List Mgmt. 2018 Draft Day Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

tell me more about Cavarra please boys.

Ben Cavarra (VIC)
Height, Weight:
175cm, 72kg
Summary Profile: A mature-age pressure forward from the VFL who hits the scoreboard and can push up through the midfield. An impressive athlete who combines speed, agility and endurance.

Named in the VFL team of the year in the fwd pocket, great fwd pressure and ready to play round 1

Depends when Khamis bid comes whether we go into small deficit next year or not.

73 is worth next to nothing in terms of points and I think that is our next pick.
If we get to pick 55 I think we're fine, pick 73 is worth 9 points and the fixed discount is 197 points. Pick 55 is worth 207 points, a 1 point deficit next year is too small to change any picks.

Ben Cavarra (VIC)
Height, Weight:
175cm, 72kg
Summary Profile: A mature-age pressure forward from the VFL who hits the scoreboard and can push up through the midfield. An impressive athlete who combines speed, agility and endurance.

Named in the VFL team of the year in the fwd pocket, great fwd pressure and ready to play round 1
Is he a goal-kicker or just a defensive forward?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've moved two ruckman (Roughead and Campbell), two key defenders (Adams and Collins) and a key forward (Redpath) off the list and haven't added one ruckman or key position player.

Fascinating stuff.
We’ve addressed the list needs of speed and skill. I think we have a few rookie spots open so I expect a couple of project talls to develop away in the VFL.

Well done with picking up Ben Cavarra guys, (was really hoping the Blues got him abit later), was a star as a junior (and always told he was too small), and does everything he can to be a better player. Really happy for him getting a gig and I don't think he will not et you down or ever shirk anything in his preparation or team play. Very jealous !

Pick 74 has no points attached to it so I assume any bid on Buku puts us into deficit ?
If it's a 197 fixed discount for bids, any pick after 56 (194 points) puts us in the clear. Small chance he slips to the rookie draft.

Is he a goal-kicker or just a defensive forward?

He played more midfield this season than the last few years but still managed 34 goals (leading VFL goal kicker kicked 41). I'm no VFL watcher or anything so just basing this on stats and other people's writing but goal kicker + pressure fwd by the looks of it. Kicked 5 against Coburg and then 3 against Footscray.

AFL Draft Central - Ben Cavarra - write up

STRENGTHS: Speed, agility, accumulation, endurance
IMPROVEMENTS: Size, strength overhead

SUMMARY: Williamstown’s Ben Cavarra has long been touted as the next in line in terms of VFL prospects ready to make the step-up to AFL level. Since being overlooked in his Morrish Medal winning draft year with Eastern Ranges, Cavarra has done everything in his power to catch the eye of recruiters – highlighted by his outstanding Rookie Me combine results this year with a 2.88 second 20m sprint time, 8.03 second agility test time and 21.7 score in the yo-yo test on the back of another consistent year in the VFL. The Seagulls live-wire has thrived since his move forward, showcasing his already renowned knack for winning plenty of the ball, while also having his speed and smarts become even bigger weapons when close to goal. Recruiters constantly look for outstanding traits in players sub 175cm, and while he has the speed and smarts, the knock on Cavarra has always been his size and whether he can be that have that match-winning quality. He has improved on this area since his draft year. Still, he is as consistent and dedicated as they come and clubs know what they will get out of Cavarra as he plays his role each week. This could be the year that all of his talent becomes too hard to pass up, with mature-age prospects in vogue for teams with late picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 Draft Day Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back