List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & FA Targets Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allegations of Collingwood players engaged in inappropriate conduct with minors thread.

There is some poster coys on this site who has made some pretty serious allegations about a St kilda player and is now playing a guessing game giving identity hints to other posters.

I have reported it to the mods but being new to this I'm not sure of the course of action, but it's pretty bloody outrageous imho.

Nahhh looks like a fake plastic prima Donna to me....

So carlton think Kelly is blues bound because of SOS???
So no chance he is coming to us because the best mates play for us, you know the childhood friend and the blokes he played most of his junior footy with, you know the families of those blokes being friends with his parents, of a team thats sitting better than carlton right now, and has better draft picks right now and prob more cap space as we have had more decent players retire than they have

I'll be shocked if he goes to carlton tbh

Sure is mate

A little bit more context to what Trav said. Liam Ryan is only 20. Last year he was 19. There would be at most 12 months between him and someone like ben long. Yet liam ryan is already kicking bags of goals consistently as his side key forward target. If Ben long was doing what liam ryan has done the last two season we would be talking him up something shocking. Yet Ryan isn't on our list :-( we need to fix that

Last year was liam Ryan's first season of WAFL football. Prior to that he was playing country football up at geraldton. This year is his second season. Last year he kicked 40 goals from 16 games of senior football. This year he's kicked 68 goals with more games remaining.

The AFL clubs rarely draft state league talent off the back of one debut season. They tend to be pretty transparent and state they need to see them back it up and improve on their weaknesses.

The big question is how the WA Football development system missed him. Why wasn't he in the u18 state side. It just shows how hard it is to identify all of the talent in such a large state with many remote areas.

What it does show is how good subi's talent identification program is. Liam Ryan wasn't even in their zone. Yet they found him and then developed him. His zoned WAFL club didn't even know about him nor did they want him.

He was a very raw talent when he came to the club but they've started to round him out a little. His defensive pressure has improved considerably. He is having more impact on the play especially acts that don't end him scoring. He has more goal assists and kicking off scoring chances. His body has developed. He's put on more size especially in the upper body.

One knock apart from the tank is that he's a bit fragile. I've seen him struggle at times with his ankle I think. He could be ragged dolled.

But the pros significantly outweigh the negatives. I reckon he's every possibility to be the best small fwd in the comp inside 3 years. He's good for 2-3 cappers a game. Very agile. The only way to stop him when running for the high ball is to infringe him and give away a free.

If there's one player I want this is the one. The reason why I want him is i know he would immediate solve our revolving door of small fwds since Milne and Schneider left. Richo said he wanted a Cyril. Well he's right there. Staring you in the face.

He won't last beyond the 2nd round. A club will go early on him and be rewarded.
ive been a bit slow to the party with him honestly .. but as an East Fremantle Supporter its understandable the WAFL hasnt been a thing of keen interest this year ... what i have seen of him is something we havent had at st kilda for a looong loong time that exciting x factor player ... honestly this guy will get bums on seats when he plays .. he is exciting . i watched his game against the WCE reserves East Perth and he made them look foolish they had no answer to stop him.. at the moment i would put him well ahead of Lonie, Minch and Ben Long

Long went in the 20s as an overager and was wanted any a few clubs around that pick.

If Ryan is as good as advertisted, he will go top 40 irrespective of his age and that's not even taking into consideration that this draft is meant to be quite shallow.
i am yet to see anything in Long to suggest he was worth a pick in the 50's hopefully for us that changes .. with Ryan i reckon straight up he is an improvment on Long

Pick 7 and next years first to Brisbane for picks 1+19

Pick 1 to either North for pick 3 + 21 or Blues for 4 + 22 (so they can Aquire Kelly if he decides to go either of them clubs instead of us.

Head to this years draft with picks 3 or 4, 8, 19, 21 or 22 without a 2018 first rounder.

Offer a Kings ransom to Dusty and throw the left over scraps Rockliffs way.

My head hurts, and I'm bad at this lol.

This worries me since we already have Lonie who is struggling to make an impact due to his size. As we know, there's a huge jump from state-league football to the AFL, in terms of just how big AFL footballers are. You have to have a very, very good football brain to be able to overcome a pretty big size deficiency.
what Ryan has over Lonie is a contested mark .. Lonie would have him covered for endurance and defensive pressure but Ryan would have him for marking kicking and natural flair ... last week Ryan played on the WCE affiliated WAFL side on AFL quality players and held his own, but its about playing to your strenghts he will get ragdolled if he is trying to win the ball at the bottom of the pack but you wouldnt want him there you will want him jumping on Bruce's head to take mark of the year before calmly slotting it through the big sticks ..

Injury history? I don't know about that, but he's got out on the park pretty well. In the last 8 years he's played: 19, 20, 22, 21, 18, 16, 17, 20. Obviously missed some games here and there but to me that looks like he's generally been fit and available.

18, 16, 17, 20 means he's missed 20% of games the last 4 years through injury.

That's hardly a picture of fitness, given that doesn't include the games that he actually got injured.
Nor does it include times where he has played injured (like the last 2 months for instance) and performed poorly.

We laugh at the pies getting old man wells on 500k/year... rocky on 800k/year could be equally risky/stupid if he can't stay on the park

That's hardly a picture of fitness, given that doesn't include the games that he actually got injured.
Nor does it include times where he has played injured (like the last 2 months for instance) and performed poorly.

We laugh at the pies getting old man wells on 500k/year... rocky on 800k/year could be equally risky/stupid if he can't stay on the park
Don't worry, Rocky isn't coming to the Saints

what Ryan has over Lonie is a contested mark .. Lonie would have him covered for endurance and defensive pressure but Ryan would have him for marking kicking and natural flair ... last week Ryan played on the WCE affiliated WAFL side on AFL quality players and held his own, but its about playing to your strenghts he will get ragdolled if he is trying to win the ball at the bottom of the pack but you wouldnt want him there you will want him jumping on Bruce's head to take mark of the year before calmly slotting it through the big sticks ..

ripping assessment. if he has affect at AFL level it would have a knock on affect. instead of the opposition double teaming bruce or membrey and being concerned with the contested marking, they will also have to be mindful of leaping liam, getting a run at the high ball

lets be honest here, the opposition didnt seem phased with lonie at all. minchington maybe against geelong when he was on

in terms of the loose ball, suddenly your mindful of him as well as billings + gresham. so it should give atleast 1 player a chop out in either scenario

Anyone see the AFL article on Kelly?

Nick Bowen looks at what GWS might expect for a Josh Kelly trade
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-29/what-giant-demand-will-see-kelly-head-south

How in the world of **** are Carlton better positioned than us long term in the race for the flag? They are getting carried like **** by a guy who's SA bound, have an aging-soft captain (who is a genius to make matters worse) and a ruckman who has knees made of glass. A few promising young players (which clubs don't have these) and a genuine star in Docherty. Other than that it's pretty bone-dry.

Give me our spine, midfield AND our ruck division any day of the week.

Lol god damn bigfooty filter, definitely wasn't my intentions on calling Murphy a genius.

Yeap just read that. Couldn't believe what I was reading. Can cop that he thinks they are ahead in the Kelly chase (hello Carlisle) but closer to a flag?!? Please.

4 of their top 5 players are all 28-30 year olds and one wants out. Said himself they'd likely have to trade Gibbs to secure the currency for Kelly. Conversly we'd get to keep our best player and add Kelly on top of that.

Their last 3 years has also been 4 wins, 7 wins 6 wins

We are 6.5 wins, 12 wins, 11 wins

I'd suggest they are 2 years behind us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a quick one - I remember the whole champagne popping posts that were shared a few weeks/months ago from ITK's.

It's now quite obvious that both Kelly/Martin aren't over the line and that its looking more likely that neither one of them has agreed to come to us.

My question is, has something changed since then? Did anything even happen back then?

Just a quick one - I remember the whole champagne popping posts that were shared a few weeks/months ago from ITK's.

It's now quite obvious that both Kelly/Martin aren't over the line and that its looking more likely that neither one of them has agreed to come to us.

My question is, has something changed since then? Did anything even happen back then?
Or its just a lot of guessing by everybody

It'll be the flattest we've been since the dark days of Watters if we don't land a big fish this offseason. Missing finals and looking like no improvement from last year - our hopes of a rise and intern membership drive, crowd attendances rest on it.

I'm increasingly getting a little worried about a true big fish. Dusty either stays or goes to North on ridiculous money imo. No guidence there.

Kelly looks like staying at gws at this point unless it's a crazy offer like Dusty I'm afraid.

Lever perhaps - will be great for the side, but not the excitement.

Let's just hope there's something else bubbling away, but very rarely happens.

And suspensions ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back