PF, 2016, Sydney 15.7 (97) d Geelong 8.12 (60) at the MCG
R16, 2016, Sydney 15.8 (98) d Geelong 9.6 (60) at Simonds Stadium
R19, 2015, Geelong 14.11 (95) d Sydney 9.9 (63) at Simonds Stadium
R7, 2015, Sydney 18.12 (120) d Geelong 11.11 (77) at ANZ Stadium

The Captains:

images
images

Joel Selwood (14):
Selected by Geelong with the 7th pick in the 2006 draft, he debuted in round 1 2007 (Rising Star 2007). Joel was named as vice-captain in 2011, and captain at the beginning of 2012. An All Australian in 2009, 2010, 2013 (C), 2014 (C), 2016 (C) and 2017; and a Cari Greeves (B&F) medallist 2010, 2013 and 2014; Joel is credited as being an inspirational leader who leads by example.

Josh P Kennedy (12):
Selected by Hawthorn as Father/Son pick (overall #40) in 2006, Josh debuted in 2008 and played just 13 games to the end of 2009 when he was traded to Sydney, where he has taken his tally of games played to 203. He has never scored less than 3rd in the Bob Skilton Medal (B&F) and has won 3 times (2012, 2015 & 2016). He was All Australian in 2012, 2014 & 2016, and imo, should have been in the 2017 AA side as Captain. Josh leads the league in winning the contested ball, and has been an inspirational leader in what has been a record breaking run to the finals in 2017, after an 0-6 start.

The Season So Far:
The Cats started the season with a 5-0 streak, but have been patchy since then. Beaten by Collingwood, the Suns and the Bombers, West Coast, the Crows and the Swans in the H&A, they were then soundly trounced by the Tigers in the First Final. Selwood and Dangerfield are vital to the Cats chances, and both are under an injury cloud. Both are instrumental to their game style and if either one are not playing at their best, or not playing at all, the Cats chances of winning are greatly reduced imo.

The Swans on the other hand, started the season with an 0-6 streak, which has meant they have been playing cut-throat footy since round 7. However, under the leadership of JPK, Hanners, Parker and Rampe, they have gone on to win 13 of the last 15 games, only losing to Hawthorn (Owen, Owen, who the **** is OWEN!). Their record breaking run has been based on their strategy of full team defence, and the back six impenetrable! Their mids are really hitting their straps, and their forwards are finally kicking straight. The Swans slaughtered Essendon last weekend, and sounded a warning to the rest of the competition…

The Swans are on the rampage, and are looking to steal the Flag!!!

TIP: The Swans to win by 42
upload_2017-9-12_21-43-32.jpeg

PS. Sorry, can't figure out why it doesn't hold its formating... :(

Last edited:

forwards are finally kicking straight.
This is something perhaps overlooked in the hubbub of our great recent form.

In our last 5 matches, we've kicked:

That is exceedingly good kicking for goal (from a club not always regarded as the most accurate) and I think, a huge factor in our current success.

Might Plugger's tutelage be finally starting to have an effect?

Bloody hope so.

Realistically shouldn't be a problem. Their forward line is very suspect and our defence should take care of them easily.

Keep thinking with all the talk about Gee-long needing to up their defensive pressure, and they will focus on that, has everyone overlooked the fact they only kicked 5 goals last week...the best form of defence is usually attack......thats where I would be focussing.

Feels like a loss against Geelong (or just a loss for us in general) is coming, but looking at Geelong I just really don't see where it will come from. They have an abundance of mediocrity, littered with inconsistently good players (Hawkins, Taylor, Menzel, Motlop, Smith) and three very good players. Even if they perform better than they have done in recent weeks, is it going to be enough to then beat us? I think the only way they can win is if they focus on shutting down our game more than trying to play their own. It's not impossible though...

Man it would suck if we lost this. Not only because we would have come back from 0-6 and won 15 of 17 just to crash out in the second week, but also because if we lose, I only want it to be Adelaide who beat us. I'll be able to rest easily over the summer knowing we were knocked out by the best team in it, but Geelong? Far out that'd kill me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we would be capable of breaking them early in good conditions. But in the wet it will be a real arm wrestle.

The rain will deny their talls though. And Scott loves his skyscrapers.

I think rain will make this game a whole lot closer, especially how much rain has been predicted. Geelong were very sloppy with their ball handling against the giants but I would assume that will be the norm for both teams in this game given the conditions.

I'm more worried about how the boys will pull up if we win!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
I think rain will make this game a whole lot closer, especially how much rain has been predicted. Geelong were very sloppy with their ball handling against the giants but I would assume that will be the norm for both teams in this game given the conditions.

I'm more worried about how the boys will pull up if we win!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Every week I'm saying "I just want us to win one more week but even if we lose, I'm so proud of what we've done this season", and that principle still stands.

But I admit I'd be much happier with us making a Prelim but not the Granny, than I would be for us to lose this week.

I could live with losing to Adelaide.

Can't say the same about this one, given that the Cats have shown so little. I haven't been convinced by them all season.

Every week I'm saying "I just want us to win one more week but even if we lose, I'm so proud of what we've done this season", and that principle still stands.

But I admit I'd be much happier with us making a Prelim but not the Granny, than I would be for us to lose this week.

I could live with losing to Adelaide.

Can't say the same about this one, given that the Cats have shown so little. I haven't been convinced by them all season.

I've been saying all year that the cats record is very flattering..... 3 more wins please swans!

Your biggest concerns are the Crouch brothers IMO, their form has been outstanding, but your backline seems to match quite well with their fowards

Hang on.

Just read that again at Friday 11pm.

I wish I was as confident as you are pessimistic. I am glued to bigfooty waiting for updates or theories to ease my nerves.

I wish I was as confident as you are pessimistic. I am glued to bigfooty waiting for updates or theories to ease my nerves.

I'll admit, the potential for a downpour has eased my pessimism a little, but even if it rains start to finish I have us getting done comfortably.

If it stays dry we'll lose by over 40 points, which will probably be the half time margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back