D3 2018 Division 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fair enough , volunteers are the lifeblood of clubs , but sometimes and you see it all the time in the Ressies are biased to their own, it's human nature.
You all are forgetting the main point he shouldn't have had to do it if the VAFA umpire went to the right ground. He did it because 44 blokes wanted a game of footy do you really think he will put his hand up again.

To be fair to the bloke in question, i played footy against him since we were 7 years old. He is no cheat. He is a ripping fella, and his ability to umpire a game of footy without training etc shouldn't be questioned. All complaints should be directed to HO.

At the end of the day, there was still a VAFA umpire who could have overruled, should he felt the need.

To be fair to the bloke in question, i played footy against him since we were 7 years old. He is no cheat. He is a ripping fella, and his ability to umpire a game of footy without training etc shouldn't be questioned. All complaints should be directed to HO.

At the end of the day, there was still a VAFA umpire who could have overruled, should he felt the need.
If there is one VAFA umpire & they start to overrule the game would quickly disintegrate into chaos. Players would start second guessing who was in control & frustration would only continue to grow. There'd almost certainly be a dust up.
Never idea to only have one umpire, especially in a game between two good teams.
Nothing is going to change the result. And it looks like the two teams will have a good chance to reacquaint themselves with better umpires in the finals. Game on.

We don't claim to be super intelligent mate but we can play a bit. I don't really think you are looking forward to playing us again we are very relaxed about the weekend we got told by all you experts expect to get smashed.

Well I guess we were smart enough to let our footy do the talking. Trust me when I say we are really looking forward to playing you guys again.

Was unavailable on the weekend and I'm personally really looking forward to it. As I'm looking forward to the Hawthorn game.

I think everyone likes playing the best and most in form teams don't they?

Until then, good luck for the rest of the year.

I happened to be at the Westborne v Glen Eira match on Saturday.
It is true that the Westborne umpire stepped in when only one official umpire turned up. By the passionate way you stick up for him and from what I hear I am not passing judgement on him being a cheat or inept. Nonetheless he umpired when many, including myself wouldn't / couldn't. Kudos to him for stepping up.

Westborne outplayed Glen Eira all over the park and looked pretty good in doing so. One of those days where almost every kick found their mark, grabs were taken and goals were kicked. Other than being disappointment as I'm a Glen Eira fan and past player from many years ago, it was impressive watching Westborne play great footy.

The most disappointing thing however would have been a comment from the Westborne runner when it was mentioned that a number of our players had been concussed / had heavy head knocks , "Welcome to the West". He knew how he wanted that to come across to us, and we knew how it came across.
I grew up in the West and now live back over in the West. That's not the kind of reputation we want to be known for and have tried for many years to get rid of. I've played footy / cricket in the East, South and even in the country and have had to defend being from the Western suburbs.

On another note , Bedford, I haven't been on here for long but I have always thought of you as a "combine" ;-) hater. Reading your comments above I see that although you can be annoying (to a Glen Eira) supporter you can also be fair and call it how you see it. Kudo's to you mate!

Anyway back to work, the boss doesn't pay me to sit on Bigfooty all morning.

I happened to be at the Westborne v Glen Eira match on Saturday.
It is true that the Westborne umpire stepped in when only one official umpire turned up. By the passionate way you stick up for him and from what I hear I am not passing judgement on him being a cheat or inept. Nonetheless he umpired when many, including myself wouldn't / couldn't. Kudos to him for stepping up.

Westborne outplayed Glen Eira all over the park and looked pretty good in doing so. One of those days where almost every kick found their mark, grabs were taken and goals were kicked. Other than being disappointment as I'm a Glen Eira fan and past player from many years ago, it was impressive watching Westborne play great footy.

The most disappointing thing however would have been a comment from the Westborne runner when it was mentioned that a number of our players had been concussed / had heavy head knocks , "Welcome to the West". He knew how he wanted that to come across to us, and we knew how it came across.
I grew up in the West and now live back over in the West. That's not the kind of reputation we want to be known for and have tried for many years to get rid of. I've played footy / cricket in the East, South and even in the country and have had to defend being from the Western suburbs.

On another note , Bedford, I haven't been on here for long but I have always thought of you as a "combine" ;-) hater. Reading your comments above I see that although you can be annoying (to a Glen Eira) supporter you can also be fair and call it how you see it. Kudo's to you mate!

Anyway back to work, the boss doesn't pay me to sit on Bigfooty all morning.

Fair call and that's all we ask we want to be known for our footy and the way we go about ammo footy. Every week we get comments about the West so its important not to solidify peoples view of us. You seem like a bloke that appreciates a good game I thought the game was played in good spirit no real scuffles just a physical game correct me if I am wrong.

Both groups had players out and injuries on the day obviously when you sit on top undefeated you get hunted every week so it gets tough. The boys felt they got disrespected at Glen Eira first time around and went out to ensure it doesn't happen on our deck and they played great footy.

If we play again that would mean a Prelim spot which seems miles off for us but if we do we have had a great year and be sure we will take it right up to you guys again.

As far as Bedford goes he doesn't call it the way he sees it because most of his info is third hand he wasn't at the game so zero cred from us.

As the EYE said mate you don't have to look far to find me. I have been open about who I am and my involvement for many years.

How about You???

You and "The Eye" would be the only people who don't know who Bedders is!! Go to any Ormond game and I'm sure he will be happy to introduce himself to you.
He would be the last person you would call a keyboard warrior...

Was unavailable on the weekend and I'm personally really looking forward to it. As I'm looking forward to the Hawthorn game.

I think everyone likes playing the best and most in form teams don't they?

Until then, good luck for the rest of the year.

Good luck to you blokes as well your dead right footy is about the contest and playing the best in your comp.Right now you guys are the benchmark. As far as Westbourne goes we have to do a bit more work before we see you guys again.

You and "The Eye" would be the only people who don't know who Bedders is!! Go to any Ormond game and I'm sure he will be happy to introduce himself to you.
He would be the last person you would call a keyboard warrior...
Called him a keyboard Warrior in regards to his comment on cheating he wasn't there and he made a slur on someone's character. Not going over it again bud. You just cant make those kind of accusations and expect no retort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Called him a keyboard Warrior in regards to his comment on cheating he wasn't there and he made a slur on someone's character. Not going over it again bud. You just cant make those kind of accusations and expect no retort.

On this whole controversy....

I am neither combine nor Westbourne. It is pretty well known where I am from...

Nor was I at the game. Having said that, I have played enough footy in VAFA 2s and clubbies to acknowledge and understand the frustrations that come from club umpires.

Kudos to the Westbourne bloke for stepping up. Don’t know him so won’t comment on his character.

What I will say regarding the warriors, a side I have great respect for as opponents, is that those in glass houses should not cast stones...

I sadly witnessed a incident a few weeks previous where a particular Westbourne player got into the face of a former teammate of mine, telling him to get up and questioning his toughness. The bloke in question is a star of the comp and actually could not stand as he had broken his ankle.

You play on the edge, sometime this stuff happens...

That’s all I have to say on the matter.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

On this whole controversy....

I am neither combine nor Westbourne. It is pretty well known where I am from...

Nor was I at the game. Having said that, I have played enough footy in VAFA 2s and clubbies to acknowledge and understand the frustrations that come from club umpires.

Kudos to the Westbourne bloke for stepping up. Don’t know him so won’t comment on his character.

What I will say regarding the warriors, a side I have great respect for as opponents, is that those in glass houses should not cast stones...

I sadly witnessed a incident a few weeks previous where a particular Westbourne player got into the face of a former teammate of mine, telling him to get up and questioning his toughness. The bloke in question is a star of the comp and actually could not stand as he had broken his ankle.

You play on the edge, sometime this stuff happens...

That’s all I have to say on the matter.

Obviously I am aware of your club and we have a very healthy relationship with it and respect your players as well. Disappointing we had a bloke do that I am sure he wouldn't have realised the extent of that injury.

The glass houses comment I am not so sure about. We have not complained about any treatment we get or any other club other than to say don't disrespect volunteers when if the bloke didn't stand up we had no game. We didn't mention any incidents that we were unhappy about in that game in fact my post said the game was played in good spirit hard and tough. I would hope all teams play on the edge but when the game is done be humble in defeat some were and some weren't .

See you and Humphrey for a beer in a few weeks when we welcome you guys across the bridge again.

Obviously I am aware of your club and we have a very healthy relationship with it and respect your players as well. Disappointing we had a bloke do that I am sure he wouldn't have realised the extent of that injury.

The glass houses comment I am not so sure about. We have not complained about any treatment we get or any other club other than to say don't disrespect volunteers when if the bloke didn't stand up we had no game. We didn't mention any incidents that we were unhappy about in that game in fact my post said the game was played in good spirit hard and tough. I would hope all teams play on the edge but when the game is done be humble in defeat some were and some weren't .

See you and Humphrey for a beer in a few weeks when we welcome you guys across the bridge again.

Cheers rog. Fair comment

tipping hawthorn to get up this week over GE I hear the combine have heaps of injuries
You were right about the injuries
Add another 4 that were concussed . So it was going to be a tough ask for GE. Fortunately we snuck in at the end wasting a 5 goal lead in the last quarter. Well done Hawthorn for your great attendance after game. Reserves were beaten today for their second loss and the U19's won. All three sides are on top at the moment . Finally the cubbies notched one up too. See you boys in the finals again.

You were right about the injuries
Add another 4 that were concussed . So it was going to be a tough ask for GE. Fortunately we snuck in at the end wasting a 5 goal lead in the last quarter. Well done Hawthorn for your great attendance after game. Reserves were beaten today for their second loss and the U19's won. All three sides are on top at the moment . Finally the cubbies notched one up too. See you boys in the finals again.
Cheers mate - had to be the worst umpiring decision of all time when your water boy was penalized for taking water to a player in the middle of the 2nd quarter - pretty sure the bloke in charge just made that rule up!

Cheers mate - had to be the worst umpiring decision of all time when your water boy was penalized for taking water to a player in the middle of the 2nd quarter - pretty sure the bloke in charge just made that rule up!
If its in open play then it is a correct call. Water people are only allowed on after a goal is kicked.

If its in open play then it is a correct call. Water people are only allowed on after a goal is kicked.

Literally never seen this enforced in 5 years at this level - the kid was probably 50 meters away from the play

Does this mean in a goal less quarter players don’t get a drink?

Absolute farce in my opinion and I was on the team that the free kick was given to

Literally never seen this enforced in 5 years at this level - the kid was probably 50 meters away from the play

Does this mean in a goal less quarter players don’t get a drink?

Absolute farce in my opinion and I was on the team that the free kick was given to

Yep, its 100% the rule. Has been for about 5-6 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back