NFL 2017 NFL Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Must admit I lost interest in Foster leading up to the draft because I didn't think the 49ers would take him at 2 and so would never land there....however, been looking through a lot of film since along side Patrick Willis' college tape and it is no disrespect to either player to draw the comparisons.
If he stays healthy (outside of his rookie campaign), it's not unreasonable to think you may have your next 10 year stud MLB. That goes a long way to helping transform a defence.

Derek Carr contract might be a humdinger as well.
I'd expect any new top 10 QB contracts to be in the region of $25+ million per year. You only have to have a look at the money that Cousins has got over the last two franchise deals ($20 million and then $24 million) to see what the average of the top QBs are getting paid.

Jay Cutler joining Fox Sports as an analyst.

Be interesting to see what enthusiasm he brings to this position.

Last edited:
DBs around the NFL collectively sigh in disappointment at the news.
I'm going to miss Jay.
12 regular season games as the Bears QB for a 2-10 record with 15 TDs and 22 INTs.

Same old Jay.

I'm going to miss Jay.
12 regular season games as the Bears QB for a 2-10 record with 15 TDs and 22 INTs.

Same old Jay.
Console yourself with the fact the Bears have a concrete statue and a 13 game college starter as the Bears QBs.

Console yourself with the fact the Bears have a concrete statue and a 13 game college starter as the Bears QBs.
This is true. Although it's highly unlikey he gets any game time this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to miss Jay.

Same old Jay.

and about another 50 he threw to a defender that was dropped.

I remember when we forced a 3 and out and all 3 were dropped INTs

What Rappaport is saying is that if Teddy Bridgewater is on the PUP list for the 1st 7 weeks of the season then it does not count as a season in a Contract sense and he and the Vikings have another season added to his contract at the 4th year rate ($1.8 million)

This was confirmed by

This is why the Vikings declined his 5th year option.

What Rappaport is saying is that if Teddy Bridgewater is on the PUP list for the 1st 7 weeks of the season then it does not count as a season in a Contract sense and he and the Vikings have another season added to his contract at the 4th year rate ($1.8 million)

This was confirmed by

This is why the Vikings declined his 5th year option.
So would the 5th year add another year or does the injury clause counteract that?

So would the 5th year add another year or does the injury clause counteract that?

Good question and I don't know the answer. There's a long way to go for Bridgewater's recovery, but it does look like the Vikings have reasonably cheap options to keep him on the roster until they finally know if he'll be able to play again.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Are the team owners collectively thumbing their noses at the Patriots?

Michael Floyd is still without a team, but that may not be the case for long.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the free-agent wideout who was last with the Patriots has been in conversations with the Vikings and others about a new contract. And Floyd hopes to have said new contract soon.

The timing of Floyd's new deal, whenever he gets one, will be key as far as the Patriots are concerned.

As Pro Football Talk points out, the compensatory pick formula only includes free agent signings (and departures) that happen by May 9. If Floyd does not put pen to paper before then, he won't factor into the 2018 compensatory pick formula -- either for the team he joins or the team he's left.

Just as a reminder: It's unclear exactly how the NFL's compensation pick formula works since the league does not make that information public, but we know the basics.

It's based on free agents lost and free agents acquired in a given year by a particular team. The level of those players is taken into consideration -- based on salary, playing time and other factors -- and then picks are issued to teams who have lost more (or better) free agents than they acquired.

If Floyd were to sign with a team before May 9, and if he were to play a significant percentage of snaps and perform at a relatively consistent level, then the Patriots would be entitled to a compensatory pick in 2018. If the Patriots acquired a free agent this offseason who performed at a level similar to Floyd's, then those two moves may cancel out in the comp pick formula.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2017 NFL Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back