List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & FA Targets Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. I felt really bad for the kid getting his signatures, he would've been so pumped up to meet them and get their signatures, only for a player to act like a ****head and be completely disrespectful towards him. It's taken me a long time to be convinced of Webster as a footballer and I'm still not quite there, but I'm now questioning his character as well because that just shouldn't happen.

Let's face it, most players are spoon fed private school campaigners who are earning half a $mill per year in their mid 20's. Anyone who thinks players care half as much about fans as what fans care about the players would be sadly mistaken. Of course there are exceptions, but most of the player interactions with fans are under sufferance. I don't really care, just deliver us one premiership and i will be happy.

I am too.

I don't think we're getting Kelly or Whitfield.

I'd rather draft some talent then trade just to appease the fans.

Not too happy with trading up either to get pick 1. Unless this Rayner campaigner is Nick Riewoldt level usually the #1 pick isn't the best off the draft and 7 and 8 will do perfectly adequate.
Rayner is no where near a consensus #1 pick.

Barry Hall wanted to kill me at the Tunnel nightclub one night.

My crime: saying Go Saints to him while he was sitting at the bar by himself.

Wayne Carey? Nicest bloke ever when I asked him to sign a Norf jumper for a mates' 21st.

Roo has even been know to tell supporters to get #%^*#.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ran in to Wayne Carey one night at a pub when he was at his peak - he was surprisingly very friendly

I am too.

I don't think we're getting Kelly or Whitfield.

I'd rather draft some talent then trade just to appease the fans.

Not too happy with trading up either to get pick 1. Unless this Rayner campaigner is Nick Riewoldt level usually the #1 pick isn't the best off the draft and 7 and 8 will do perfectly adequate.

I'd agree with that.
The odds of getting a really good player from both those picks are much greater than getting one with the first pick. ( Also including injuries and other bad luck items - even a sure thing like O'Meara can turn bad ).

Can anybody with close involement at the club,give some prognosis on Armitage and Freeman futures please.
(ie,is Armo likely to be around or worth keeping till end of 2019,and is club confident that Freezers hammys can cope at next level)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rayner is no where near a consensus #1 pick.
I reckon he pretty much would be from a playing POV (pending how he interviews, etc) if he had better endurance.

Playing wise, he is pretty much everything that clubs would be desperate to get, having the big strong body, the strength/aggressiveness, ferocious tackling, speed/explosiveness, strong marking, booming kick- on both sides, versatility, match-winning ability and ability to win a crazy-high % of his possessions in a contest.

If he develops well and is able to build his endurance to a necessary level he very much has the potential to be a Dusty/Gray/Petracca type and they are like gold.

Even if he only ever played forward he could be like a higher-disposal and much better defensively version of Membrey.

Last edited:
Lets hope Crows win the premiership this year if Kelly and Dusty decides to stay at their clubs.

If Crows win then atleast Sloane will decide to come home after 2018 and we can sign him up if he nominates us

I ran in to Wayne Carey one night at a pub when he was at his peak - he was surprisingly very friendly
Was it Hooters and were you working at the time?

Yeah I had a run in with duck when I was working in valet for a hotel. It was 5 am, he wanted to get his key from us but had lost the valet docket, my colleague was dealing with him and wouldn't give the key as per policy, he was being pretty reasonable about it. I intervened and said I know him it's fine and we had a nice old chuckle.
GAJ was the opposite, laughed at people who didn't recognise him and from what I can gather tried to steal milky way's from woolworths.

think he treated one night stands far better than wifes/girlfiends.
One night stand.... Was it this one?

513k3NFgOML._SL1024_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back