Training 2017 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

He might be better off having a lighter pre-season given his hamstring issues.
Maybe he can help the young blokes,clean the shithouse,whatever.

He might be better off having a lighter pre-season given his hamstring issues.
It's a back issue that is the main cause of the problem. Those of you who have had lower back issues understand how it can effect the whole leg. I imagine that because no surgery was had in the off-season that it'll just be rest and management. I tbh think Rocky has a lot to prove next year and will come out firing.

How many # is too many?

1 ..................bloody nerdy young folk technological claptrap anti-social media ..... or whatever it's called ... ... "Twatter", ain't it.

Whatever happened to good old letter writing .....sheeesh, my how time flies ........................

Or is it Instatwat .... no, Twatbook, maybe .....anyway, only certain types of people use it ..... and they would be .........yep - you guessed it.

(end "old man" rant/put down ...............of something he just doesn't understand)

It's a back issue that is the main cause of the problem. Those of you who have had lower back issues understand how it can effect the whole leg. I imagine that because no surgery was had in the off-season that it'll just be rest and management. I tbh think Rocky has a lot to prove next year and will come out firing.
I hope you're right!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fagan wants youth to drive standard

BRISBANE coach Chris Fagan is banking on the Lions’ department of youth to drive high training standards through summer and put pressure on the club’s senior players.

Those with four or fewer years experience will report to pre-season training on Monday when Fagan will preach the importance of “continuous improvement’’ to one of the AFL’s youngest lists. In Fagan’s time at Hawthorn, Hawks senior players spoke often about how the club’s young brigade pushed the experienced core to greater heights.

That same approach has come with him to the Gabba.

“They start two weeks earlier than the older boys so they can get a head start but you always encourage that (young players taking responsibility),’’ he said.

“Particularly for us, being such a young side, we really rely on our young blokes to drive standards and if that pushes some of the older guys to higher levels as well, that’s a great result. “When they turn up, I’ll be talking about the idea of continuous improvement and how we achieve that.

“My big thing is if every time you come to training and every time you come to the club to do anything, you try to improve. Eventually you get to a higher level and eventually, wins come.’’

Fagan expects the players to come back in tiptop shape. “That’s always a good indication of a good attitude and a willingness to improve,’’ he said. “That’s the first thing you are looking for. You are also looking for a real level of enthusiasm on the track. “The season is five months away but the work you do now is really important.

“There’s been a healthy number of guys in the gym already doing weights and running. Every time I wander through the gym, somebody is there when they don’t need to be so that’s a good indicator.’’

Fagan has spoken to each player individually since he took the reins at Brisbane and has been impressed with their attitude.

Lions players with five years or more experience are due back to training in two weeks.

Pearce Hanley must be disappointed he left given in his time at the club too much pressure was placed on the senior players when Fagan's emphasis is on the young boys to drive standards.

I'm not sure the training expectation is that different to previous preseasons. The running is a useful measure because they publish the times.

Bell was setting a good standard last year but before that it's been Nick Robbo, Paparone, Close and even Harris Andrews as a 200cm first year was top 10.

Not everyone is a natural runner but - as a rule - our bottom half has always been made up of the Green's, Hardwood's, Rockliff's, Rich's, Redden's and Hanley's.

Schache beat all of that bunch home last year (Redden was gone by then).

Bewick has been OK. Basti was good last preseason but...

Last edited:
Fagans first coaches address.

CwnKH1AVEAE79vp.jpg:large

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2017 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Back