retro logo, and some of the kids clothes in the Bomber Shop have the nickname and logo on the front of a shirt next to a cartoon of the Ninja Turtles or Elmo.

Is our membership line still 1300 GO BOMB?

Someone said earlier that at some point they banned new teams from choosing an animal as their nickname? That's a bit silly :S If they said no more birds that'd probably be fair, but I don't see why we couldn't have Tas Devils, Tas Tigers (perhaps "Thylacines"), Crocodiles, Koalas... Koalas would be kind of funny for a Queensland based team - weren't the Brisbane Bears actually Koala "Bears"?

I used to play Inline hockey for a team called the "Northern Stars". The reason they ended up with that name was one of the founders was sick of teams named after animals

It might be but I've never seen it written that way. Always spelled out in numbers and I cbf checking whether the numbers correlate to that or not :p
They used to advertise it as 1300 GO BOMBERS
but only 6 letters are required

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Mgmt. 2017 Membership Thread - 67,770 - Final Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Back