List Mgmt. 2018 Draft Day Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone have any idea on the Gowers / Lynch situation now? Do we Still have the points to upgrade them?

So the 7 list spots are filled by....

Smith
West
Vandermeer
Cavarra
Hayes
Gowers
Lynch

I’m a little lost, is this how it pans out?

Well that's a draft that will please many. 3 Young guys and 2 ready made players who should be playing football straight away. The three kids might not be far off either! Getting Buku Khamis free is just delightful as well, in the West yesterday they rated him around the end of second round. 3 Rookies to come as well, happy days!

Agree TC, good draft except for the fact I have been once again overlooked!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Does anyone have any idea on the Gowers / Lynch situation now? Do we Still have the points to upgrade them?

So the 7 list spots are filled by....

Smith
West
Vandermeer
Cavarra
Hayes
Gowers
Lynch

I’m a little lost, is this how it pans out?
Correct.

Khamis as a Cat B (Outside the normal list).

3 more rookies to be taken tonight.

That's my understanding of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's true that there was a feeding frenzy for high second round picks and if the market was too hot for us to trade up I think we should have aimed to trade 30 out for a pick next year instead of essentially letting it get eaten up by West.
We turned Pick 30 into Pick 36 (which using your terminology then got eaten up) and a future 3rd. Pick 30 would have been eaten up if we had sat on our hands, but instead we got maximum value for it, well played Sam Power. Yet you are unhappy, go figure.

Without really knowing what the projected range of these guys is I would suggest that we then took guys earlier in the draft than we needed to which suggest we did not get value out of that pick 30 at all.
It came out that Richmond were ready to swoop with live trades to get Smith if we did not take him at 7. So taking him then was the right play and had we doubled down to two lower picks we would have been made to look very foolish.

We have essentially turned pick 30 into a 2019 3rd rounder when it could have been a higher pick this year or at the very least a second rounder next year.
Nope. We have actually gained a 2019 3rd rounder which has cost us nothing.

You seem to be keen on the idea of using Pick 30 to change it into an earlier pick (and giving up the free 2019 3rd rounder to do so). Whilst this is equivalent in value, we would then still have needed to match the points on the West bid at Pick 26. Had we grabbed a pick in the 20s instead of 36 and a 2019 3rd rounder, we would have had Pick 26 but wouldn't have had the picks that went on Vandermeer and Cavarra. If we only had one more list spot to fill, going for a pick prior to Pick 30 would have made good sense, but we still had plenty of list spots to fill so what actually took place makes much more sense.

Can anyone tell me why we didn't just take him 10 minutes ago though? Really need an answer
If we took Hayes earlier and a bid for Khamis took place after that pick, then we lose Khamis as we had no live picks and weren't able to match the bid.

We now get Khamis as a Cat B rookie instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 Draft Day Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back