2017 trade hypothetical thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He took load that allowed SPS, Cuningham, Fisher to develop into the midfield. Might not be captain but is definitely a leader with the young playing group. I dont think you would speak to a single Carlton supporter who wouldnt call 2017 a success and Gibbs was a key part of it.

Geeze 3rd to bottom is a success now? I mean I understand you've developed some good kids in 2017 but that doesnt equal success.

I don't quite get your reasoning...how was Gibbs taking a spot in the midfield in a team at the bottom allowing others to develop in the midfield?
Its counter-intuitive.

Actually, it really is. Just complete and utter crap.

That's correct - well done!

Gibbs is 28, a part of our leadership group and one of our best and most important players.

Say as much to the contrary as you like, but you're wrong.

I'll let this one slide because it's pretty clear I'd have more of an idea about where we're at and what we need than you do. Push this issue if you choose, but you'll just continue to embarrass yourself.

Most important for what exactly?
Because without him you may have been 17th?

I dont get where this importance comes from. You're a developing young side, keeping a guy like gibbs over getting some good value for him doesnt help your situation (make no mistake you would've won out of getting a first rounder and a mid level player for Gibbs). Say he retires in 2 years, you're still not in the window. You've now got nothing, instead of maybe 2 young guns for 10 more seasons?

If you like scenarios then I would say we might trade 5 and 40 for 11 and 12 or similar. Don't think pick 18 holds enough value to part with 5.
tenor.gif

I dont get where this importance comes from.

You don't get the situation, period. That much has become very clear, very quickly.

There's nothing wrong with that either. But don't come in here making up complete rubbish and at the same time try and make it sound as though you know what you're talking about.

To say we have no use for him as well as other clear fallacies just doesn't help your cause.

We can go around in circles for as long as you want but the facts don't change. He's contracted for a further two years, very much a required player, and if Adelaide or any other club want him then any deal made will be on our terms. It really is very simple.

You don't get the situation, period. That much has become very clear, very quickly.

There's nothing wrong with that either. But don't come in here making up complete rubbish and at the same time try and make it sound as though you know what you're talking about.

To say we have no use for him as well as other clear fallacies just doesn't help your cause.

We can go around in circles for as long as you want but the facts don't change. He's contracted for a further two years, very much a required player, and if Adelaide or any other club want him then any deal made will be on our terms. It really is very simple.

I havent made up any rubbish.
Facts I've stated are you asked too much, and we didnt want to pay too much.

That and Gibbs has never been AA or B+F.

Put simply you want Adam Treloar value for a guy who is half as good and 6 years older.

All for a guy who has 0% chance of being in your next premiership tilt.

You mean other than the two or three things I've already pulled you up on?

Yeah...neither of these are facts.

I suggest you brush up on your knowledge of what constitutes a fact as opposed to an opinion.

There are plenty who disagree with you.

That and Gibbs has never been AA or B+F.

Put simply you want Adam Treloar value for a guy who is half as good and 6 years older.

All for a guy who has 0% chance of being in your next premiership tilt.

Couldnt agree more, Gibbs wont be there if they ever enter a Premiership window again, should have sold high. In 4 years time they'll wish they had taken a frist and second round pick.

LOL at 16th being a successful season, both times Carlton played Richmond they put an older team on the park, I think they are a bit confused about where they are at.

You mean other than the two or three things I've already pulled you up on?

Yeah...neither of these are facts.

I suggest you brush up on your knowledge of what constitutes a fact as opposed to an opinion.

There are plenty who disagree with you.

Plenty of Carlton people.
Anyone else said the price was too high.
Anyone without navy blue glasses on that is.

Lets be honest, would you have paid the price you set for Bryce? Not in any case.

Look at the post before mine... or the Gibbs thread...or ask anyone.

Couldnt agree more, Gibbs wont be there if they ever enter a Premiership window again, should have sold high. In 4 years time they'll wish they had taken a frist and second round pick.

LOL at 16th being a successful season, both times Carlton played Richmond they put an older team on the park, I think they are a bit confused about where they are at.

Very confused.
Rebuild mode yet holding onto Gibbs is completely against where the club is heading.

Anyone else think that Stringer is now on the fence? His agent said Don's front runner during the week but heard nothing since Smith publicly declared Essendon? Maybe Jake seeing the roll he wants to play just filled.. could be interesting.

Plenty of Carlton people.
Anyone else said the price was too high.
Anyone without navy blue glasses on that is.

Lets be honest, would you have paid the price you set for Bryce? Not in any case.

Look at the post before mine... or the Gibbs thread...or ask anyone.

We should have traded him for Rockliff...............

FFS, he is contracted to Carlton and we still deem his services too valuable for the trade Adelaide offered last year.

I completely understand why other clubs would not part with two 1 first round picks, I wouldn't either however Carlton set the ****ing price as he is contracted and we want him to assist in the rebuild going forward.

Why can you not get this through your brain?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Aaron Francis requesting a trade home:

Adelaide to get him for pick 16, Essendon to ontrade that pick for Stringer?

Edit: might be a bit steep for Francis. Maybe Francis + 28 for 16 + 34.

I'd say that's pretty fair. Slight downgrade on Francis from his draft position, but Essendons overall situation in your hypothetical is Stringer + 34 for Francis + 28 then. Pretty handy. Would be relying on the rumour that Stringers position is untenable and he's not welcome back at the Dogs to get them to accept 16 though.

I'd say that's pretty fair. Slight downgrade on Francis from his draft position, but Essendons overall situation in your hypothetical is Stringer + 34 for Francis + 28 then. Pretty handy. Would be relying on the rumour that Stringers position is untenable and he's not welcome back at the Dogs to get them to accept 16 though.

McCartney's posturing on TR this morning suggested they wanted pick 11. I think they'd end up settling for 16. They can't be too aggressive about the price they get after having basically frogmarched Stringer out the door.

Remove this Banner Ad

2017 trade hypothetical thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back