Votes: 48 10.4%
  • Brayden Fiorini(GC)

Votes: 22 4.8%
  • Wayne Milera(ADEL)

Votes: 20 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

SPP was really good for Port, should get the nod this week, 19 touches 2 goals and 7 clearances, in a winning side. McGrath had 21 possessions too didn't see him play, so can't really say how good he was.

SPP was really good for Port, should get the nod this week, 19 touches 2 goals and 7 clearances, in a winning side. McGrath had 21 possessions too didn't see him play, so can't really say how good he was.
Extremely good. Gave Breust a bath.

Great debut by Pigeon.

He beat Breust, no doubt there.

Milera had 23 and a goal against the GWS mids, he gets it for me.

Milera had 23 and a goal against the GWS mids, he gets it for me.
He was great. I'd say a raffle between three; McGrath, Milera and SPP. I have a feeling a headline of "#1 Draft Pick Gets Round 1 Nomination" will be irresistible for the AFL

Eric Hipwood's performance being a little underrated. 12 disposals, 5 marks (3 contested) 88% efficiency and 2 goals as a KPF was very impressive/influential.
In saying that though, I would expect it to go to one of Powell-Pepper, McGrath, Marchbank or Butler at this point

Eric Hipwood's performance being a little underrated. 12 disposals, 5 marks (3 contested) 88% efficiency and 2 goals as a KPF was very impressive/influential.
In saying that though, I would expect it to go to one of Powell-Pepper, McGrath, Marchbank or Butler at this point

Yep indeed. Im more meaning Hipwood to win the medal. I had a look today and he only played 10 games last year so I think that makes hime eligible. Im not sure many realize that. Hence he isnt in the poll above.

SPP deserves it, massive game from a kid against one of the biggest midfields in the comp.

McGrath's game was unbelievable for a first gamer, killed Breust and was damaging the other way, but SPP was a monster.

Huh I had kind of assumed he had played too many games to be eligible

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think it will be SPP just over McGrath as he did it against a better opponent than McGrath. Milera also did very well.
They may give it to McGrath for the "story" as a number 1 pick. All deserving IMO.

It looks like it will be a tight race this year. I didn't see much of SPP's game but having watched him in the JLT i'm not at all surprised (but doing it against Sydney at the SCG is a fair effort). I thought Milera looked terrific - definitely one to watch this year. Butler also had a cracking game as did his roommate Castagna. Of course as an Essendon supporter I also loved McGrath's game but I reckon that he will play a number of better games this year.

If there's one thing I've realised about this award. If you deserve a nomination and you stay fit then you will get one. So there is no need to get caught up on who had x many possessions in any particular week.

I thought Burton was going to be a shoe-in for this? He's not even in the side...
He goes alright when he is named though 1/1.

Hows Francis tracking? Hopefully he get an extended run at it soon.

Will i get 5 likes?

well done and well deserved and the best thing to come out of the weekend for Hawthorn! Ryan Burton should be in the 22 all year.

Well given that nobody will be nominated there you can't.

Everyone knows the end of season Bye round belongs to the Dogs players. It will probably be one of them.

So they nominate 3 players over the 3 split rounds? Kind of waters down the worth of those nominations given there are only 6 games instead of 9 each week.

Remove this Banner Ad

2017 Rising Star Discussion

Back