NFL 2017 NFL Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

No, it's on the HC

How is it on the coach when he has nothing to do with that side of the ball other than hiring people [If he even has that power] He isnt calling the plays or developing the QB's.

How is it on the coach when he has nothing to do with that side of the ball other than hiring people [If he even has that power] He isnt calling the plays or developing the QB's.

Clock management also involves defence. Plus you seriously think the HC would not have a say on offence? In the last few minutes? On 4th downs? If things aren't working out? You think Belichick had no say on offence in the early days?

Staggered to be replying tbh!!

the HC is the one who calls timeouts and makes decisions on whether to go for 4th downs or 2 point conversions.

The OC calls the offensive plays but if the HC wants to kill clock he will inform the OC of it.

Also, surely the HCs should be involved in the flipping of the coin?

Cam still typing posts like a dyslexic that's dabbed too much.

Disappointing for humanity really.
Imagine being so narcissistic that you decided to make your own language

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steelers third-round RB James Conner had his left arm in a sling following Sunday's practice.

Coach Mike Tomlin said Conner was dealing with a "shoulder injury of some description." At this point, there is no indication this is a serious injury, but it is notable with Le'Veon Bell holding out. With both Bell and Conner sidelined, Fitzgerald Toussaint is currently atop the depth chart.

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Only because the c**ts wouldnt sell shares to international fans. i know i tried to buy one, You can buy season tickets but not shares as an international fan.

donald-trump-wants-to-make-mexico-pay-for-a-wall-writes-proposal-on-it-vgtrn-body-image-1459870127-size_1000.jpg

Only about %2 of criminal cases go to trial, so it's not nearly as likely based on generalities. In this specific case, there's a lot of conflicting factors. High profile is probably bad for Conley, although his $$ to defend is going to make the DA wary, both because of the resource drain and the chance of a loss. Eyewitnesses seem to be mostly Conley's friends, that doesn't make a DA want to prosecute. He was never alone with the accuser? It might depend on whether she testifies and whether the grand jury finds her credible.

GG, I have not paid even one single second reading and/or following this one. Sorry mate.

Cuyahoga County is a different kind of animal...they run investigations in their own little way/manner. Ordinarily, there are specialized sex crimes assistant prosecutor(s) that handle those types of cases. I know in my time at the felony level (outside of Cuyahoga County) this would have been handled by our sex crimes assistant prosecutor and she would have closely coordinated with the police sex crimes unit. Evidence she would have looked at would include: rape kit (if any), eye witness accounts, statements of accused, video of interactions (if available), audio (if available), text messages, phone calls, etc...

When you get a high profile situation like this...pressure is often put to bear on the alleged victim by way of trying to get her to accept money and go away. That would not put an end to a criminal investigation but it puts a damper on it a lot of times.

Her credibility would be evaluated by the grand jurors....but if the assistant prosecutor (Ohio doesn't use term DA--we don't have districts) wants this to get indicted it will happen. Conviction is a whooooole other ball game.

I see Ol' Jimmy says winning is not the barometer and/or important this season. Great to know that the front office morons get another year of free reign to go 2-14, 3-13.:mad:

Thinks winning might be important in 2018 or 2019.:mad:

Not sure why he is holding himself under the gun like that...he can wait until 2029 the season after he relocates the team. :thumbsu:

I gotta stay away from this side of the Big Footy Board until after the Grand Final.....it isn't good for my health. :)

Ed Gallek of FOX 8 in Cleveland reports a grand jury has decided not to indict Raiders first-round pick Gareon Conley on sexual assault allegations made against Conley prior to April's draft.

The story against Conley always seemed flimsy, and the Raiders obviously agreed, making Conley the 24th overall pick just days after the allegations surfaced. Conley was a top-ten prospect both from a game-tape and measurables standpoint. The Raiders are expected to install Conley at slot corner in year one, where he'll play between LCB David Amerson and RCB Sean Smith.

Source: Ed Gallek on Twitter
Jul 31 - 4:53 PM

Fantasy alert

Tim Hightower took the first rep at running back at Monday's training camp practice.

It was reported over the weekend that Hightower has looked the "most comfortable" in coach Kyle Shanahan's outside-zone scheme, which isn't all that surprising after Hightower played for Shanahan in D.C. Perhaps the staff was rewarding Hightower for his strong first couple days of camp. Carlos Hyde was second up at running back Monday but proceeded to fumble on a pitch play shortly after coming on the field. This position battle is one of the most fascinating of summer.

Source: San Jose Mercury News
Jul 31 - 6:56 PM

Well that was random

Cam Robinson in the hot seat as the rookie becomes the default starter at left tackle. Pass protection could become a major issue for the Jags with RT Jermey Parnell considered a run blocker rather than pass protector.

Gee I hope Cam works out for the Jags ....for Blake's sake at least. Albert was a strange signing. Was signed but immediately held out from voluntary workouts and if some reports are to be believed, didn't even take calls from the Jags. All for a guy that hasn't played a full season in 6-7 years

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2017 NFL Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back