Review 2018 2nd Elimination Final: Box Hill Hawks v Port Melbourne, 1 September 2018, 2.10pm @ NPO

Remove this Banner Ad

That game was so 1970's. Thought I was looking back in time to the VFA, butchering the ball in a scrappy game on a soggy oval, here's Port Melbourne and we very much look like Sandy. Almost expected Fred Cook to take a mark in the goal square. Well done to the lads. Tough slog.

I think that comment was a fitting reflection of their overall commentary. Unbelievably bias without even trying to hide their favouritism towards Port.

Watched the last half of the match. Don't recall the last time I've commentators in any match literally cheering for one team, I actually thought it was quite funny...

Just watching the replay and i don't know who the commentators are but they are so biased....unbelievable :(:(
I thought the families of the Port Melbourne players did a great job commentating this afternoon...

I was at the game so didn't hear the commentators fortunately.
Only suffered watching the umpires on a roll.

One of the most extraordinary games I've seen.
We virtually chucked it away with poor goalkicking after holding a solid lead.
The last 15 seconds were simply unbelievable when you consider the ball had been locked into the Port forward line for some time and it just looked an impossible task to get it out.
Then the break - goal - siren.

Looking forward to seeing the stats for the game.
Tim O'Brien played a blinder - clearly BOG for me.
Cousins was excellent and is doing his best to deserve a game next Thursday (unfortunately for him, there's no vacancy) and Howe (who should play next week) ) showed his class with relatively limited game time.
Pitto very solid in the ruck.

What really pisses me off is the umpires allowing the illegal tagging - at a stoppage there's no reason why multiple umpires cant see O'Rourke and Lovel scragged and bear hugged by their opponents.

Here you go you sick campaigners.

Sorry I couldn't make it a GIF as it was too big.

Also sorry for quality I took the footage from my phone on the tablet.

Here you go bud

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great win. Didn't mind the commentary so much. Have a soft spot for Port.

Liked Pittonet and Howe. There's a lot of promise in that side. Want to see Howe in the seniors, but he may be too tired for Thursday.

Liked the little Port player trying to take on Pittonet. Thought Pitto was laughing at him.

Well BJK#5, here's testing the friendship. Could you please do a gif of the CJ smother & the resulting Ollie goal?

It's almost as good as the Nash tackle against Sydney.

Well BJK#5, here's testing the friendship. Could you please do a gif of the CJ smother & the resulting Ollie goal?

It's almost as good as the Nash tackle against Sydney.
Sure thing bud

Last edited:
Was Billy Murphy injured? We really needed some composure around goals.

I don’t think so, just squeezed out of the team I think as he was originally named on the extended bench. Has happened a lot this year since the demise of the development league. I would have him in every week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2018 2nd Elimination Final: Box Hill Hawks v Port Melbourne, 1 September 2018, 2.10pm @ NPO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back