2nds 2017 - Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely not. Alarming that the match committee thought he was the one who had to go.
You are a bit short sighted , south freo just play on Monday. Peel as a team is more fresh than them nothing to do with Ethan .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Review:

Delluca solid early but died off as the game went on I felt.

Ibbotson not doing anything to demand a spot back in the ones, he was by no means bad, just nothing to get back to ones.

Hughes really solid, was exciting watching logue and him use each other and even just communicating, feel that will work well together for years to come hopefully.

Logue started very well on Saunders first quarter and a half, the Saunders worked his way into the game and stared to get on top. Tough match up for logue and Saunders is smaller and so powerful and deceiving with his leads. Logue got back on top in the last and saved us really with a few strong marks down back and taking the game on to kick it from half back to our forward 50 that ended up in a goal to big Strndica.

Strndica - competed hard, needs to work on his Positioning in one on ones, seems to think it's okay to lose front spot due to his size. Again was by no means bad and competed hard all day.

Darcy: What we get from him week in week out, competing hard all day. Didn't get many follow up possessions like usual and was more quite than past weeks but didn't give up all day.

Dawson won't play AFL again imo.

Suban and Pearce okay but again nothing to demand a recall.

Duman continues to show positive signs, worked hard all day and copped a heavy knock in the third.

Logue BOG in my opinion, just ahead of Hughes purely having a much bigger task and still having as much impact.

Review:

Delluca solid early but died off as the game went on I felt.

Ibbotson not doing anything to demand a spot back in the ones, he was by no means bad, just nothing to get back to ones.

Hughes really solid, was exciting watching logue and him use each other and even just communicating, feel that will work well together for years to come hopefully.

Logue started very well on Saunders first quarter and a half, the Saunders worked his way into the game and stared to get on top. Tough match up for logue and Saunders is smaller and so powerful and deceiving with his leads. Logue got back on top in the last and saved us really with a few strong marks down back and taking the game on to kick it from half back to our forward 50 that ended up in a goal to big Strndica.

Strndica - competed hard, needs to work on his Positioning in one on ones, seems to think it's okay to lose front spot due to his size. Again was by no means bad and competed hard all day.

Darcy: What we get from him week in week out, competing hard all day. Didn't get many follow up possessions like usual and was more quite than past weeks but didn't give up all day.

Dawson won't play AFL again imo.

Suban and Pearce okay but again nothing to demand a recall.

Duman continues to show positive signs, worked hard all day and copped a heavy knock in the third.

Logue BOG in my opinion, just ahead of Hughes purely having a much bigger task and still having as much impact.
Tab? Do any ruck ?

My review as a South fan who couldn't give a crap about Peel:

Peel were lucky we didn't show up in the first half. We just kept turning the ball over and giving up too many clearances- particularly out of the middle. They were also helped by the fact that when Higgins was resting, Marlon Pickett went into the ruck instead of the usual one of Shaw, Pullman, or Stromm. Darcy and Tabs just dominated him in the ruck and gave the Peel midfield easy clearances. Also helped they were kissed on the dick by the umps so much they might as well have been sucking.

2nd half it was a complete domination by South and Peel were lucky in the end we couldn't kick straight. They just let us basically waltz through them at times and kick some easy goals. It was almost like Peel were out of legs and cracking under the pressure. Where Peel fell down was where Freo fall down. Quick transition from defence to attack and getting the ball inside 50 before the mids have time to get back and set up. When we played possession football or just bombed it long Peel were able to deal with it more often than not.

Deluca is at the stage where he needs to get a go at AFL level. I'd put him in before Ballas. He was really good today.

As I am always at the South end I can only comment on the back line. I will say Logue seems to be coming on well but struggled when he was one on one. When he had help and Peel outnumbered us around the ball he looked a lot more comfortable. He played most of the game on Saunders who kicked 3.3 so take that as you will. I don't think Ibbo was bad but didn't do anything to suggest he should be back in ahead of Ryan, Cox, or Nyhuis.

The best call of the day goes to Souths back line coach Arthur Maskos at quarter times. Dawson was playing forward and Marlon Pickett was on him. Arthur said to Pickett, "Dawson is the worst f****** footballer on the ground and you still let him get 4 f****** possessions before you touched the f****** ball!"

My review as a South fan who couldn't give a crap about Peel:

Peel were lucky we didn't show up in the first half. We just kept turning the ball over and giving up too many clearances- particularly out of the middle. They were also helped by the fact that when Higgins was resting, Marlon Pickett went into the ruck instead of the usual one of Shaw, Pullman, or Stromm. Darcy and Tabs just dominated him in the ruck and gave the Peel midfield easy clearances. Also helped they were kissed on the dick by the umps so much they might as well have been sucking.

2nd half it was a complete domination by South and Peel were lucky in the end we couldn't kick straight. They just let us basically waltz through them at times and kick some easy goals. It was almost like Peel were out of legs and cracking under the pressure. Where Peel fell down was where Freo fall down. Quick transition from defence to attack and getting the ball inside 50 before the mids have time to get back and set up. When we played possession football or just bombed it long Peel were able to deal with it more often than not.

Deluca is at the stage where he needs to get a go at AFL level. I'd put him in before Ballas. He was really good today.

As I am always at the South end I can only comment on the back line. I will say Logue seems to be coming on well but struggled when he was one on one. When he had help and Peel outnumbered us around the ball he looked a lot more comfortable. He played most of the game on Saunders who kicked 3.3 so take that as you will. I don't think Ibbo was bad but didn't do anything to suggest he should be back in ahead of Ryan, Cox, or Nyhuis.

The best call of the day goes to Souths back line coach Arthur Maskos at quarter times. Dawson was playing forward and Marlon Pickett was on him. Arthur said to Pickett, "Dawson is the worst f****** footballer on the ground and you still let him get 4 f****** possessions before you touched the f****** ball!"
As a peel fan Boooooo first . Thanks later.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2017 - Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back