List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & FA Targets Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyways... I would be targeting Kelly (1st priority), Whitfield, Dusty, Sloane and Oliver if anything goes.

What are peoples thoughts on either Harris Andrews or Fletcher Roberts?

I said on here about halfway through the year that I wanted Harris Andrews! 20 y.o just hit 58 games. He would take over Browns spot and a combination of him and Jakey would make this defence pretty impossible to score against in the future.

Honestly speaking, Wayne Carey is a really nice guy.
Met him twice and he remembered me the second time.

Spent about 4 hours with him on a plane to Gold Coast and he was really keen to chat about himself and sport.

Met him at a function for Scotch old boys as well and was polite to everyone and was pleased to see me there.

I know he's had his issues but I can only judge on what I see.
Read his autobiography. Guy came from a shit background, but has got his act together.
Good luck to him.

From QLD

Mayes?
Martin?
Miller?

Keeping an eye on:

Fiorini
Witherden
McCluggage
Scrimshaw

Fiorini and Witherden both look like they should track to be elite. I have made my man love for Fiorini pretty obvious on here but Witherden is a freak, he seriously would be getting talked up if he was playing at a big Melbourne club. He's played 9 career games in his first year and he's 15th across the AFL for kicks per game, he will be something special. I'd be chasing him hard but there is no way he leaves the Lions.

Agree with this. About 10 years ago U worked with Lenny's uncle. He told Lenny that I would occasionally get down to Linton St for training.

Lenny was eager for me to say hello, but I felt silly.
I was in my late 40's and thought it was a bit weird so I never did.
Old blokes should watch footy and not bother players like fanboi's.

Snake Carlisle was very nice to my daughter although she is about his age ( a year or two younger actually).
Snakey wanted to show his snakey I'm thinking

Most players seem to have that one obsessed creepy fan. Funny that since I've been on twitter I've been shown a few. It's kind of sad that they feel that they're a part of the players lives somehow when in fact the players do everything in their power to avoid them.
I guess they have no choice but to take the good with the bad if they value their high paying job.
I've seen a few on twitter. There's one female that's about 25-30yrs old who has a massive obsession with Roo.... The whole 'I just had a selfie with him at the coffee shop, it's the 10th photo with him this month, he must think I'm weird Lol' stuff kills me.

Yes dear, it's not a joke, he does think your ****ing weird! :D ;)

Jimmy never tried to steal milky ways from the Woolworths in Cranbourne.

Being in the Casey area it was obviously someone who wears Blue & Red. My mail is Christian Petracca. When the girl asked for payment he told her that his club had sent an email to all players and members telling them they had qualified for free finals tickets and chocolate bars. With that his mates Watts and Bugg both chest bumped him and he then proceeded to poke out his tongue while doing a celebratory lap of the self-checking area. It’s all there on Instagram and Snapchat. Just check out #demonsfinalsandfreestuff

What is disappointing to hear is that Paddy had driven to the same location after completing one of his “Driving With Paddy” segments for the Saints. The big clunker was feeling a bit peckish and was keen on getting himself some milky ways. However as he was in a large SUV, and as it was not fitted with running boards, it was considered far too risky for him to attempt to exit the vehicle. At least not without a bloody big helmet.

I was one of those posters who always backed the selection of McCartin over Petracca. Always. However this event has caused me to have very serious doubts.

Christian can deliver the chocolates. Can Paddy?

From QLD

Mayes?
Martin?
Miller?

Keeping an eye on:

Fiorini
Witherden
McCluggage
Scrimshaw
Whilst Witherden has been one out of the box, I think Berry has the most upside - will be a star

one of the best players with the fans has to be NicNat ... really the guy has soooo much patience its incredible the guy cant go down to the shop to buy milk without channel 7 news following him.. everywhere he go's he has a legion of kids following him and he will be polite and talk to all of them pose for photos sign autographs and genuinely show an interest in the person he talks to he is really very good that way even with the crazy adults he always handles them well...

I've seen a few on twitter. There's one female that's about 25-30yrs old who has a massive obsession with Roo.... The whole 'I just had a selfie with him at the coffee shop, it's the 10th photo with him this month, he must think I'm weird Lol' stuff kills me.

Yes dear, it's not a joke, he does think your ******* weird! :D ;)
' Iluvrooey' ? If so, she has a whole instagram account dedicated to him..

I said on here about halfway through the year that I wanted Harris Andrews! 20 y.o just hit 58 games. He would take over Browns spot and a combination of him and Jakey would make this defence pretty impossible to score against in the future.

Yeah good to hear im not alone in that sentiment.. don't suppose you've got any goals against stats?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don't rate Whitfield as elite, he's a bit meh for mine. If we get him he's going to cost heaps and I don't know if he's the best option. I reckon Hall would cost less in trade and income and be around the same mark output wise. Kelly I get, he's on track to be a jet and already is one realistically. I'm not sure Whitfield has a lot more levels to go to and would probably cost $800,000 and 2 firsts for a high B grade or low A. He's going to be much more exposed at the Saints and won't have the option of drifting around loose as the 5th or 6th best mid getting the handball receives off others work. He will be expected to be one of our best 3 and have players directly opposite him.

Agree.. i certainly wouldnt be throwing the same picks and money as i would Kelly for him though, but he still goes alright, is young and will get better.

I'm not going to loose any sleep if we don't land Martin or Kelly.

I've never been a fan of long term massive contracts, Buddy has been a great success so far but how did gaz work out at Gold Coast.

What has really helped Sydney is the players they've found that don't command top money, players from Rookie picks and Academy, and Value late picks while other clubs are trying to steal first rounders from each other.
Frankly i'm stunned at the way they find decent rookies.

Alir Alir, Pick 44 2013. ( Well after Acres and Dunstan ).
Cunningham, Late Rookie pick, not a star but developing well.
Hannebury , Later pick. Gun
Heeney , Academy pick
Hewett , Later pick, 2013.
K Jack, Father son
Jake Lloyd : Rookie pick
Marsh : Late pick 2012.
Melican: Rookie
Mills : Academy player from Sydney northshore ( so probably won't want to move clubs ).
Naismith : Rookie.
Nic Newman : Rookie
Papley : Rookie
Luke Parker : Pick 40
Rampe : Rookie
Callum Sinclair : Rookie
Nick Smith: Rookie

What has really helped Sydney is the players they've found that don't command top money, players from Rookie picks and Academy, and Value late picks while other clubs are trying to steal first rounders from each other.

Heeney , Academy pick
K Jack, Father son
Mills : Academy player from Sydney northshore ( so probably won't want to move clubs ).

I think you'll find it's Sydney's development team that are sensational and your post above proves it.

Read his autobiography. Guy came from a shit background, but has got his act together.
Good luck to him.

Was talking to some guys on a farm up near Wagga a good few years back.
Seemed like everyone in the area was a North supporter.
I asked them, "is that because Carey was from up this way ".
Reply "Hmmph, this has always been a Kangaroo's area, the Carey's are a bunch of thugs "

Yeah good to hear im not alone in that sentiment.. don't suppose you've got any goals against stats?

Don't know the specifics but I know he had a few bags kicked on him. Not really a fair assessment of him though since anyone would have bags kicked on them in poor old Brissy's defence.
But he shows great composure and leadership for such a young age, has had wins against Daniher, Dixon and Lynch, has Fletcher like extendo arms and is huge for a KPD.

I really don't rate Whitfield as elite, he's a bit meh for mine. If we get him he's going to cost heaps and I don't know if he's the best option. I reckon Hall would cost less in trade and income and be around the same mark output wise. Kelly I get, he's on track to be a jet and already is one realistically. I'm not sure Whitfield has a lot more levels to go to and would probably cost $800,000 and 2 firsts for a high B grade or low A. He's going to be much more exposed at the Saints and won't have the option of drifting around loose as the 5th or 6th best mid getting the handball receives off others work. He will be expected to be one of our best 3 and have players directly opposite him.
Thanks for articulating this. I feel the same but couldn't get past simply "I really don't rate Whitfield as elite, he's a bit meh for mine"

Heeney , Academy pick
K Jack, Father son
It's absolute gold if you can pluck an A grader with a late pick.

Think of the impact Sam fisher had for us, the swans have been very good at it for quite a while. I have to say that mills and Heeney are just gifts from the afl, it's a joke they just keep thinking of ways to compromise the system.

I guess you always hope your going to pluck one but you can't plan for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back