NFL 2017 NFL - Week 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Like, it's entirely possible and all that but please elaborate. Where are they better than us?

At RB until a week ago, probably still are but margin not as big. Though Eagles depth at RB is more impressive.

I'd probably go the Rams front 7 over the Eagles too. Cox is the stud, but I reckon the Rams have 3 (Donald, Quinn, Ogletree).

Give the Rams an edge on ST also.

Watching the KC Cowboys game, up to half time, dunno the final score but if the Boys dont put up 35+ I'll eat my hat, KC D is getting worse each game, looking awful today.

Remember when the 2016 was thought to be a really poor QB class??

Sure, Lynch, Cook and Hackenberg are all duds, but Goff/Wentz/Prescott could more than make up for the shit... Hell, maybe Brissett comes along and Luck is out of a job... And we were so quick to write off Goff and Wentz. Eagles fans were so disappointed last year, as were Rams fans...

Bottom line, Qbs only thrive in the right situations. They can have all the talent in the world, but attitude, coaching etc. play more a part than talent, probably moreso than any other position.

Fair enough, you could most definitely be right about that, using the example you gave though I've been a Wentz backer since pre draft, more than happy to toot my own horn and bump the post, in fact the two players i loved more than anyone from that draft pre draft were Elliot and Wentz. 2/2 (mind you i thought Bosa would be a bust and he is turning out just fine)

This draft resembles the 2013 draft as of right now to me, no doubt there's probably a couple of hidden gems in it but not much depth and a lack of offensive skilled position players. Barkley the clear standout as an offensive weapon but then a decent drop off.

It can change before years end, granted, but as of right now I'm not sold on any QB. Looks to me like cbs and safties probably bat the deepest in terms of position in this draft.

At RB until a week ago, probably still are but margin not as big. Though Eagles depth at RB is more impressive.

I'd probably go the Rams front 7 over the Eagles too. Cox is the stud, but I reckon the Rams have 3 (Donald, Quinn, Ogletree).

The Rams have got better names on their front but I dont think they are playing better than Phili's are right now. (granted Donald had a late start)

Watching the KC Cowboys game, up to half time, dunno the final score but if the Boys dont put up 35+ I'll eat my hat, KC D is getting worse each game, looking awful today.
KC D isn't actually good. They are just good at creating turnovers and not turning it over in offense

They're ranked near the bottom of the league in D yardage

Our front seven has been exceptional.

Cox, Jernigan, Graham, Curry with Barnett, Long mixing through is as good a corp as the league has, as evidenced by our top placed run defence.

We're weak at third line backer, but that's rarely exposed with how often the league requires nickel / dime sets.

Our STs have been exceptional for years now.

Like, it's entirely possible and all that but please elaborate. Where are they better than us?

I dont trust the Eagles. I have seen them do this before and do nothing in Jan.

I think the Rams have better WRs, better D and better coaches.

Its all just my opinion.

With some of the serious injuries to stars this season. I said a few weeks ago its all falling into place for a rams/jags superbowl

Josh Rosen the #1 QB in this class now?? ....yuck.

Thoughts aussiedude catters078 on the draft as a whole?....looks a very weak draft overall to me.

The 2018 QB class wont be called weak.

But in 5 years it will be looked at as a bad class and none of the hyped names will be in the NFL anymore.

I said this years class would be weak also. And watson could be the new RG3. As long as he has a coach like B OB who handcuffs him and is more scared about losing a game than trying to win, he wint be any good.

The Colts need to learn from the Rams and fire Pagano
But who wants that job.
Luck might never be back to his best. They have drafted as bad as the Browns in recent years. The owner is too hands on.

No coach can succeed there right now. And might not even get the time to turn it around. It would be better to follow the guy who is the next coach.

The Rams at least has pieces there to build with

I dont trust the Eagles. I have seen them do this before and do nothing in Jan.

I think the Rams have better WRs, better D and better coaches.

Its all just my opinion.

With some of the serious injuries to stars this season. I said a few weeks ago its all falling into place for a rams/jags superbowl

Look, I don't mind people having an opinion, but you should still be able to defend it with substance. That's the difference between quality and being a clown.

You've not seen the Eagles go 8-1 and do nothing in January. That's simply a lie.

Do the Rams have a better set of receivers than the Eagles? No, not in my view, particularly when you factor in Ertz who is almost a lock to be all-pro this year.

Jeffrey has outperformed the top Rams reciever. Agholor has outperformed the second highest producing rams receiver. Ertz has outperformed them all.

Do they have a better defence? We're better at run defence, total yards, yard per game, third down percentage etc.

Are they better coached? What does that even mean? Point to any sign of bad coaching from the Eagles this year and lets discuss.

Last edited:
Look, I don't mind people having an opinion, but you should still be able to defend it with substance. That's the difference between substance and being a clown.

You've not seen the Eagles go 8-1 and do nothing in January. That's simply a lie.

Do the Rams have a better set of receivers than the Eagles? No, not in my view, particularly when you factor in Ertz who is almost a lock to be all-pro this year.

Jeffrey has outperformed the top Rams reciever. Agholor has outperformed the second highest producing rams receiver. Ertz has outperformed them all.

Do they have a better defence? We're better at run defence, total yards, yard per game, third down percentage etc.

Are they better coached? What does that even mean? Point to any sign of bad coaching from the Eagles this year and lets discuss.
Have the Eagles ever gone 8-1?
The Rams should also only have the 1 loss. they blew the game against Seattle with a few costly turnovers in scoring range and the dropped GW TD at the end.

By saying i have seen them do this before, it wasnt about the record.
It was more about i have seen them look good have over 10 win seasons, and then they do nothing in the playoffs. after entering it with people saying this is finally the year the Eagles do it.

Other than Ertz i would take the Ram's WRs. I still dont trust the Eagles WR's to make 1 play to win the game consistently.
The way the Rams are using Gurley has improved him even more this year.

I think the Rams have one of the [if not the best] front 7s in the league.

I think McVay has done one of the best coaching jobs in recent years with how he has changed the Rams O.
And Wade Philips as the DC is a mastermind coaching move. they were already a good D before he took over.

The Eagles might win the H2H game between them, but i think the Rams will do better in the playoffs and be a better team for longer.

The Eagles are this years Cowboys. a big name team in a big media market finally doing something, everyone is going to hype them all year. and i dont see them living up to the hype.

The Rams Division is trash, its almost as bad as the NFC North right now. the Eagles could lose a both games to the Cowboys. and then stumble in another game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Eagles are at least one win ahead of the Rams (having played an extra game) & are undefeated in the conference (where the Rams have already lost 2)

So the Eagles are odds-on to get home field through the playoffs where they are 5-zip.

Unless something dramatic happens to their form post the bye then they're in the box seat to make a SB run. It sort of doesn't matter how good the Rams are in their run if Philly don't falter. The SB will get down to who can win their way through Philly in Jan. I know which team I'd have my money on in that matchup.

The Eagles are at least one win ahead of the Rams (having played an extra game) & are undefeated in the conference (where the Rams have already lost 2)

So the Eagles are odds-on to get home field through the playoffs where they are 5-zip.

Unless something dramatic happens to their form post the bye then they're in the box seat to make a SB run. It sort of doesn't matter how good the Rams are in their run if Philly don't falter. The SB will get down to who can win their way through Philly in Jan. I know which team I'd have my money on in that matchup.

I fear your mob more than I fear the rams in the playoffs TBH.

Got bad memories of facing Brees in the playoffs.

Have the Eagles ever gone 8-1?

Only in championship years.

The Rams should also only have the 1 loss. they blew the game against Seattle with a few costly turnovers in scoring range and the dropped GW TD at the end.

If we get to play the 'we should game'. We should be undefeated- a tipped interception turns the game against KC.

By saying i have seen them do this before, it wasnt about the record.
It was more about i have seen them look good have over 10 win seasons, and then they do nothing in the playoffs. after entering it with people saying this is finally the year the Eagles do it.

We didnt have Carson Wentz then.

Other than Ertz i would take the Ram's WRs. I still dont trust the Eagles WR's to make 1 play to win the game consistently.

This is just fluff.

Which rams WRs are to be trusted to make 1 play to win the game consistently?

Jeffrey is better than any of their WRs.

The way the Rams are using Gurley has improved him even more this year.

Yeah, sure. Gurley's the best back on either roster. I don't think we're in trouble there though- Ayagi, Blount and Clement just tore shreds off the #1 defence in the league.

I think the Rams have one of the [if not the best] front 7s in the league.

Ours is playing far far better.

I think McVay has done one of the best coaching jobs in recent years with how he has changed the Rams O.
And Wade Philips as the DC is a mastermind coaching move. they were already a good D before he took over.

Why is their performance better than Pederson and Schwartz?

The Eagles might win the H2H game between them, but i think the Rams will do better in the playoffs and be a better team for longer.

For reasons that you can't identify. That's just super.

The Eagles are this years Cowboys. a big name team in a big media market finally doing something, everyone is going to hype them all year. and i dont see them living up to the hype.

This is just packer fan smugness.

The Rams Division is trash, its almost as bad as the NFC North right now. the Eagles could lose a both games to the Cowboys. and then stumble in another game.

Sure. Every single thing that could go wrong for us could go wrong. But what if it doesnt?

I fear your mob more than I fear the rams in the playoffs TBH.

Got bad memories of facing Brees in the playoffs.
For once our O is playing with the luxury of our D not being historically bad. They're needing it too.

We've still got lots of areas to improve on before we're a serious threat but we'll see this week traveling to Buffalo if we can win those type of games.

At least we've got the Panthers keeping us honest. Not sure how they keep winning but that's probably a reflection of how bad a lot teams are.

I'm not confident that we'll win it, or anything really. There certainly have been a lot of let downs.

But for the first time in a long time I don't really see a lot of weakness in this team. This isnt one of the past teams where we were hoping certain things wouldnt be exposed in the playoffs.

What was supposed to be the weakness of the team, the corners, have stood up remarkably well so far and IMO will only get better with Darby coming back.

The biggest fear is that Peters absence at LT could lead to Wentz getting blown up.

Its opinion mate. do you not understand what that means?

i could go point/counterpoint. but its not worth it and you have proven you dont what to see opinions that are different to yours. i have seen enough pointless fights over the years.

Eagles ABC running game (Ajayi, Blount, Clement - yes I thought of that one all by myself) worked surprisingly well I thought.
And it is a lot of the little things that the Iggles seem to be getting right too - like Wentz repeatedly drawing one of the better defenses into offsides by varying his cadences and snap counts.

But God help us if we ever have to rely on Foles for anything substantial. He had that one great year, but jeebus he is bog ordinary.

Though he'd still be the best starting QB in Denver by a mile and a half.

One last note - so good to see a team really go after that douche Talib, really showed him up for the no class braggart that he is.

Now to enjoy bye week, and await the fines and suspensions from the other footbrawl matches this week. What was Winston thinking with that fingerpress to the back of Lattimore's helmet? Was he looking for an off switch on the helmet?? For such a talented QB he behaves like a spoilt brat. And what is up with the Giants?? McAdooooooozy must wake up every morning thanking his lucky stars that the Circus in Cleveland exists to keep everyone distracted from his incompetent performance. Worst first year coach I have ever seen in the NFL, way worse than the likes of Kotite or Tomsula. And it almost (almost) makes me feel sad for Eli.

Sometimes it's good to avoid watching the game. I see the Panthers winning 20-17, and I'm happy. :thumbsu:

I don't need to see the details. :cool:

For once our O is playing with the luxury of our D not being historically bad. They're needing it too.

We've still got lots of areas to improve on before we're a serious threat but we'll see this week traveling to Buffalo if we can win those type of games.

At least we've got the Panthers keeping us honest. Not sure how they keep winning but that's probably a reflection of how bad a lot teams are.

Man, I'm telling ya. I am ready to snipe you when NO falter and we get the better of you.

I said this years class would be weak also. And watson could be the new RG3. As long as he has a coach like B OB who handcuffs him and is more scared about losing a game than trying to win, he wint be any good.

What? 160 points in his past 4 games? Handcuffed?

Watson and RGIII are no comparison. Watson studies, can read defences, better in the pocket and a better throw. Has thrown nearly as many TDs in 7 games as RGIII did in a whole season.

If he was white, Watson would be compared with Rodgers. Of course still needs to prove it over a few years.

When does the ashes start?

Well the Broncos dumpster fire has reached a three alarm all units callout, so depending on how much Brocktacular turnovers are yet to be burned through, it could still burn for a week or three. Which would mean ashes start appearing on the dumpster bottom by around December 8? That is the ashes you are wondering about yes?
Still burning brighter than the ashes of that once proud franchise in New York though...

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2017 NFL - Week 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Back