List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & FA Targets Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
theres a guy Liam Ryan playing in the WAFL... this bloke is a star !!! just won the goal kicking tally for the WAFL as a small forward (68 goals from 20 games in his debut season kicking 40 goals from 16 games) .. takes grabs like Howe regularly... i know we dont need another small forward but this guys is an upgrade on both Minch and Lonie ...
Umm i wonder if he has a manager ?

W
Offer Whitfield 700k x 5 and trade next years 1st for him or one of pick 7 & 8.

Offer Martin 1.4 mil x 7 and take him as a FA.

In dusty, Whitfield and another top 10 pick.

Huge injection of class and speed.

I think it's a more realistic scenario then getting kelly and Martin.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Whitfield ain't going anywhere for 700 x 5

One thing that we've really struggled for, along with speed, is on-field leadership this year. None of the senior guys have shown it consistently enough. I think we need some backup in this department.

I don't know who we could get who could provide that, but we need it.
IMG_6260.JPG

Umm i wonder if he has a manager ?
i would say so ... he bombed the last draft combine hence he didnt get drafted ... majory concern was his fitness (was poor in the running side of things - absolute no tank on him) but he has improved that greatly this year , hes never going to be a run all day midfielder but he is quick off the mark and knows where the goals are .. plus he will put bums on seats with his marks... very gettable with a later draft pick or even a rookie pick possible

If he comes to us then we take a giant leap forward in our development. Using picks 7 and 8 is miles behind getting Kelly, because each of them is about 5% chance of being as good as Kelly, and even if they are they'll take a few years to come on.

And he'll only nominate us if there's a good chance we can land him, same as Carlisle. I thought at the time that we overpaid for Carlisle, now he looks like a bargain. Same will be true of Kelly even if he costs us both our first rounders.
Agree totally.

Walks straight in as our best mid. We could only hope for a player half as good as him with picks 7 & 8.

Added - we get 10+ years of him.

theres a guy Liam Ryan playing in the WAFL... this bloke is a star !!! just won the goal kicking tally for the WAFL as a small forward (68 goals from 20 games in his debut season kicking 40 goals from 16 games) .. takes grabs like Howe regularly... i know we dont need another small forward but this guys is an upgrade on both Minch and Lonie ...
StCicatriz your mate?

Sure is mate

A little bit more context to what Trav said. Liam Ryan is only 20. Last year he was 19. There would be at most 12 months between him and someone like ben long. Yet liam ryan is already kicking bags of goals consistently as his side key forward target. If Ben long was doing what liam ryan has done the last two season we would be talking him up something shocking. Yet Ryan isn't on our list :-( we need to fix that

Last year was liam Ryan's first season of WAFL football. Prior to that he was playing country football up at geraldton. This year is his second season. Last year he kicked 40 goals from 16 games of senior football. This year he's kicked 68 goals with more games remaining.

The AFL clubs rarely draft state league talent off the back of one debut season. They tend to be pretty transparent and state they need to see them back it up and improve on their weaknesses.

The big question is how the WA Football development system missed him. Why wasn't he in the u18 state side. It just shows how hard it is to identify all of the talent in such a large state with many remote areas.

What it does show is how good subi's talent identification program is. Liam Ryan wasn't even in their zone. Yet they found him and then developed him. His zoned WAFL club didn't even know about him nor did they want him.

He was a very raw talent when he came to the club but they've started to round him out a little. His defensive pressure has improved considerably. He is having more impact on the play especially acts that don't end him scoring. He has more goal assists and kicking off scoring chances. His body has developed. He's put on more size especially in the upper body.

One knock apart from the tank is that he's a bit fragile. I've seen him struggle at times with his ankle I think. He could be ragged dolled.

But the pros significantly outweigh the negatives. I reckon he's every possibility to be the best small fwd in the comp inside 3 years. He's good for 2-3 cappers a game. Very agile. The only way to stop him when running for the high ball is to infringe him and give away a free.

If there's one player I want this is the one. The reason why I want him is i know he would immediate solve our revolving door of small fwds since Milne and Schneider left. Richo said he wanted a Cyril. Well he's right there. Staring you in the face.

He won't last beyond the 2nd round. A club will go early on him and be rewarded.

i would say so ... he bombed the last draft combine hence he didnt get drafted ... majory concern was his fitness (was poor in the running side of things - absolute no tank on him) but he has improved that greatly this year , hes never going to be a run all day midfielder but he is quick off the mark and knows where the goals are .. plus he will put bums on seats with his marks... very gettable with a later draft pick or even a rookie pick possible

Long went in the 20s as an overager and was wanted any a few clubs around that pick.

If Ryan is as good as advertisted, he will go top 40 irrespective of his age and that's not even taking into consideration that this draft is meant to be quite shallow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long went in the 20s as an overager and was wanted any a few clubs around that pick.

If Ryan is as good as advertisted, he will go top 40 irrespective of his age and that's not even taking into consideration that this draft is meant to be quite shallow.
Spot on. Tbh if we somehow ended up with a pick like pick 16. Id have no hesitation at all in spending it on Ryan.

That's how confident I am. This kid will make it and the clubs that pass him are going to regret it.

Dont know why people are so wound up about getting Whitfield? I dont rate him that highly and would rather Sinclair playing our wings - at least he can win his own ball. Whitfield is still too light to impact games.

His best is excellent, he can flash in and out of games though... suits our needs perfectly but will cost alot, his game vs sydney in the finals last year was phenomenal..

I'd like him, but for a 1st and 2nd not the two 1sts that they would ask for

Sure is mate

A little bit more context to what Trav said. Liam Ryan is only 20. Last year he was 19. There would be at most 12 months between him and someone like ben long. Yet liam ryan is already kicking bags of goals consistently as his side key forward target. If Ben long was doing what liam ryan has done the last two season we would be talking him up something shocking. Yet Ryan isn't on our list :-( we need to fix that

Last year was liam Ryan's first season of WAFL football. Prior to that he was playing country football up at geraldton. This year is his second season. Last year he kicked 40 goals from 16 games of senior football. This year he's kicked 68 goals with more games remaining.

The AFL clubs rarely draft state league talent off the back of one debut season. They tend to be pretty transparent and state they need to see them back it up and improve on their weaknesses.

The big question is how the WA Football development system missed him. Why wasn't he in the u18 state side. It just shows how hard it is to identify all of the talent in such a large state with many remote areas.

What it does show is how good subi's talent identification program is. Liam Ryan wasn't even in their zone. Yet they found him and then developed him. His zoned WAFL club didn't even know about him nor did they want him.

He was a very raw talent when he came to the club but they've started to round him out a little. His defensive pressure has improved considerably. He is having more impact on the play especially acts that don't end him scoring. He has more goal assists and kicking off scoring chances. His body has developed. He's put on more size especially in the upper body.

One knock apart from the tank is that he's a bit fragile. I've seen him struggle at times with his ankle I think. He could be ragged dolled.

But the pros significantly outweigh the negatives. I reckon he's every possibility to be the best small fwd in the comp inside 3 years. He's good for 2-3 cappers a game. Very agile. The only way to stop him when running for the high ball is to infringe him and give away a free.

If there's one player I want this is the one. The reason why I want him is i know he would immediate solve our revolving door of small fwds since Milne and Schneider left. Richo said he wanted a Cyril. Well he's right there. Staring you in the face.

He won't last beyond the 2nd round. A club will go early on him and be rewarded.

Trade 7+8 for bris pick 1 and 18..

Pick 1 for Kelly
Pick 18 on the 2nd coming of Jeff Farmer..

Who's in?

Dont know why people are so wound up about getting Whitfield? I dont rate him that highly and would rather Sinclair playing our wings - at least he can win his own ball. Whitfield is still too light to impact games.
It doesn't have to be one or the other. Imagine Sinclair and Whitfield on both wings, delivering into our forward line.

Trade 7+8 for bris pick 1 and 18..

Pick 1 for Kelly
Pick 18 on the 2nd coming of Jeff Farmer..

Who's in?
Where do i sign. Id do that in a heart beat.

I just wish liam ryan was playing for Sandringham. Then there would be more support for him and people would understand just how good he really is.

It's just so rare to see a kid dominate like this at senior level at only 20. They just never slip through the cracks like this.

Makes you wonder what else is out there

A player nominates a club not the club Kelly, Lever or Martin have right of way all clubs have to do is make it work.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Thats what I said . The player nominates the club but when it comes down to picks, trades or flag threats or competition do you not think the club that looks like theyre losing the player might not try to influence the deal a little bit ? say Gresham or Ross to North or Essendon. Hmmm

This worries me since we already have Lonie who is struggling to make an impact due to his size. As we know, there's a huge jump from state-league football to the AFL, in terms of just how big AFL footballers are. You have to have a very, very good football brain to be able to overcome a pretty big size deficiency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back