2017 trade hypothetical thread

Remove this Banner Ad

And yet Melbourne's rebuild is what 5 years ahead of Carltons?

This highlights the dangers of paying top dollar for a superstar (Judd) without having all the pieces. Dragged them from the bottom, to the middle, and back down to the bottom again.

Meanwhile, over the same period, Melbourne payed top dollar for spuds and couldn’t get off the bottom...

The lesson is never pay top dollar...

You want a rational discussion and then you put forward this garbage?

I'd invite you to try again, but we're now one year on from the beginning of this saga and you're still missing the point so I hold no hope that you are all of a sudden going to understand.

The 'facts' have been presented ad nauseum. How many times must they be put forward?

You can continue to reject the true state of affairs, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been offered.

The only fact of any relevance to you should be that he's contracted for a further 2 years and won't be traded unless Carlton receive what they believe to be sufficient compensation.

You can huff and puff about all these other 'facts' you wish to put forward, but they have always been - and remain - completely irrelevant.

Sufficient compensation = ridiculous compensation.

This highlights the dangers of paying top dollar for a superstar (Judd) without having all the pieces. Dragged them from the bottom, to the middle, and back down to the bottom again.

Meanwhile, over the same period, Melbourne payed top dollar for spuds and couldn’t get off the bottom...

The lesson is never pay top dollar...

And meanwhile Melbourne are about to pay top dollar for Lever, while pissing off their current players by getting rid of one of the club favourites.

Lever in, watts hogan out is a shocking trade period for Melbourne.

Super trade involving Pies, Lions, Demons, Blues, Giants, Crows

Final solution everyone wins
———
Crows get- Picks #3, #18, #54, #59
Crows give up- Jake Lever, Charlie Cameron & Pick #34 & 2018 Second Rd Pick
———
Lions get- Charlie Cameron, Pick #10
Lions give up- Josh Schache & Pick #18
———
Pies get- Josh Schache, Pick #34, & Crows 2018 Second Rd Pick & Blues 2018 3rd Round Pick

Pies give up- 2018 First Round Pick, and Picks #54 & #59
———
Blues get- Matthew Kennedy & Pies 2018 First Round Pick
Blues give up Pick #3 and 2018 3rd Round Pick
———
Melbourne get- Jake Lever
Melbourne give up- #10, #27
———
Giants get- Pick #27
Giants give up- Matthew Kennedy
———
Every team gets good compensation for their losses

Thoughts?

Last edited:

———
Crows get- Picks #3, #18, #54
Crows give up- Jake Lever, Charlie Cameron & Pick #34
———
———
Pies get- Josh Schache, Pick #34, & Blues 2018 3rd Round Pick

Pies give up- 2018 First Round Pick, and Pick #54
———
———
———
Giants get- Pick #27
———

Thoughts?
I'd take that in a heartbeat

So essentially a convoluted trade where the Blues come out like bandits given the difference between Pies 2018 R1 (stronger draft) and your R1 this year will be minimal.... So Kennedy is rated as a 3rd rounder. LOL NO.

God I love trade period just for trade hypotheticals like this :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So essentially a convoluted trade where the Blues come out like bandits given the difference between Pies 2018 R1 (stronger draft) and your R1 this year will be minimal.... So Kennedy is rated as a 3rd rounder. LOL NO.

Read. Rated as Pick #27

You reckon? Our 3rd is #38, only 12-15 places off the asking price. However we give up #3 which would score us a top rated midfielder and take a punt on the Pies going further down the ladder. I reckon that is a massive and unnecessary risk for Carlton.

Keep 3, 2018 2nd for Kennedy and we withdraw from this super trade.

Read. Rated as Pick #27
To the Giants yes I can see that. In terms of what the Blues give up in this scenario well the 2 first round picks won't be far off from the two seasons so you give up a 3rd rounder to get Kennedy. That is pie in the sky stuff.

Pies screwed big time, GWS to

You reckon? Our 3rd is #38, only 12-15 places off the asking price. However we give up #3 which would score us a top rated midfielder and take a punt on the Pies going further down the ladder. I reckon that is a massive and unnecessary risk for Carlton.

Keep 3, 2018 2nd for Kennedy and we withdraw from this super trade.
Yes. I reckon and a lot of non blues fans will agree. I'd give pick 20 now to get Kennedy but that won't happen either.

———
Crows get- Picks #3, #18, #54
Crows give up- Jake Lever, Charlie Cameron & Pick #34
———
———
Pies get- Josh Schache, Pick #34, & Blues 2018 3rd Round Pick

Pies give up- 2018 First Round Pick, and Pick #54
———
———
———
Giants get- Pick #27
———

Thoughts?
Why are you so keen to snare our 2018 first round pick? As many 'pies posters said in this thread https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...before-posting.1149975/page-803#post-52916643 no.

We'll give up pick 6 (2017) before next year's first rounder.

Why are you so keen to snare our 2018 first round pick? As many 'pies posters said in this thread https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...before-posting.1149975/page-803#post-52916643 no.

We'll give up pick 6 (2017) before next year's first rounder.

I think Pick #6 is too much for Schache when I think with him Pies will finish 7-10 next year.

I think #8-#10 is what his worth and what Pies will hold next year. Balance out the value.

I know big gamble for Blues too however ask Hawks about Risks. Blues still have 2 top picks and Matthew Kennedy

I think Pick #6 is too much for Schache when I think with him Pies will finish 7-10 next year.

I think #10 is what his worth and what Pies will hold next year
I can't see much difference between 6 this year and 10 in a stronger draft next year (although I think our first pick will be lower than 10 next year). Obviously you can't either and likely value it higher since you're very keen to trade into our 2018 first rounder and preference that pick over 6 in your hypotheticals. Brisbane have enough picks to balance out any inequity between Schache and pick 6 without dipping into either clubs 2018 selections.

Last edited:
I can't see much difference between 6 this year and 10 in a stronger draft next year. Obviously you can't either and likely value it higher since you're very keen to trade into our 2018 first rounder and leave pick 6 out of your hypotheticals. Brisbane have enough picks to balance out any inequity between Schache and pick 6 without dipping into either clubs 2018 selections.

I’ve adjusted few things
Crows give up 2018 Second Round Pick and get #59 from Pies

Your trying to tell me

Pies give up 2018 First Round Pick, Picks #59 & #59 and recieve

1, Josh Schache
2, Pick #34
3, Crows 2018 Second Rd & Blues 2018 3rd Rd
4, and keep Pick #6

and not come out like hwy robbing bandits?

Remove this Banner Ad

2017 trade hypothetical thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back