NFL 2017 NFL Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

the FG block rule is huge, now if you jump over the middle its a 15 yd penality if you go past the LoS not just making contact with the player
Defenseless receiver changer will piss LBs off. So many are going to get caught still doing it.
Cut blocks are going to get some players still. Some runs relied on them.
Touchbacks going to the 25yd line is in for another season while they gather more info.
2 unsportsmanlike fouls leading to ejection is now in for good, was just a 1 year test last season
refs told to call Roughing the passer on low contact more
Blindside blocks will now be a suspension on first offence.
Crackdown on Launching defenders

Julio is f**ked if they do start calling push offs again.

the FG block rule is huge, now if you jump over the middle its a 15 yd penality if you go past the LoS not just making contact with the player
Defenseless receiver changer will piss LBs off. So many are going to get caught still doing it.
Cut blocks are going to get some players still. Some runs relied on them.
Touchbacks going to the 25yd line is in for another season while they gather more info.
2 unsportsmanlike fouls leading to ejection is now in for good, was just a 1 year test last season
refs told to call Roughing the passer on low contact more
Blindside blocks will now be a suspension on first offence.
Crackdown on Launching defenders

Julio is f**ked if they do start calling push offs again.
15 yard penalty only if they jump over the middle past the LOS not coming off the side yes?

4th & 7 or more is definitely worth jumping the snap and risking the 5yd penalty because if you do time it there's no way you won't block it

Just don't want to make it too short or they could change their mind and go for it after the penalty
But you'll get called and the kick will be 5 yds closer

Is everyone ready for the worst quality game of the year tomorrow. Pre-season Week 0 with no starters dressed.

Honestly a HoF flag football game would be a better watch, and we would actually know the players names.

Also are we getting a new thread for pre-season games?

Lock up your daughters Ohio Zeke is in town, He might show the Raiders player how to get done for rape.

Turning scrub linebackers inside out...

Starting to warm to him, especially if we use him primarily as a receiver.

Kuechly's still concussed that's all.

Turning scrub linebackers inside out...

Starting to warm to him, especially if we use him primarily as a receiver.

F**k off, he's mine, I claimed him a few years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F**k off, he's mine, I claimed him a few years ago.

I like him as a receiver still not convinced he can be a starting rb tho. Use him like his old man or Ed or as a Julian Edelman and i think he could be very good for us.

I like him as a receiver still not convinced he can be a starting rb tho. Use him like his old man or Ed or as a Julian Edelman and i think he could be very good for us.

He is a better runner than most think, he can murder a D with his cut steps.

I do think that race plays against him because there hasnt been a good white RB for a long time, Just like Black pocket passing QB's have to deal with.

If the panthers use him like the Packers used Ty Montgomery last year with splitting him out and running a no huddle to prevent def substitutions, they will be hard to stop unless teams start playing more Safties at MLB. I know Green bay has been using Burnett at MLB in camp heaps this year.

Also I don't get this defeatist attidue from the NFC South. Same as last year with the Panthers. Weren't EAGER to play the rematch. Were saying it's unfair, should be left to mid season, etc. etc. (even players/coaches saying it). I remember in 2014 I wanted to play Seattle ASAP. Like seriously dirty at the SB performance and ready to go... but it's a different attitude here?? Must be an NFC South thing, and why they have 2 Super Bowl's combined for the whole div...
Probably just a Falcons/Panthers thing, the cream of the division don't know what it's like to lose a superbowl.

Richard Sherman gets to the heart of the Colin Kaepernick situation

Posted by Mike Florio on August 2, 2017, 9:33 PM EDT

459771512-e1501723844752.jpg

Getty Images

While fans may hate Colin Kaepernick because he didn’t stand for the national anthem in 2016, the NFL has shunned him for a fundamentally different reason. Indeed, plenty of other players didn’t stand for the anthem during the 2016 season, and most of them remain gainfully employed.

They remain gainfully employed because none of them became the name and face of the movement. Kaepernick did, and he’s the one paying for it with his career.

Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman has become the highest-profile player to recognize this hiding-in-plain-sight reality, in comments to Jarrett Bell of USA Today.

“What is it about?” Sherman said. “It’s not about football or color. It’s about, ‘Boy, stay in your place.’”

Bingo.

“Not a lot of guys are willing to step out there,” Sherman added. “So the guys not speaking up for him are doing him a disservice. There should be a lot more guys saying something. Most guys are like, ‘I don’t want my job to end up the same way.'”

Sherman told Bell that Kaepernick would have been a great fit in Seattle, but the Seahawks decided not to sign him. At least the Seahawks didn’t engage in an awkward, clumsy, slow-motion crowdsourcing exercise aimed at determining whether fans and sponsors would revolt before deciding whether to offer him a job.

“For you to say you have to check with sponsors and fans because this guy took a knee and made a statement?” Sherman said regarding the Ravens’ apparently ongoing deliberations. “Now if you told me this guy threw eight pick-sixes last year and played like a bum, had no talent, that’s one thing. But Ryan Fitzpatrick, Ryan Mallett or whoever is playing for the Jets right now — whoever is starting for the Jets is terrible — have jobs. You’re telling me fans would rather you lose and put a worse player out there because a guy took a stand? That’s where it’s so troublesome to me. . . .

Blake Bortles has shown you enough to where you don’t think Kaep would be a solid fit? Kaep has won games.”

Yes he has. He has nearly won a championship. But team personnel throughout the league have been feeding “football only” nonsense to willing members of the media who pass it along happily to the public because they either don’t like what Kaepernick did or they hope to curry favor with their sources.

For months, the “football only” narrative had prevailed. Baltimore’s decision to be somewhat transparent unwittingly has exposed what’s really happening.

The owners want players to realize that they don’t own the fields, the stadiums, the uniforms, the logos. The teams possess and power the platform, and they choose to let the players occupy it. They’re not going to let players occupy it who step out of line in a way that both triggers criticism from the public and prompts other players to follow suit.

That was Kaepernick’s biggest sin, in the eyes of the vast majority of the league: He did something that caused other players to become aware of their rights, and to act on them.

Everything else that’s been said about Kaepernick is excuse-making and window dressing, no different from the Commissioner dealing with CTE concerns by essentially saying “yeah, but pro football players live longer than those of you who don’t bash your brains into broth.” Some of us see through it. Some of us don’t. Plenty of us don’t really want to.

Well said Sherman. Other players may want to speak out like Sherman did, but their jobs are not as secure as Sherman. So I think he's being a little harsh on players

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2017 NFL Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back