List Mgmt. 2018 Draft Day Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney Stack and Blanck still available.

Interesting to see if go for another mature ager such as Rich or Meek.

How to we rate the trade and draft for us probably a B- We added steak knives in the trade but have 2 potential A graders in the draft plus another good pick and a couple of good mature age players.

Happy with the players taken.

But still very disappointed that we didn’t land a pick before west.

Trading down from 27 was the easy way out IMO.

We need quality, not quantity. We ended with an extra 2019 3rd rounder, but couldn’t find an extra blue chip first rounder.

Conservative, ineffective management in my view. I’m sure most disagree, but I’m unhappy with Powers inability to get it done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need quality, not quantity. We ended with an extra 2019 3rd rounder, but couldn’t find an extra blue chip first rounder.

Conservative, ineffective management in my view. I’m sure most disagree, but I’m unhappy with Powers inability to get it done.
Yeah I'm with you. We had a good opportunity to get another A grader. Ended up limply trading down and then taking Cavarra early with the pick we gained from it. Surely we could have been bolder.

.Really depends who our list management team rated in that range. There were't to many taken before west today that I thought e blue chip

Yeah I'm with you. We had a good opportunity to get another A grader. Ended up limply trading down and then taking Cavarra early with the pick we gained from it. Surely we could have been bolder.
I just dont think it's fair to say we should have done it when we dont know what was on offer. Those late first/early seconds were like gold in this draft, quite clearly dropped off pretty rapidly after that. Look what it cost Carlton to get 19.

Looking at the teams that did trade down, they had to give up exhorbitant amounts IMO. Sure it would have been pretty easy to trade 27 down (and likely get somewhat reamed in the process) but I think it's just kicking the can down the road.

I think we maximised what we had this year and got ourselves a little bonus next year.

Not sure we don't need quantity either....

I don’t claim to be an expert on this stuff but surely the only way we could have traded up was by missing out on Smith?
That’s alright if that’s what you wanted but if the club wanted him they had to take him at 7.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don’t claim to be an expert on this stuff but surely the only way we could have traded up was by missing out on Smith?
That’s alright if that’s what you wanted but if the club wanted him they had to take him at 7.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Nah I'm talking about using our second rounders to get a late first/early second

In such a strong draft, where early 2nd/late 1st's were so valuable then why didn't we do something similar to what Sydney did with Blakey and trade out 27, to eat up the West bid with later picks and then trade it back in? So we could essentially take a player at 27 before West?

It just seems like we didn't capitalise on our good hand at all and played it very safe.

I missed all of the draft today with a family engagement. Just catching up now and haven't seen anything in the thread relating to my question - but could have missed it so apologies if it has been covered. Fox Sports website says Dogs "eventually" decided to match the bid on West. Was there something in this or is it just a journo putting in an extra word to meet his quota? Was there ever any doubt we wouldn't take West at a pick in the mid twenties? Did we hesitate a long time?

You don't seem to realize that higher pick doesn't necessarily equate to high quality.

If you compared pick 23 to picks 40, 41, 42, 43 in any draft, the four 40s picks together would have a far better chance at producing a high quality AFL player than one solitary pick 23.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 Draft Day Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back