List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & FA Targets Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told about a month ago fringe seniors may get moved. So let's say that's Hickey Lonie savage etc. Then move those picks to a club needing an academy player this giving them more points.... Just thinking out load.

Hmm yeh its a tough one. We could also help facilitate another clubs trade re hawthorn and o'meara

why is that? why wouldn't he wait until the finals are over.? he wouldn't want to disrupt the their campaign.
Announcing he's re-signed eradicates the distraction and probably galvanises the group. If he's gonna re-sign he would have done it by now and it would have been announced by now. Surely he's leaving, and the silence/postponing negotions talk is just a way to avoid the awkward situation of continuing to play for a team you will leave.

whats the pont of trying to get a contracted player out of a club, and spending loads of energy and time when there are easier players to get (i assume)?
If a club is willing to trade out a Gaff much like how we moved on bj and dal to facilitate picks then you make the move. Gaff gives us something we lack. But are they legit noise everyone has heard? I know our club rates him highly.

I didn't mean to compare players. No way WC agree to pick 7 for a contracted, original pick 4, established mid, 2015 AA and BnF.
He isn't worth 2 firsts mate. If you are rebuilding which is the noise at wce then you trade out for a first.

why is that? why wouldn't he wait until the finals are over.? he wouldn't want to disrupt the their campaign.
Tend to agree.
Winning the premiership this year could be the tipping point for him. Has a flag, a premiership, time to move "home".

Otherwise re-sign at GWS for 2 years, we wait until next time.

Announcing he's re-signed eradicates the distraction and probably galvanises the group. If he's gonna re-sign he would have done it by now and it would have been announced by now. Surely he's leaving, and the silence/postponing negotions talk is just a way to avoid the awkward situation of continuing to play for a team you will leave.
I feel this way too. Too much smoke if he is staying. I also think it's poor from a managers point of view that you get him yo re-sign at say 800k for 2 years when he has offers of 1.2+ over 6. That's alot of money to walk away from at his age. One serious injury and he won't see that money again potentially. But that's just my opinion.

WTF are norf trying to do? Anyone can see they are in dire need of a proper rebuild, not topping up ffs. They should be actively seeking to trade Goldstein for as much as possible and hitting the draft hard for a couple of years.

I was saying to a friend earlier in the year that they should be trading Robbie Tarrant for as much as they can get. He'll be 29 early next season and teams are always after key position defenders.

I honestly think he's the only one who's got good trade currency. Aside from Ben brown, but they'd be mad to trade him. Goldy's contract is ridiculous and his form dipped considerably this season so I'm sure a few sides would be second guessing that move.

So if they could get a future first from Tarrant they'd be doing very well. They've literally got no other tradeable currency that they'd be happy to trade out.

And they're going after motlop? Biggest front runner in the comp. Fmd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By not signing and delaying talks he inevitably is disrupting their finals campaign. If he has agreed to stay with GWS he should announce it immediately to end any media speculation on him and his club leading into an important finals campaign. GWS would prefer to have no distractions as would any other club. Dustin Martin did things the right way, did good by his teammates and his club. It's telling that it's taken Josh this long, his club are about to enter into a finals series and still we've heard nothing.

When Kelly was mensioned on 360 Richo took a deeper breath and remoistened his mouth, a tell maybe...
Richo gets movement just at the mention of Kelly
IMG_5949.GIF
Who is as good as Gaff and uncontracted?
Lonie? Just ask the other 17 clubs after Ameet has spoken to them in trade chats

Well there are two possibilities.

Saints are getting no-one and Trout always looks happy
or
someone is signed up
For what it's worth I noticed trout spent a large portion of the WA vs one of the vic sides here watching naughton. To the point the ball would be down the other end of the ground and trout head was turned to naughton one out in the d50

Not sure if the Gaff doubters have watched him play much footy. I have watched him pretty closely the last 2-3 seasons and observed he can hit targets and run all day as well, two pretty important traits that the Saints need. If we can get him for pick 8 or something similar, it will be very good business.

Gift Brisbane pick 2 and take Rocky
Trade 7+8 for 2 and 15
Pick 2 and streak knives (sav) for Gaff and 11

11 and 2018 first for Kelly.
15 draft O'brian

In: Rocky, Gaff, Kelly, 15
Out: 7+8, 2018 1st, streak knives

Depends on how keen west coast are on the top of this draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad