NFL 2017 NFL Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Are the team owners collectively thumbing their noses at the Patriots?

I don't think so. It's in the Vikings best interests to wait so that the signing of Floyd doesn't effect their comp picks they may receive for Matt Kalil or Peterson etc.

Ravens are in a similar situation with Mangold and it's got nothing to do with the Jets.

I don't think so. It's in the Vikings best interests to wait so that the signing of Floyd doesn't effect their comp picks they may receive for Matt Kalil or Peterson etc.

Ravens are in a similar situation with Mangold and it's got nothing to do with the Jets.
I agree with you re: Floyd/Pats/Vikes but your other example is wrong.

Mangold was cut by the Jets so wouldn't factor into the Compensatory Pick formula regardless of when he would have signed with a team

I agree with you re: Floyd/Pats/Vikes but your other example is wrong.

Mangold was cut by the Jets so wouldn't factor into the Compensatory Pick formula regardless of when he would have signed with a team

Ahh ok I didn't realise Mangold was cut.

Geez my dynasty team takes a beating after investing in him....

It's a felony charge. Anderson was at the Rolling Loud music festival over the weekend. Other than that, little details are known. It's yet another off-field issue in a string of them for the Jets this offseason. As an UDFA rookie last season, Anderson posted a 42-587-2 line and is expected to take a step forward in year two. He's currently penciled in as one of the top-three wideouts.

Source: Slater Scoops
May 8 - 10:06 AM

Geez my dynasty team takes a beating after investing in him....

It's a felony charge. Anderson was at the Rolling Loud music festival over the weekend. Other than that, little details are known. It's yet another off-field issue in a string of them for the Jets this offseason. As an UDFA rookie last season, Anderson posted a 42-587-2 line and is expected to take a step forward in year two. He's currently penciled in as one of the top-three wideouts.

Source: Slater Scoops
May 8 - 10:06 AM

Jets WR Robby Anderson was arrested in Miami on Sunday and charged with resisting arrest with violence and obstruction of justice.

I'm going to miss Jay.
12 regular season games as the Bears QB for a 2-10 record with 15 TDs and 22 INTs.

Same old Jay.
Watching him work live and in the flesh was just glorious. Now we'll have to deal with a rookie, and knowing us, we'll let him torch us.

So Browns drafted a guy already enrolled in drug program....good thing they traded down to snare him.

But they won the draft, right fella's??

Last edited:
Ex-Redskins GM Scot McCloughan, speaking for the first time since his firing, said it "just wasn't meant to be" in Washington.

"I wish I could have been here longer to see it come to fruition, but I can't, so it is what it is," McCloughan said. "But still, I'm gonna pull for them. I don't have any grudge. It is what it is. Again, it's a marriage that didn't work. It's too bad what happened here, but it was mutual. And there's a lot of good people in this organization, from the ownership down throughout the whole building. It just didn't work out. I hate leaving there because I've got so many close friends, not just guys that I drafted but there's a lot of good people." Major props to McCloughan for taking the high road after multiple people inside the organization took shots at him as he was kicked out the door. McCloughan has since re-opened his scouting service and advised teams during the draft. He should land on his feet quickly and find a job back in the NFL in the near future.
Related: Redskins

Source: NFL.com
May 9 - 8:08 PM

The NFLPA has filed a grievance against the NFL alleging the league "conspired to violate collective bargaining agreement requirements on dispensing prescription painkillers."

The NFLPA alleges the league failed to "ensure compliance with 'all federal, state, local requirements, including all ethical rules ... and professional standards.'" The players are essentially saying teams handed out painkillers like candy, something that has hardly been a secret. It's unclear what the endgame might be.

Source: ESPN.com

Jets claimed WR KD Cannon off waivers from the 49ers.

The 49ers thought so little of Cannon they cut him eight days after handing out a $45,000 signing bonus, but the Jets are taking a chance on his lid-lifting speed. Even in talent-bereft New York, Cannon's best-case scenario is probably the practice squad.

Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter
May 9 - 4:46 PM

Jets claimed WR KD Cannon off waivers from the 49ers.

The 49ers thought so little of Cannon they cut him eight days after handing out a $45,000 signing bonus, but the Jets are taking a chance on his lid-lifting speed. Even in talent-bereft New York, Cannon's best-case scenario is probably the practice squad.

Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter
May 9 - 4:46 PM

I think he was cut 8 minutes into rookie training camp as least the Jets pick up the bulk of the contract now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really wanna know the reason why he was cut so quick. Gotta be a juicy reason

Did he turn up pissed or something?

My money is on a Charles Haley pissing on the coach's car type of action.

Either he pissed someone off as soon as he walked in the building or Shanahan realised he will never be a reliable route runner (as in didn't understand the basic route tree).

Third for Okung

Lol
looking at the 2016 comp picks Seattle also got a 3rd round for him.

a first round pick that has given 2 teams 3rd round picks when he left.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2017 NFL Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back