Position 2017 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i reckon if he is named round 1, he should get an extended run in there, even if its 6 or 7 games. makes 110-150k in that time, good enough for me tbh. Same goes with Houston, who i thought was no chance, but a real smokey
What position is Houston playing?

half back

fwd in SC, was a def/mid last year from memory (might be thinking about Hewett) but Houston certainly had mid eligibility last year
If SPP plays and Atley .....will Port play 3 first year players together though?

if they are playing well, it doesnt matter who they are tbh
Oh i disagree .....normally teams max first year rookies to no more than 2 .....unless the teams in full rebuild mode

Sydney played 6 first year players last year....
In the one game though, or over the season .....nothing wrong with drip feeding them through over the season ...but 3 in one game, would basically say that Port are in rebuild

1 hour ago

CATS' ROOKIE A ROUND 1 BOLTER

He might look like a member of the school footy team but lightly-framed Geelong rookie Zach Guthrie is looming as an early-season bolter and could play in Round 1.

Guthrie, 18, has been the best performed youngster in Geelong's opening two JLT Community Series games, averaging 21 disposals.

With Geelong’s defensive set up far from locked away, Guthrie is giving coach Chris Scott plenty to think about heading into Round 1.

Drafted as a project player given his 74kg frame, Guthrie, the brother of midfielder Cam, hasn’t put a foot wrong after being recruited with pick 33 in the rookie draft.

"I think Zach, just his composure (is outstanding)," assistant coach James Rahilly said. "He is really good with the ball in his hand and seems to read the play exceptionally well for someone so young. So you can’t have too many of those players."

With Cory Gregson battling a troublesome navicular bone foot injury, there is a chance he could be put on the long-term injury list which would open the door for a rookie promotion.

Question marks remain over Cam Guthrie (ankle) and Lincoln McCarthy (shoulder).

"Cam is on a modified program but he should be ramping it up and be in training next week and hopefully, yeah, fingers crossed (he will play against Essendon)," Rahilly said.

As a bonus, Guthrie is just $102,400 (DEF) in SuperCoach.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...a/news-story/28d6ac786ef23f39a3ec71a70ae7af55

Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago

He might look like a member of the school footy team but lightly-framed Geelong rookie Zach Guthrie is looming as an early-season bolter and could play in Round 1.

Guthrie, 18, has been the best performed youngster in Geelong's opening two JLT Community Series games, averaging 21 disposals.

With Geelong’s defensive set up far from locked away, Guthrie is giving coach Chris Scott plenty to think about heading into Round 1.

Drafted as a project player given his 74kg frame, Guthrie, the brother of midfielder Cam, hasn’t put a foot wrong after being recruited with pick 33 in the rookie draft.

"I think Zach, just his composure (is outstanding)," assistant coach James Rahilly said. "He is really good with the ball in his hand and seems to read the play exceptionally well for someone so young. So you can’t have too many of those players."

With Cory Gregson battling a troublesome navicular bone foot injury, there is a chance he could be put on the long-term injury list which would open the door for a rookie promotion.

"Cam is on a modified program but he should be ramping it up and be in training next week and hopefully, yeah, fingers crossed (he will play against Essendon)," Rahilly said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...a/news-story/28d6ac786ef23f39a3ec71a70ae7af55

Fingers crossed.
Where does that leave stewart?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am thinking of Taranto as a forward Rookie option ?
Yeah if hes named round 1 I think for me at least it'll depend on how many forward rookies get named. I have 3 atm and im hoping they all play but if not ill slide him in the forward line.

Reeks of Hopper, SFA JS
This exactly. They have top quality players with AFL experience waiting to play. Taranto will be lucky to play 8 games

Joel Smith not named for JLT game 3...

I don't know why you guys are dismissing Tarantos JS, Hopper would've played every game from round 8 onwards had he not got injured
Only reason I see Taranto getting games is because Whitfield was a naughty boy

Only reason I see Taranto getting games is because Whitfield was a naughty boy

If Lids ever gets over his 1 week calf injury from pre-season last year I can see Taranto getting sent back to kick bag after bag in the NEAFL in an instant.

Not that too many people have him in their side but Mccluggage ruled out for a month with ankle injury, picked it up in first quarter of the Bulldogs game.

Explains why he looked so out of it compared to the first game

1 hour ago

Fingers crossed.
No Chance IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back