Fantasy 2018 - Alpha Dynasty League

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah bs.

I’m one of the few who benefits from GGs continuous piss taking and think it’s better for people not to be so blatantly crap about the whole thing.

We’ve made a precedent on vetoing better trades than that and I thought it was shit BEFORE gg corrected it.

There is no system that justifies a trade like that. In all other shitty trades at least there’s some semblance of sense (ie for QBs, for at least a friggin early third in the existing draft when the third round is happening). We’re still drafting the first round and GG is trading for 4th 5th and 6th picks...

Anyway, whatever, pretend to enjoy winning on the back of crap like that.

GG.exe I was planning on offering you 1.11 and 2.02 for your future first pending the pick coming up, but nothing like dem sweet 4th round picks.
Something has to change if this is ruining the league and people are feeling the way they do (manu too).

I get that GG is making trades with the intention of bettering himself but when its impacting the league negatively, then its not a good thing.

Thoughts GG?

GG's THOUGHTS ON A RANGE OF THINGS

1. I'm still pissed off you guys won't let me tweak the scoring. After eight hundred years of this league. Literally copying the Cutthroat scoring system (ideal), or at least, doing CT-scoring for just the IDPs.

2. As far as trading goes...we decided to stop veto-ing (unless there's actual collusion going on). I think that's fine -- no veto. Especially as we're all highly experienced fantasy managers and we don't deliberately engage in deals that are awful because we're green around the ears and we got duped. No one is duping anyone.

3. Sometimes you get lopsided trades -- including other leagues like Omega or Empire -- simply because a) someone is trying to "reload" rather than "rebuild", b) someone is doing over their "rebuild" after a failed rebuild a year or two before, or c) they're desperate/needy for some player or picks to make their squad better RIGHT NOW or ASAP. Most of my bad trading in recent years has been a mixture of a, b, and c. But it's certainly not either me trying to ruin the league, or make people leave, or as a troll on others, or like I'm a fool who gets duped. Peterbuch has also been caught in this trap too in Alpha over the last few years. Both of us trading our future high picks either for tons of picks to land a dart on some sleeper, or to acquire a player from a position we're in great need of, or to TRY TO make our team better (more competitive) right now, rather than suffer thru another bad year.

4. Whilst the Dspeed-GG trade favors Dspeed, it's certainly not obscene in terms of "bad". Not for the wails that have been coming from all of you. As I explained....in reverse, it's not THAT bad. If I traded my 2018 1.06 for Dspeeds 2019 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 6th. It's not great, could've done better, but it's not obscene.

5. People can make bad picks in the 1st/2nd/3rd rounds, just like they can draft a stud in the 4th/5th/6th. Look at the history of the first round picks in Alpha, you'll see tons of busts. Same with the 2nd rounds. Just because someone has a 1.01-1.06 (if that's what my 2019 1st is ranging to look like), doesn't mean anything. Remember when Dagless and Drd23 and Dspeed used to harp on year after year about how 1st rounders are overrated, and they'd often trade them for a stud player instead of throwing a dart at someone.

6. If you want to install a rule against me trading my 1st, that's really unfair, because I'm not stupid, I know what I'm doing. Yes, we're playing darts with draft picks, there's no certainty. But I'm just TRYING to make my team better each year. Trading futures for picks now so that I can try to land a stud or two.

7. I also don't think you should install a rule against me because I already explained too that I wont be doing this again as I'm caught up now. As in, in previous years, I traded so many future picks just to get 6 in the current one, because I'd traded those picks in the past when they were future picks. So i was chasing my tail. But I'm pretty much caught up now. I acquired 6 total in 2018 and only had to give up a couple picks next year. So next year I'll now have a 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th. Four picks, including a "high" one (2nd), so I'm at 4/6 picks next year. And when 2019 comes around, if I want 2 more picks, I wont need to trade any high draft picks from the 2020 slate of picks that I have. Maybe can trade down the 2019 3rd for a 4th and an extra 6th and that should be enough as I'll have 6/6. So come 2020 draft I'll be all caught up in that sense.

8. BUT...if you knuckleheads really want to put a rule on me, you can do so, but it's unfair, and secondly, unnecessary anyway, as next year and 2020 onward I wont be trading my 1st per se.

9. Which reminds me, it's unfair also because i might want to trade my 1st for some stud player someone has, but you're now banning me from trading it. Which is unfair. Stopping me from actually being able to make a good player acquisition that would help me get better. Eg...in 2020. I might want to trade my 1st to TGBB for Josh Rosen, say. He's a stud say, and TGBB perhaps wants to move on from him. But the rule would bar me from that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Legit, it would be a shot trade, but if it was dspeeds second THIS year it would be different. Legit that would make sense to me knowing you.

But we aren’t out of the first round and you’re trading a future first for a 4th pick. That’s how Cass got the shitty trade through last time. There were immediate benefits to it.

If this was anyone else, we would be calling collusion probably because there’s no other way to justify it. And no way to prove it other than your word.

Not saying you aren’t allowed to trade your first, but if this is the type of crap you’re trading, I would suggest we introduce a majority rule veto for blatantly bad trades that look like nothing else but collusion to the outside world.

This is a serious league???

Damn. How’d I get invited then?
It not a serious league obviously and I would like to think that most of us here are here for fun with the occasional roughie har har pick/win.

But when people are playing in a way that diminishes other people’s enjoyment that much it worth asking the question for why we’re here.

Heck GG should just pick his fourth round studs in the first, save a lot of trouble.

Happens every year and the only people who like it are the ones who benefit from his moronic trades.

But whatever. If we aren't playing to win then no problem. Will concentrate efforts in a non gg league.

Legit, it would be a shot trade, but if it was dspeeds second THIS year it would be different. Legit that would make sense to me knowing you.

But we aren’t out of the first round and you’re trading a future first for a 4th pick. That’s how Cass got the shitty trade through last time. There were immediate benefits to it.

If this was anyone else, we would be calling collusion probably because there’s no other way to justify it. And no way to prove it other than your word.

Not saying you aren’t allowed to trade your first, but if this is the type of crap you’re trading, I would suggest we introduce a majority rule veto for blatantly bad trades that look like nothing else but collusion to the outside world.

I misread Dspeed's PM originally thinking he said his 2.03. So i jumped on it. A future 1st for a current 2nd is how it works. A future 3rd = a current 2nd. Etc. That's how it works. And he threw in a 4th, 5th, 6th, which was what I was after too, some more late round picks. I posted the trade, and then later, after everyone already saw it and complained --- which NOW you're saying that original trade was ok, tho you cried veto at the time --- then later Dspeed corrected me in the PM that it was a future 2nd. Not to say I was OBLIGED to honor the trade still....but I was still ok with it, because a future 2nd is still ok. At the time I would've had TWO 2nds in 2019. Could've easily moved back into the 1st trading those two 2nds, or using my higher 2nd and a 4th say to move up into say 1.09.

But then I decided, seeing as I stuffed up misreading Dspeed's future 2nd for a current 2nd. I still wanted some "high" picks this year. So hence the TGBB trade....which is fine too.....my future 2nd and 4th, for his two current 3rds. That trade was very legit.

Really, when you look at the two trades I made....i simply misread Dspeed's future 2nd for a current one when I accepted....and if it was a current 2nd, I wouldn't have done the TGBB trade. But on the heels of my clerical error. The FOLLOWING trade was very legit and win:win for us both. A good even trade. So my two trades this year were actually decent this time (if you ignore the clerical error).

I misread Dspeed's PM originally thinking he said his 2.03. So i jumped on it. A future 1st for a current 2nd is how it works. A future 3rd = a current 2nd. Etc. That's how it works. And he threw in a 4th, 5th, 6th, which was what I was after too, some more late round picks. I posted the trade, and then later, after everyone already saw it and complained --- which NOW you're saying that original trade was ok, tho you cried veto at the time --- then later Dspeed corrected me in the PM that it was a future 2nd. Not to say I was OBLIGED to honor the trade still....but I was still ok with it, because a future 2nd is still ok. At the time I would've had TWO 2nds in 2019. Could've easily moved back into the 1st trading those two 2nds, or using my higher 2nd and a 4th say to move up into say 1.09.

But then I decided, seeing as I stuffed up misreading Dspeed's future 2nd for a current 2nd. I still wanted some "high" picks this year. So hence the TGBB trade....which is fine too.....my future 2nd and 4th, for his two current 3rds. That trade was very legit.

Really, when you look at the two trades I made....i simply misread Dspeed's future 2nd for a current one when I accepted....and if it was a current 2nd, I wouldn't have done the TGBB trade. But on the heels of my clerical error. The FOLLOWING trade was very legit and win:win for us both. A good even trade. So my two trades this year were actually decent this time (if you ignore the clerical error).
At the time I said it was a shit trade and sighed.

Then I said veto when you ‘fixed’ it.

Edit : apologies,I said ‘veto’ but figured the chant arises comment would show it to be the gag that it was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasy 2018 - Alpha Dynasty League

Remove this Banner Ad

Back